Mickey Waffles are BAD now!! šŸ™

ScubaCat

DIS Veteran
UPDATE: Enough people have replied validating that they're definitely different and terrible. Please click below and send a quick email to guest relations so they'll fix it! You'll just get back a standard, mostly canned reply, but we really need enough people to send this in order for them to know we're disappointed and that we want them to work on bringing back the delicious mickey waffles we're missing. Yes, I know there are bigger problems in the world right now and that they're probably doing the best they can. But if they aren't aware that people are disappointed, they'll never fix this. We spend a lot to visit (and for bad waffles!). They should be able to fix this eventually, as long as they're aware that people aren't happy.

Please click this link and send a quick email asking for them to bring back the good mickey waffles. It just takes a minute. Be extra polite but make them aware that we know what's up!:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/

---------------------------------

Since the reopening, the Mickey waffles are really REALLY bad! The batter is definitely not the same. Both a TS server and a QS CM confirmed it for me. (Not mentioning names since they definitely seemed nervous to admit it and I don't want anyone getting in trouble.) The server seemed to think there is a supplier issue, which I certainly understand.

Does anyone else have any information in if/when they might be able to get/make the correct batter again? Has anyone else asked about this or am I the only one?? These were among the best waffles ever and now they're like damp chalk bricks! What a fall for the once amazing Mickey waffle.

Inquiring minds would love to know.

Last edited:
Hopefully it is just a supplier issue. This just makes me more nervous about spending a lot of money down there next month. I am booking more TS meals than what we normally do in hopes to get some decent food, but this sounds just awful.

No! We just made the homemade version for dinner tonight. They are so delicious! I can't believe they changed them. I am so disappointed. Hoping they get back to pre-COVID by the time we go back in March.

b87.jpg

Since the reopening, the Mickey waffles are really REALLY bad! The batter is definitely not the same. Both a TS server and a QS CM confirmed it for me. (Not mentioning names since they definitely seemed nervous to admit it and I don't want anyone getting in trouble.) The server seemed to think there is a supplier issue, which I certainly understand.

Does anyone else have any information in if/when they might be able to get/make the correct batter again? Has anyone else asked about this or am I the only one?? These were among the best waffles ever and now they're like damp chalk bricks! What a fall for the once amazing Mickey waffle.

Inquiring minds would love to know.
Thank you for letting us know. I eat Mickey waffles every trip. Now I know not to go for them this time.

Funny you should say this..We had them at Hilton Head and I thought it was "just a fluke"...Was disappointed in them!
I commented to my DH and thought of the delic Mickey Waffles at Contempo Cafe..I commented that those were sooooo good!

Funny you should say this..We had them at Hilton Head and I thought it was "just a fluke"...Was disappointed in them!
I commented to my DH and thought of the delic Mickey Waffles at Contempo Cafe..I commented that those were sooooo good!
Well that sounds like it could very well be a cost cutting measure then. If so and they continue with such, I think the popularity of them will take a drastic hit and eventually Disney will notice.

I tried them at a couple of locations and can confidently declare that it's not a fluke, unfortunately. I'm assuming it's a supplier issue, which would make sense, but they really could have done a little better by now. I've eaten my share of Hampton Inn waffles and those are quite good too. Now, they seem like a delicacy!

I'm going to reach out to guest services on this. There are enough mickey waffle fans out there that they should be made aware that we know there's an issue so they're motivated to try and fix it when they can. I've taken two weeklong Disney trips since reopening and this is probably my biggest letdown! :laughing: If we keep settling for what they're serving us now, we may never get our beloved mickey waffles back.

Well this is bummer...I might pack my anniversary waffle maker for our trip next month after reading this...

I don't think it's a supplier issue. I get emails everyday from Golden Malted regarding sales and discounts. Maybe Disney is using something else cheaper instead to save money.

This would be my guess, too. Iā€™m sure they are cutting everywhere they can right now.

I don't think it's a supplier issue. I get emails everyday from Golden Malted regarding sales and discounts. Maybe Disney is using something else cheaper instead to save money.
This would be my guess, too. Iā€™m sure they are cutting everywhere they can right now.

You never know. They have all kinds of contracts for these things. Maybe a distributor they were using shut down and they had to find another quickly that just carries chalk powder and they just went with it figuring something is better than nothing to get things back up and running. We don't know, but anything is possible. I'd be surprised if they made this small of a cut since it's really cheap in the huge volume they purchase anyway and they have to know it's a guest favorite. Heck, they sell magnets, doggie toys, etc. promoting them. I'm skeptical they'd risk quality on something cheap enough that other hotel chains give away daily. Their operations and contracts are much more complicated than we think.

Nevertheless, I sent a letter to guest relations today letting inquiring about the situation and asking if and/or when it'll be fixed. I think it's important to let them know that there is a level of dissatisfaction. Otherwise they'll assume everyone is fine with waffle-shaped chalk bricks and will keep them in perpetuity. I'll be sure to let everyone know what the response is. I'm not super hopeful of good news but you never know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter