Mickey is in the hospital

jennydep

Mouseketeer
I got a call from school right at dismissal yesterday that she was coughing really bad and having trouble catching her breath. So I picked her up so she didn't have to ride the bus home. When we got home, her temp was 102.3. By the time we got to the ER and hour and a half later, her temp was up to 103.3. She got antibiotics and Tylenol right away. Her blood counts came back low. Her AGC (indicates infection fighting ability) was only 244. It should be at least 1000. So she was admitted late last night. This morning her AGC is only 99. Her temp has been down most of the day but is starting to climb again. We'll likely be in till at least Sunday morning. She's feeling pretty good as long as her temp is down. She is visiting with the staff, making crafts and watching movies, so she's a happy camper. My husband should be updating our site tonight after his visit. www.deputyfamily.net.

Poor girl! How scary. Prayers and PD that she recovers from this. Please keep us posted here on the disABILITIES board,when you have a chance. :tink:

Rosemarie

roseprincess said:
Poor girl! How scary. Prayers and PD that she recovers from this. Please keep us posted here on the disABILITIES board,when you have a chance. :tink:

Rosemarie
::yes::
hope she's on the mend soon

just wanted to mention that when I went to their website, Mickey's dad had updated her site as of last night.
Continued prayers and pixie dust.

We're waiting on counts to get here this morning. Mickey had a fever in the night of just over 101. So they drew more blood for cultures. So far nothing has grown in the cultures from Thursday, so that's a good thing.

Because of the fever, last night was a little rough. She started coughing till she threw up and then was awake for a long time. We ended up reading Little Mermaid at 2:00 this morning! She is in a pretty good mood this morning, but didn't want to eat for the first time since we got here. She asked me to have Grandma bring donuts when she comes up, so maybe she'll want one of those.

Grandma is also going to rent Bambi 2 for Mickey. We went downstairs to watch it yesterday and she got too tired about 30 minutes into it so we had to come back up. She was bummed that she didn't get to see all of it. So once again, it's Grandma to the rescue!

Continuing to think of you and pray for you, please keep us posted if you are able.

Sue

This morning Mickey's AGC was 190, almost doubling since yesterday - good thing. Her hemoglobin, though, dropped from 10.something to 9.2 - not good thing.

We were given the chance to go home today and I said no. Given her fever in the night and her hemoglobin drop, I was not comfortable with it. The plan is discharge sometime tomorrow and go to clinic just for counts on Tuesday. They have been holding her chemo since Thursday night to give her counts a chance to recover and we will continue to hold it till after we get counts Tuesday. She's been fever free today - barely! Her temp got up to 100.7 but no higher. She was having some major bone pain today which is a side effect of the chemo she got in clinic last week. We ended up giving her Tylenol 3 to get through that. The hemoglobin drop is likely due to dilution because of the fluids she's been on since Thursday night. So it's not a concern at this point.

We had a great day aside from the pain this evening. Michael, Brad, my IL's, and our pastor and his family came to visit. Brad and Michael got to spend all afternoon and into the evening with us. It was fun. Oh, yeah, Mickey's teacher came to visit for few minutes. That made Mickey's day! This evening we went to the other side of the floor to meet a little boy whose story I've been following for a few days. We played trains with him and then Mickey introduced herself to a little girl in another room and went into visit her. She is such the social butterfly! She already plans to go over and visit both of them tomorrow before we leave.

thanks for the report.
will continue to think of you.

*waving* (I just happened across your post over here)

Sending more prayers and pixie dust for Mickey!
Hug the princess and the jedi from me!

Karen (and the rest of the gang)

Sending lots of prayers & pixie dust too! I saw on the site that she was home, hope things continue to go in the right direction for her! :) BTW the book is on its way, sorry for the delay but it should be there soon. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter