MGM Touring tips needed.

crazymomof4

DIS Veteran
I'm just going through all of the info I've clipped from these boards and have found that I have very little on which to creat a touring plan for the MGM Studios. We've been there before but a lot has changed and a lot I've forgotten. So................
What advice would you give about this park? Ex. front to back, Left side first.
What is Must See and what could be skipped?
In what order do you do the attractions?
What gets crowded fast and what's the best time/way to see it?
Best places to view the parade?
Any "secrets" about MGM?
All tips would be appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Love the MGMStudios.org website...very informative! I will definitely be using the info here to create my plan of attack.
Just one thing I noted: The "One Day Tour Guide for Kids" does not include the Muppet 3-D Vision attraction. I would think if this belonged in any touring guide, it would be the one for kids. Just wondering(??)

That's true and the reason I kept it out is because I was shooting for attractions all kids could enjoy and Muppets tends to frighten younger children, but feel free to rip my touring guides to shreds :)

Originally posted by QuickGold
That's true and the reason I kept it out is because I was shooting for attractions all kids could enjoy and Muppets tends to frighten younger children, but feel free to rip my touring guides to shreds :)

No shredding here, I think it's a terrific site and have already enjoyed much of the info on it. I was just curious as to the Muppet thing, I was not aware of the fear factor. Thanks!

When we went, we got FP's for RnRC, then went on ToT; then we went on RnRC. We headed over to Star Tours, then Muppets. (This was an early entry day). We had rec'd FP's to Millionaire from some CM's who were handing them out as we walked in the park, so we took a small popcorn break and played Millionaire at 10:20. From there we visited Woody & Buzz at Al's Toy Barn, then got pizza at Pizza Planet. We saw the Indiana Jones stunt show, and then went to Little Mermaid (note- we should have gotten FP's for Little Mermaid before lunch--would have been a timesaver). My kids were pooped by this time, so we headed back to the hotel. If we had stayed, we would have gone back and done the Backlot Tour & Beauty & the Beast. I also would have liked to see Walt Disney, One Man's Dream. The Great Movie Ride was down for rehab when we were visiting, so we didn't have it on our agenda.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter