Mickey Waffles are BAD now!! 🙁

Seriously, if you order anything and it's inedible, ask for it to be taken off the bill. They understand that even better than some emails.

Especially emails from people who are emailing based on a report online and have not even been there. They can search your name to see if you were really there if you claim to have been there since reopening rather than just saying "I've read reports..."

I buy it off Amazon. Just search "Golden Malted Waffle Mix" and it's the one in the yellow bag. Disney uses the "complete" (just add water) version, but I prefer the original version that you have to add eggs, melted butter, and water to.

Just curious, how do you know Disney uses the “just add water” mix? I ordered both kinds from their website (have never tried the just add water, so am giving it a try). Was planning on taking the original version and our mickey waffle maker to fort wilderness when we go next month, but it would be a lot easier to pack the just add water version when camping. I NEED to have Mickey waffles in Disney World. Will make them myself if I have to.

Especially emails from people who are emailing based on a report online and have not even been there. They can search your name to see if you were really there if you claim to have been there since reopening rather than just saying "I've read reports..."
Yea, that's more than a little weird to me, how are you going to complain about something you haven't even experienced yet?
While I seem to be the only one, I didn't have any issues with my waffles any of the three times I had them during my trip at the end of August.

Yea, that's more than a little weird to me, how are you going to complain about something you haven't even experienced yet?
While I seem to be the only one, I didn't have any issues with my waffles any of the three times I had them during my trip at the end of August.

I believe everyone that it has changed.

That said I'm sure I wouldn't notice either!
I know I've had Mickey Waffles on my previous trips but nothing stood out about them, certainly can't remember the taste so I'd assume they were still the same.:rotfl:

I know I've had Mickey Waffles on my previous trips but nothing stood out about them, certainly can't remember the taste so I'd assume they were still the same.:rotfl:
Mine had a completely different consistency, I couldn't even eat them. I'm usually not picky about waffles but these were gross. It wasn't like "Oh this is unremarkable, they aren't special" it was more of a "good God this is disgusting!"

Seriously, if you order anything and it's inedible, ask for it to be taken off the bill. They understand that even better than some emails.

Can't do much at Chef Mickey's because it's one price for everything (you can ask for more frozen French toast sticks I suppose.) At resort QS these days they practically shamed me into mobile ordering, which I guess I understand, but it makes situations like this pretty difficult (especially when I haven't had my coffee).

A better solution would be for them to acquire the correct batter and make the waffles edible.

Mine had a completely different consistency, I couldn't even eat them. I'm usually not picky about waffles but these were gross. It wasn't like "Oh this is unremarkable, they aren't special" it was more of a "good God this is disgusting!"

It's not even close. I travel a fair amount and have eaten plenty of mediocre waffles. These are impressively terrible, in a manner that I can't even figure out how I'd reproduce on my own other than using something else besides waffle or pancake batter.

I don't doubt there was a difference that I couldn't discern, I just wonder why mine were completely fine on multiple occasions yet others seemed to not even be able to eat them.

Just curious, how do you know Disney uses the “just add water” mix? I ordered both kinds from their website (have never tried the just add water, so am giving it a try). Was planning on taking the original version and our mickey waffle maker to fort wilderness when we go next month, but it would be a lot easier to pack the just add water version when camping. I NEED to have Mickey waffles in Disney World. Will make them myself if I have to.

I've seen them literally adding water to the powder and mixing it up and then dumping it into a large vat. I can't remember where I was when I saw this.

Also, once someone posted here that a CM told them that the Mickey waffles are "egg free" which is definitely not true, but I can see why a CM would think that if they just add water to a powdered mix. The complete mix has powdered egg in it.

I don't doubt there was a difference that I couldn't discern, I just wonder why mine were completely fine on multiple occasions yet others seemed to not even be able to eat them.
Curious - Where did you get them? You're talking about the standard palm sized (maybe 4 inches diameter) mickey waffles right?

After everything that has happened in 2020 this is least of our worries.. What a bummer though. I hope it's temporary.. #2020SUCKS

Same thing happened to my family when they changed the chicken nuggets lol

After everything that has happened in 2020 this is least of our worries.

I know, added that caveat to my initial post since I knew someone would bring it up. I also cut them slack since reopening a behemoth operation like this is a massive challenge. Nevertheless, I opted to risk air travel twice and spend my money to visit, and they're serving terrible waffles, so I'd like them to fix that. Small things like this can make otherwise challenging times a little more bearable.

Once they bring back edible waffles, they can fix ROTR. :) But that's a topic for another thread.

I know, added that caveat to my initial post since I knew someone would bring it up. I also cut them slack since reopening a behemoth operation like this is a massive challenge. Nevertheless, I opted to risk air travel twice and spend my money to visit, and they're serving terrible waffles, so I'd like them to fix that. Small things like this can make otherwise challenging times a little more bearable.

Once they bring back edible waffles, they can fix ROTR. :) But that's a topic for another thread.

I agree... I was bummed reading this thread... I was like NOOOOO not the waffles now. Sent it to my husband and he was like "Thats ok we don't need the carbs anyway" LOL

Wait what? I just caught this.. What is wrong with ROTR? Sorry since my trip last Feb right before covid hit I have paid zero attention to Disney planning. Trying to get caught up on all the changes and issues :)

Maybe they have too many of the Mickey Waffle magnets and Mickey Waffle chew toys in stock and had to get rid of them? Seriously though, they better have this rectified before mid-October. If not, I will be sending it back, asking for a manager, and sending a strongly worded letter to Disney Guest Relations. #NotVacationWithoutMyMickeyWaffle

I figure they can't be any worse than the mix you buy at the grocery store. I AM still getting them when I arrive for my trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter