Mickey Head Balloons Question....

When we went in May I think it was $16 cash only, although they said they can run a credit card at the silhouette portrait stand, but no magic bands. They will also replace if popped or it loses air, but ours was indestructible!

Enjoy! I'd say something about the simple pleasures in life, but it is a $16 ballon (and worth it!)

20170506_132430_resized.jpg

Last edited:
When we went in May I think it was $16 cash only, although they said they can run a credit card at the silhouette portrait stand, but no magic bands. They will also replace if popped or it loses air, but ours was indestructible!

Enjoy! I'd say something about the simple pleasures in life, but it is a $16 ballon (and worth it!)

View attachment 263131
Thanks for the reminder it's cash only. I always forget to put some balloon cash in my budget.

We just purchased a light up balloon at DHS on our way out at the end of the night on 8/8. Cash only, I think $15 (my Disney purchases are a blur at this point). It comes with a flat balloon weight, so no need to tie it to anything in your room. No problem having it at AKL anymore, either. We drove this trip, and it it managed to make it from DHS on a crowded bus, to the GF, changed resorts to AKL, and the drive home. After a week and a half it no longer floats, but isn't fully deflated yet!

Attachments

• IMG_7861.JPG
    IMG_7861.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 71

I feel ya! Next week i turn 40 and there is something about those darn balloons. I have always wanted one but the practical adult in me says "That's ridiculous! You can spend $15 on a balloon! You can buy a whole meal for that!" But I may have to splurge on my MNSSHP night and get a balloon. I was in a car accident a little of a week ago and will most likely not be allowed to ride the big rides so it may be fun wandering around holding a balloon at 40 yrs old :D

And remember (at least I THINK I remember) they will replace your balloon if it pops or deflates. We bought one for DGS maybe 5 years ago. He enjoyed it all week and on our last day, we took the somewhat droopy balloon to a vendor and got a fresh one. We then gave it away! Heck, if they did that at the end of their trip, that darn balloon could still be circulating!!!

I feel the same way, same thoughts and everything! I've made a decision that I am getting a balloon and bringing it back up home with me (driving)!
I am part of a group on the book of faces and someone is in Disney now and posted a photo of a balloon handler in ... DISNEY SPRINGS!:eek:
They were the light up ones, but still, Mickey balloons outside of the parks :goodvibes

Wow. DISNEY SPRINGS is my DAY ONE relaxation day. No parks. That would be great. I ADORE DS. It's my favorite place outside of MK. If I saw a balloon handler there - I would indeed opt to get it there as opposed to MK, because I won't be in "crazy-on-the-go" mode. I'll just be in "strolling-about" mode. I won't have to worry about crowds or a super crowded bus with it and it can hang in my room for all 8 days!
Thanks for this info, Amunet!!!

And remember (at least I THINK I remember) they will replace your balloon if it pops or deflates. We bought one for DGS maybe 5 years ago. He enjoyed it all week and on our last day, we took the somewhat droopy balloon to a vendor and got a fresh one. We then gave it away! Heck, if they did that at the end of their trip, that darn balloon could still be circulating!!!

What!!! That is awesome! Great to know!

I feel ya! Next week i turn 40 and there is something about those darn balloons. I have always wanted one but the practical adult in me says "That's ridiculous! You can spend $15 on a balloon! You can buy a whole meal for that!" But I may have to splurge on my MNSSHP night and get a balloon. I was in a car accident a little of a week ago and will most likely not be allowed to ride the big rides so it may be fun wandering around holding a balloon at 40 yrs old :D

Ha! So GREAT to find I'm not the only one yearning for those balloons! It pays to share what you're feeling sometimes!
If you're going to be limited with the rides, DEFINITELY - GET THAT BALLOON. I wish I could just STROLL AROUND with it.
I wish I could take it with me back to the airport, and on the plane and BACK HOME! That's what I REALLY want to do! lol.
I also get the feeling from my MINNIE EARS. My minnie ears stay on for my entire stay. I put them on at the Orlando airport and I don't take them off until I am actually ON the plane going home --- sometime after take-off. lol. I take them off for certain rides (don't want to lose them... they are my precious keepsakes)... but that's it. I'm able to at least get that kid feeling out via the EARS - since I can't drag the balloon around.

I still remember finally buying one for our daughter when she was around 6. I love the balloons but never wanted to deal with it when we went on rides and such. That trip we bought it late in the day, then took it back to our room. On our last day, I let her pick out a child checking in and ask their parents if she could give it to them.

Awesome. My plan exactly! Thanks for sharing!

Also have you seen disneylands popcorn bucket?

I'm going to get one of these online. I must have it. Reminds me of the ballons. My friend made one into a purse. I need this in my life.

OMG. LOL.
That's great. I'm not going to be downing popcorn, and I'm going solo. But if I did, that would be a must!!! Thanks for sharing!

Or!!!! Instead of a room photo........since we both love magic kingdom and ballons. I highly suggest you do this.

You could do one of these dreamy photos. I love Disney balloons. I never bought one because of the fact they are the most annoying thing to buy in the park. You can't carry it in line. Take it on a ride. Etc. but I love them. Funny thing is I don't like any other balloons but Disney ballons. I do t buy them at home.

never let them go so you're acting just "helping" haha. They take photos all the time with guests. I told him to please pose with me and he did smiling. I wanted to capture Main Street and not the castle. You can ask them to move or whatever. They are super cool about it. There is something about the hustle of Main Street that captures my heart. You can see first time faces staring at the castle. You see people excited over their tasty treats. The smells they pump into the air. The little kids excited about the new toy. The adults camping out for the best parade view. I could go on and on.

I have a few lists I made of things I want to do as an annual passholder and I do them. It makes the trip adventurous and fun and we take lots of photos. I recommend you doing this. No, I beg you to do this. From one Disney ballon lover to another. And let me know how it went. It was indeed magical for me.

WOW. I will still want a balloon of my own... but this would be a fantastic pic. Going to do it!
I too am a MAJOR Main Street enthusiast. This trip will be my FIRST time not spending my park entry time hanging out on main street. I have to change my strategy. Going to do rope drop... some rides and then return to my beloved Main Street activities.

My go-to itinerary used to be: Enter the park under the train station tunnel on the left hand side. Go to City Hall and purchase some Disney Dollars (I don't use them - strictly souvenirs - some 1s and a 5) then head straight to ride the railroad train. Get back off at the front of the park. Do Emporium and then slowly stroll main street. It's like not eating the ice cream cone that is Disney - too quickly. Savouring it. Now with the crowds, I don't to linger too long and mosey along like that. I am rope dropping, and I will do it after my first set of FPs are done.

Guess what!? I have been enjoying this couples vlogs on You Tube. On this one they are waiting for Wishes to start and guess what I see in the background!!!??? A handler selling the balloons!!! (around the 1:34 mark!) So they should surely be on sale after Happily Ever

After!

Hello All:

I am long winded and so I will try to be quick.

Since childhood I have always loved the Disney Mickey Head Balloons (seeing them on tv). I've always wanted one. Being a 57 year old adult woman, and on the go at WDW.. I can only look at them and grin nostalgically and wish I was a child and purchase one. I refused to buy one.

ONE: Price is 10 dollars (??? - someone please feel free to correct me - could be more than that - maybe it was 20!!!) - and in all of my previous visits when the thought pushed through to perhaps purchase one - I told myself that I wasn't going to spend 10 or whatever bucks on a balloon.

TWO: As an adult on the go - another deterrent was knowing that I could not (and did not WANT to) walk around with it. I'm on the go way too much. On and off rides, etc. I want my hands free.

Fast forward to now - the big kid in me is really demanding that I satisfy myself and get that balloon so that can say that I got one. So I have decided that I will get one and tie it up in my room at POP and take a pic of myself with it, etc. It will be a small, simple pleasure for me.

Anyway, the question is - My plan is to purchase one late night as I am leaving MK (I don't know if they are sold elsewhere - but the kid in me must purchase it in the MK). But is that Balloon person still hanging around that late. I know that one of the DISers knows the answer to this. Also... is there a chance I can purchase it and have EMPORIUM hold it for me??? Question number two seems like an obvious NO to me. But I'm surprised all the time by the WDW wisdom and knowledge on this board. I could be wrong.

Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

27aee6fbd7a1517d6078ebde74678046--mickey-mouse-balloons-disney-balloons.jpg
I get one on my first night in MK every trip. I turned 50 this year. I buy it just before the fireworks or on the way out. I get the flashy colour changing one with lights and put it in my bedroom and leave it flashing all night. I don't usually sleep with a light but I love that having that and knowing it's my Mickey balloon. My last trip was with my mother in law and I didn't want the balloon to disturb her overnight so I tucked into a corner in the sink area that she couldn't see from her bed. It worked well there as it gave a little light when going to the bathroom. I then deflate them and bring them home.

If it makes you happy, do it

View attachment 263131

Glass Act - thank you so much for validating! Great pic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter