Mickey Waffles are BAD now!! šŸ™

If you gave the wait staff some ā€˜Golden Maltedā€™ would they be able to actually use it for you? I wonder, not that I could personally see myself doing this. I do have a can of it currently but sometimes we use it and sometimes we donā€™t. Personally when I eat a fresh and hot Mickey Waffle Iā€™m generally a happy camper either, or.

If you gave the wait staff some ā€˜Golden Maltedā€™ would they be able to actually use it for you? I wonder, not that I could personally see myself doing this. I do have a can of it currently but sometimes we use it and sometimes we donā€™t. Personally when I eat a fresh and hot Mickey Waffle Iā€™m generally a happy camper either, or.
they will not be able to use it as it has to be from the kitchen. would be like warming up brought in food

This is sad, but I'm not surprised. They do taste different. I got them on a recent trip and they probably would have been meh if not for the fact that mine were undercooked to the point that there were chunks of batter falling out of them. It wasn't a big deal at the time (and I think it was a rush hour honest mistake and a one-time thing) and I was fine after eating them (a little extra syrup never hurt anyone), but it was kind of a bummer. I'm not surprised to see the mix go if they're cutting stuff for revenue, but it stinks that we're still paying for a mediocre rendition. They're edible but nothing special. I'll probably still get them just because when I'm down there I want my Mickey waffles like some folks must get their favorite Disney snacks, but I hope the old ones will return sometime and I definitely won't be getting them as often.

I figure they can't be any worse than the mix you buy at the grocery store.
Oh yes they can. Trust me, they sunk beneath that level and then some.

If not, I will be sending it back, asking for a manager, and sending a strongly worded letter to Disney Guest Relations.
No reason to wait to write that letter! (I hope I'm wrong... Really..)

I got them on a recent trip and they probably would have been meh if not for the fact that mine were undercooked to the point that there were chunks of batter falling out of them
I really don't think it's waffle batter. I think they're substituting something else. I've been "exposed" to this new concoction 4 times now and they're all a weird consistency that really leads me to believe they're using some other mixture in the waffle irons. Maybe just plain flour and easy egg mix?? Who knows.

A warm mickey waffle from Sleepy Hollow with the strawberry/whipped cream topping on a cool winter night waiting for Happily Ever After is one of my favorite things ever so this makes me sad.

That is really too bad. Not sure how you can mess up a waffle, but it sounds like they found a way.
Hopefully, they correct it before we go back.

Vero Beach Mickey waffles, both kidsā€™ size and adult size, are perfection as of yesterday.
Maybe donā€™t order the salmon from the market, though.

I had them two weeks ago at the GF. They were like a dried out cake that was made with all the wrong ingredients, they just crumbled and fell apart, no crisp to the outside at all. It was almost like someone took a corn bread, cake, and hushpuppy recipe and tried to combine them into one, they were just horribly wrong. I should not have eaten them but I was too lazy to return them and get something else, now I wish I would have.

The dark chocolate waffle at Ale & Compass was still incredible.

Ale & Compass makes everything fresh in house, so it's safe there. We ate there 3 times in a week! This is probably the best place on property for breakfast currently (IMO).

I had them two weeks ago at the GF. They were like a dried out cake that was made with all the wrong ingredients, they just crumbled and fell apart, no crisp to the outside at all. It was almost like someone took a corn bread, cake, and hushpuppy recipe and tried to combine them into one, they were just horribly wrong. I should not have eaten them but I was too lazy to return them and get something else, now I wish I would have.

Pretty bad, right? They really should quit serving them. Just tell people they can't get the ingredients right now and offer other options. It's insulting to take people's money and hand over such a miserably gross waffle-shaped thing.

Mine had a completely different consistency, I couldn't even eat them. I'm usually not picky about waffles but these were gross. It wasn't like "Oh this is unremarkable, they aren't special" it was more of a "good God this is disgusting!"

Exactly this. I had them two weeks ago at Pop. There was no crispy outer and the entire consistency was weird. I hate syrup but I coated them in syrup just to get them down. Such a disappointment!

That was one of the things I was really missing when I kept thinking about my trip that had to be cancelled, especially the ones at Sleepy Hollow and Sanaa. Now I'm not feeling so miserable now.

personally, I've never been impressed by a Mickey Waffle. But if there now as bad as everyone is saying, I'd send those suckers back!
Yes, if their not up to standard and you are paying for them you should send them back to the kitchen and order something else. Sounds like someone determined this would be 'ok', to make this change assuming people would not notice or its a business calculation they are forced to make due to financials (not their choice at this time-but if no complaints it could become the new standard).

Here is how I am applying a silver lining to the reports of bad Mickey Waffles. WDW basically has every place we have breakfast at CLOSED so we can't get Mickey Waffles if we even wanted to, LOL!!! Looking at you Tusker House, Crystal Palace, (H&V and CRT for breakfast), etc....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts