Michelle and Fraser's April 2015 WDW Wedding

mkannett

Earning My Ears
Hello! I just signed up today and am super excited to share the planning of our wedding and find out more about other's weddings!

Both my fiance and I are from Canada and are currently planning an April 2015 Wishes wedding at WDW. We are planning to have a smaller intimate wedding (around 20 people) with our Ceremony outside the Yacht Club in the Gazebo (because my sister was an international intern there!), our reception at the Backstage Prop Shop, and an Illuminations Dessert Party. Our pre-wedding activities are hopefully going to be a VIP tour with some of our guests and a welcome dinner at Ohana's.

The theme for our wedding is 'fun, vibrant, and whimsical' and we have 5 wedding colors! We love Pixar, so we are going for Toy Story type event, hopefully with lots of color, toys, and minimal flowers (hello wheatgrass!)

As soon as I get my post count up, will be posting links to my pinterest inspiration boards (for now you can use my forum username on pinterest to find them) and tons of pictures of our customized LEGO Save-the-Month invites and the personalized, guest-specific invites that we are ready to send out once our date is confirmed!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Our (abbreviated) story: We met during our undergrad years while studying to be Computer Scientists about 10 years ago. We started dating soon after I got my BSc (Fraser got his a year later) and continued dating throughout grad school. We lived long distance for about a year while we were interning a different places, but knew that we would eventually get married. We both really enjoy the Disney theme parks and animation, so it was a logical choice for us to plan a WDW wedding once we learned how reasonable the prices were (I had always thought that they were exclusively million dollar affairs). So here we are, a year later, about to graduate with PhD's and planning our Disney wedding!

Our proposal: I love vinylmations and on one of our research trips we were lucky enough to end up in Paris! We could not pass up the opportunity to go to Disneyland Paris. On the first day we were there, we walked into one of the shops and I bought 2 Vinylmation blind boxes. About an hour later, we walked inside the Disneyland castle to the second level and stood on the balcony, overlooking the park. Fraser then said that he didn't feel well so he sat down for a few minutes and told me to continue exploring the castle and taking pictures.

After a while, I went back to go see him. He then told me that I should open the Vinylmations and see what I got. He handed me one, and I opened it, noticing that the silver foil was taped together. I instantly though, "these damn French people, selling opening vinylmations .. sheesh!". I then pulled out the vinylmation and it was custom-painted! Fraser painted 'Will You Marry Me!' on the front and glued my engagement rings (yes rings!) to it's hand! He then said a bunch of things that neither of us can remember, got down on one knee and proposed! I was shocked but overjoyed! We then spent about 30 minutes trying to call my parents from our cell phone (we had not idea how to call Canada from France) and once we got a hold of them, they were pleasantly surprised and a little confused (it was the middle of the night due to the time difference) and one of their first questions, surprise surprise, was "are you going to get married at Disney?".

What a nice story! Such a creative proposal too, so nice that you've got a keepsake of that moment. Backstage Prop Shop will be ideal for keeping with your theme and all of Disney brings so much production value it's easy to minimise adding flowers because they're all already such beautiful locations in their own ways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter