Mickeys BBQ

Momma Bear

Earning My Ears
Hi. We'll be at FW from 5/1 to 5/6. I really wanted reservations for Mickey's BY BBQ, but they only have it on Thursday nights and it is sold out:( Does anyone know if you can just show up and hope for a no show? Or do you have to reserve with a credit card, and therefore no no-shows?

I can only do this if we're very likely to get in, because I ended up booking HDD for that night, just because we really wanted to do one of the two. So, I'd have to cancel HDD 48 hours ahead. I'm sure HDD will be awesome, but we have 3 y/o twin boys and just thought they'd like Mickey's BBQ a little better.

I don't get why there seems to be so little going on this time of year, yet many of the resorts were sold out! No fireworks for the 1st 10 days in May, no e-nights, no evening parades, and cut back showtimes...

Not much magic kingdom stuff @ night at that time because it's Gradnite time...
they take 2 or 3 fridays AND saturdays - close the kingdom down early and let high school seniors in from 8pm til 3 or 4 am...
they have all sorts of concerts and stuff for them..
..but anyways..they have to get the park empty to have gradnite...that's why...

Thanks for the info on grad nights. That explains why the MK isn't open late at least one night for fireworks. Does anyone know if they do fireworks during grad night? I know we couldn't watch from the MK, but could from FW docks...

Just an aside - If you have your own transportation, I'd go over to the Poly to view the fireworks from their beach if at all possible -

Also, I'd keep calling for the BBQ, maybe they'll have cancellations. You should really enjoy Hoop Dee Doo though. My DD is 8 and thinks it's hilarious! (We have gone every year since she was 4)

Finally, the fireworks schedule changes right up to the end. Hopefully they'll add one on for your stay if bookings are up (which it sounds like from your posting)

Whatever you do, have fun!!

I believe you do have to reserve the BBQ with a credit card but I would keep trying. People are always changing their mind right up until it's possible to cancel. Find out what the cut off is and keep checking until then.
Don't forget about the electric water pageant that you will be able to see from Ft Wilderness. To me, it's better than the fireworks!

Try going to EPCOT for Illuminations or MGM for FAntasmic. They are much better fireworks show than MK.

Watch for the Water parade that comes past all the resorts on the seven seas.

Sounds like a new thread/poll to me, Mareka - can't agree about the fireworks. There is something so "magical" about the fireworks over Cinderella's castle. Wouldn't miss it on any trip. It is the ultimate WDW experience for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter