Mickey Heads in Pool with Pics

jimim

DIS Veteran
I haven't been around much cause the summer was taken up with a new pool build that I am contracting myself. Inspired by our love for Disney I needed to include something Mickey in my pool. I saw in the past someone used a plastic mickey head an embedded it in the plaster on the floor. That got my ideas rolling but new there was no way i was putting something into the plaster that would possibly crack or turn color or mess up my plaster job. So I found a custom shop in Florida that has a water jet and sent them pics of what I wanted. 3 weeks later I got my pieces and installed the tile markers and then the plaster company plastered the pool.

IMG_8444 by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_8474 by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_8487 by Jim, on Flickr

Untitled by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_8625_HDR by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_8614_HDR by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_8612_HDR by Jim, on Flickr

I know this is an old string, but wanted to comment on your Mickey tiles...very cool! We are trying to do the exact same thing with our pool remodel. Can you tell me where you had the tiles cut?

hi. wow. never saw this. i hope you made out good with riding someone. i was able to hook up with a shop in florida that had a water jet to handle the job. i don't remember their name and have no paperwork from it. i know i should but it was a rush get it done thing so i didn't hold up my builder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!