Mickey's 90th Birthday

midnight star

DIS Veteran
Has anyone heard if the parks are doing anything special for Mickey's 90th birthday on 11/18? I checked online but I don't see anything. I know DL can sometimes be a little late adding entertainment to the calendar...

It falls on a Sunday..I don't normally go to the parks on Sundays, but if something special is being done for Mickey's birthday I would go!

Disneyland Resort in California will host a celebration cavalcade for Mickey Mouse on November 18, featuring some of his special friends and the Disneyland Band, starting at “it’s a small world” and pausing for a special moment at Sleeping Beauty Castle before continuing down Main Street, U.S.A., to Town Square. The party continues when World’s Biggest Mouse Party begins at Disneyland Resort in 2019.
From the Disney Parks Blog. Apparently that's all they've released about it so far :confused3

I know they got rid of the Buena Vista Bugle in DCA, didn't know they had the Resort Reporter in DL! Must find this now!

Kriss :tink:

Disneyland Resort in California will host a celebration cavalcade for Mickey Mouse on November 18, featuring some of his special friends and the Disneyland Band, starting at “it’s a small world” and pausing for a special moment at Sleeping Beauty Castle before continuing down Main Street, U.S.A., to Town Square. The party continues when World’s Biggest Mouse Party begins at Disneyland Resort in 2019.
From the Disney Parks Blog. Apparently that's all they've released about it so far :confused3
Interesting...so they will continue the bday stuff through 2019..when SWGE opens?? Weird..isn't that adding more crowds? lol

Thanks for the link! I'll most likely go! Don't want to miss any fun surprises.

...........and you can celebrate by shopping thru the produce section of the grocery store.....Dole Bananas have a steamboat willie sticker with the the phrase " 90 years of Mickey" powering the hero within".....thru out the summer Dole on their lettuce bags had Mickey Mouse on the plastic packaging ...so Dole has a license to promote Mickey

Does anyone know how long the 90th birthday treats will be around? I just saw on the Disney Parks Blog Insta the new snacks, and there's a few very cute and yummy looking treats I hope will be there come March!

I saw the blog post about the Mickey Birthday sipper!! I must get it!!! I’m for sure going Sunday lol

Does anyone know how long the 90th birthday treats will be around? I just saw on the Disney Parks Blog Insta the new snacks, and there's a few very cute and yummy looking treats I hope will be there come March!

Looks like the treats are only going to be offered this Saturday and Sunday.

This looks cool! We will be arriving Sunday but not going to the parks; glad that there is at least some stuff available in the resorts and Downtown.

For anyone looking for special merchandise: AP pin (the large one) was sold out resort wide, but there were still a few of the small pins available at Westward Ho and Store Command. Tees, plush, and other 90th merchandise were available at the Emporium on one display. Celebrate Mickey merchandise was at Disneyana.

Last edited:
Guys, I checked out the special birthday Mickey/Minnie kitchen sink ice cream offering yesterday. Omg it looked amazing! I soooooo wish someone else was with me other than my almost 4 year old and I would have totally gotten it. It’s HUGE and filled with yummy goodies. The people I chatted with said it was GOOD! Looks like three or four people would share it happily ($15).

If you want a sipper be prepared. The line is longer then the rides. The red rose tavern is back by the the castle.

If you want a sipper be prepared. The line is longer then the rides. The red rose tavern is back by the the castle.
Yep! The lines for the sipper are crazy! I thankfully made it to Jolly Holiday very early and got one with a 10 minute wait after they opened.

They are at
Jolly Holiday: end of the line is near Penny Arcade
Red Rose: end of line is to the castle
Galactic Grill: couldn’t tell, but it wraps a little bit
Hungry Bear will also have a full stock at 11am when they open

Yep! The lines for the sipper are crazy! I thankfully made it to Jolly Holiday very early and got one with a 10 minute wait after they opened.

They are at
Jolly Holiday: end of the line is near Penny Arcade
Red Rose: end of line is to the castle
Galactic Grill: couldn’t tell, but it wraps a little bit
Hungry Bear will also have a full stock at 11am when they open
There is also stock in dca. Currently at the fruit carts on Buena vista street and in Hollywood land. Pacific wharf and smokejumpers will have them when they open at 10:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!