Mickey Statues Tour Question:)

M

MThornton

Hi!
I know this isn't exactly related to the parks, but I do have a question concerning the Mickey statues tour that is coming up:) I know the statues are currently on display at WDW & DL and will soon move to Washington DC for a visit there from late March to mid April..and then onto other US cities across the nation...my question is this (and I've tried to find ways to contact Disney via the statue tour website--but with no luck and there aren't many specific details there) After all 75 statues have been in DC and start their tour to other cities..beginning w/Atlanta...will ALL 75 of the statues be going to ALL of the cities?? I know they are ALL going to DC, but then it lists the other cities they will go to, but it doesn't state that they will ALL 75 be there in ALL of the cities. It shows them in about 5 cities for about a month to month and a half....our family is anxious to see the statues, but we are not sure what city we want to visit to see them in...but we want to see them ALL, not just 25:) So I wondered if they are showing a smaller amount in each city simultaneously..or if ALL 75 will go to each city for a short period of time?
Thanks so much for any help you can give--we need this info to make our trip plans:)
Thanks!
Melisa :)

I could swear the tour was over and they are now at their final destination, Disneyland and then will be sold at auction when they are done at Disneyland. That schedule posted is from last year as I saw them in Boston. All 75 were only seen together at WDW and now at Disneyland.

Thanks so much for the info:)
Now, I am *really* confused though:( I got the tour info from a Disney Insider newsletter type email back in January with links to a story and the tour cities--see this link to the story and tour info:
http://disney.go.com/inside/mickey75/about_tour.html
When you click on see the tour cities--it does list the dates for most of the cities as 2004 (duh me), but DC is listed as 2005. So now I'm wondering if the tour cities dates are a mistake or the real ones? If they are the correct dates then we've missed the tour cities and the only place we could see all 75 statues is in DC in March or April or currently Disneyland. Am I understanding this correctly--or do we think the DC date is wrong too and we've missed them there as well??
I was really *hoping* we could see them in Chicago or Atlanta this summer, but we want to see them all. DC is a possibility, but we'll have to plan quick IF they are indeed going to be there March-April 2005:) Help:)
Thanks again!

MThornton said:
Thanks so much for the info:)
Now, I am *really* confused though:( I got the tour info from a Disney Insider newsletter type email back in January with links to a story and the tour cities--see this link to the story and tour info:
http://disney.go.com/inside/mickey75/about_tour.html
When you click on see the tour cities--it does list the dates for most of the cities as 2004 (duh me), but DC is listed as 2005. So now I'm wondering if the tour cities dates are a mistake or the real ones? If they are the correct dates then we've missed the tour cities and the only place we could see all 75 statues is in DC in March or April or currently Disneyland. Am I understanding this correctly--or do we think the DC date is wrong too and we've missed them there as well??
I was really *hoping* we could see them in Chicago or Atlanta this summer, but we want to see them all. DC is a possibility, but we'll have to plan quick IF they are indeed going to be there March-April 2005:) Help:)
Thanks again!

Well, I was right in that they are at Disneyland now and most of those dates are long over with but in the fine print it does say that all 75 statues will be in DC this year (probably right before they get auctioned off).

So you can see them at Disneyland till February 22 and then in DC March 13 - April 30. Then they'll either go back to Disneyland or be auctioned off.

Just to clarify: the statues are at Disney's California Adventure, not Disneyland. So if you plan on seeing them this week, make sure you get tickets to the correct park.

Does anybody know if there is a website with pictures of the statues? I would love to see some of them.

Thanks,

We were lucky to have 15 Mickey Statues in our town last fall. We received a map with all of the scheduled dates on them. If I'm remembering correctly, there will be statues in New York City this spring, along with DC. Boston was also listed, but I don't remember if that was 2004 or 2005.

Ooh! Exciting stuff. Some are gonna be in Denver about a month after I move down!! woo-hoo!! (sorry...i'm disney deprived up here in montana)

Kirsten

I really believe the tour is over. They are at Disneyland (California Adventure to be exact) till February 22nd, and then they will also go to DC March 13 - April 30, 2005. Then I'm pretty sure the tour is over and they will be auctioned off. Most of that posted schedule is for last year. The tour was last year.

I was lucky enough to see all 75 of the Inspearation statues at MK in January of 2004,they were great.....
From what I've read recently (can't find the link),the info given by the Beatty family is correct,that they're in CA now,then to Washington,then to be auctioned off.........
I believe there touring days are coming to and end! :earsboy: ::MickeyMo
Kirsten in Nova Scotia :wizard:

According to the schedule linked in an above message--the statues are currently in CA @ California Adventure through Feb. 22. They will then be moved to Washington DC and be on display @ the Ronald Reagan Trade Center from March 19-April 30, 2005. Unfortunately, the tour schedule shown on said website doesn't show the remaining tour dates with a year....so in my mind it is very misleading:( One would assume since the dates listed @ the top are for 2005 that the ones below would also be for 2005...but that sadly isn't the case..so for those of us who would still like to see the statues you'll need to go to CA or DC:)

We got to see all 75 in WDW last February. My bestfriend was in Houston and the Mickey's (15 of them) were at his hotel (Gaylord I think). He got a poster from it, and a pic of each one for my DD for Christmas this year.

If you missed it, those photos on the site are good ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter