Mickey's Christmas Party and buying multiple tickets

Surgie2

DIS Veteran
I have a MDE account. I plan to buy all my 11 family members a ticket to one of the Christmas parties in November. Hopefully doing this as a surprise. Do I need to put all of their names in my MDE account in order to make this purchase? Then can they create a MDE account for each of their families to make reservations for other things they want? Would I then transfer the party tickets to their accounts down the road? We haven't been since 2018 so I'm relearning it ALL! At least I was able to get into my MDE account!

I was just playing around with the site for some of the other special events that are currently on sale to see what you need to do to check out the issues you may run into.

It looks like you can only book 10 tickets at a time so you would need to place 2 orders to get all 11 tickets. I'm not sure if you went by phone if you'd have better luck and be able to buy 11 tickets.

You do need to select a guest for each ticket when you buy them online. There's two possible workarounds I can think of for this one is you could create them in your MDE account under your name and then later send them an invite to plan that would link the account they create to your account and the tickets would link.

Another option, it looks like there is the ability to mark orders as gifts which allows you to just put down one first and last name and email address. It looks like you can buy and put in your first and last name as the gift name and delivery info. The only drawback here is you need to pick up the tickets at will call, which would slow down entry but if you aren't going on your first day you could find some time on your trip.

Hopefully, someone here has more personal experience and can help.

Thank you so much for this advice! Actually I could have my husband create a MDE account and spread the 11 tickets across both accounts.

I’m so afraid this is going to be like booking BBB and if I’m not online when immediately available we’ll miss out.

Ok I just checked and all 11 of us are listed in my MDE account and have. Even since 2018. The software has updated everyone’s age. So we are all already there but the issue will be not being able to book all 11 of us at once.

I think you should be okay buying tickets for the Christmas party although they sell out, it isn't usually instantly like some of those other reservations. So you probably have time to buy 1 group and return and buy the second group. I think you'd be able to book them all through your account, just not all in one shot.

Also of note if you assign them the ticket I don't think it alerts them that you did so as far as keeping it a surprise. They'd have to be going in and checking their tickets to see it.

JodyK - thank you for helping me with this. I have subscribed to a couple different sites to get an alert when tickets go on sale but are parties usually announced on DISBoards as well?

Actually another site has announced the sale date as July 6, 2023 but I have no idea if this is accurate or not.

@Surgie2 I hadn't seen they announced the date to announce the dates but I do feel like they usually do it around a Christmas in July type thing. There will deff be a lot of people talking about it on Disboards. I'm actually surprised there isn't already a longer thread about it because there is one for MNSSHP 2023.

I did some googling and it looks like last year the dates and all came out the last week of June and tickets went on sale July 7th so I think it will be in a similar range, could be where that site is pulling from / guessing based on last years schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter