Mickey Waffle (Golden Malted) Mix ... in Canada?

2orangebirbs

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

Long time disney fan who is FINALLY making their Mickey waffles at home to recreate some of the magic during quarantine--any ideas where to find the Carbon's golden malted waffle mix in Canada? and if not, a brand that has the same components in it but is under a different name here in CA? I have checked/called local stores and did check golden malted's website as well, sadly they don't ship. (And amazon sells it at an unreasonable price.) Any tips/online or in person people know of is greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!!

I buy it directly from the companies website. Goldenmalted.com. They are based in Indiana. Not sure if they ship to Canada but they have an 800 number.

According to the Golden Malted website:

Shipping to P.O. Boxes, APO/FPO and International Addresses

Shipping to P.O. Boxes is NOT available. Shipping to APO/FPO and International addresses are not currently available as a standard option. Please call or e-mail for the status and charges for your specific location.

Call or email them and ask the cost of shipping to Canada.

Hi everyone!

Long time disney fan who is FINALLY making their Mickey waffles at home to recreate some of the magic during quarantine--any ideas where to find the Carbon's golden malted waffle mix in Canada? and if not, a brand that has the same components in it but is under a different name here in CA? I have checked/called local stores and did check golden malted's website as well, sadly they don't ship. (And amazon sells it at an unreasonable price.) Any tips/online or in person people know of is greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!!

I get mine on Amazon.

I dream about Mickey waffles! In years gone by, I have been looking for a way to get the Carbon’s Golden Malted mix, but not found one that would work well for me in NS. I even tried making my own from scratch with malt powder. Still not quite the taste I was looking in for.

I have, however, recently started using the Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake mix that is sold in Costco. There is a waffle recipe included on the package. It is a good product on its own, but I found that I can get it closer to the taste of Mickey waffles by Just adding Approx 1/2 t of real vanilla to the batter. To me, these are good enough that I double the recipe to make extra Belgian-style waffles and freeze them so I can pop them in the toaster to use with chicken or bacon and eggs, etc. Now, if I could just get my hands on one of those cool Disney waffle Makers that does the small Mickey heads...

We do have a Mickey waffle Maker that does the large head but I like the deeper, crispier style, personally.

Fingers crossed that I will be tasting waffles at Sleepy Hollow before the year is out!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has replied! I did check william somona but its quite a small canister. I might go with them if all else fails though. I'm looking up the Krusteaz Buttermilk mix now and am going to give golden malted a call tomorrow (what a fab idea--I didn't even think of that!!!!)

Thanks for the heads up on the recipe additions. Idk if I can find that brand (searching now, gonna call the supermarket tomorrow--thank you!) but I did just want to let you know about the waffle maker (boxed lunch) that's similar to the parks one (if you're looking for a crispier/smaller waffle. I know it's sold out on a couple other sites)

Also, I hope you're back at sleepy hollow (safely) before the year is out--get a nutella fruit waffle for me, they're the best!!!

Last edited:
I got mine at Williams Sonoma. shipping is $19. Krutez isn't malted. I've tried it

I dont think the Krustaez mix is anything close to Carbon's. Not at all similar, IMO. The texture is completely different. I have tried almost every brand of boxed mix and have made a few recipes from scratch. Nothing comes close to Carbon's mix, IMO. Carbon's has 2 ingredients that most others don't: corn flour and malted barley extract. These are key ingredients that make this mix have a flavor profile unlike any other.

I have the little mini Mickey flip waffle maker and it is EXACTLY like the waffles available at the parks and resorts when you use Carbon's.

I get the mix from Amazon. Prices fluctuate, but a big 32oz bag averages $18. A bag that size makes a LOT of waffles. I will pay whatever it costs, to be honest. Best waffle mix, hands down. Nothing else comes close. I use Aunt Jemima mix for pancakes, but it makes terrible waffles.

omg thank you!!!! I really appreciate the in depth comparison in your reply and definitely wanna find the actual carbon brand if I can! However, could you possibly link me to where you're getting it on canadian amazon for around $18? I see the 32oz bag but it's anywhere between 60 dollars to 100 dollars (without shipping) when I search for it.

omg thank you!!!! I really appreciate the in depth comparison in your reply and definitely wanna find the actual carbon brand if I can! However, could you possibly link me to where you're getting it on canadian amazon for around $18? I see the 32oz bag but it's anywhere between 60 dollars to 100 dollars (without shipping) when I search for it.
I didn’t go the amazon route for me it was not expensive. I bought it from Williams Sonoma. It’s $18 shipping so I buy a few at a time

Hey quandrea, do they (waffles international) have a storefront? I just had a quick look at their website and I didn’t see anything about sales. I’m in the Oakville area, and would be interested in picking some up

Just to add to the list, World Market, or Cost Plus in some areas, also sells the Golden Malted waffle mix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter