Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

One more question: historically, what are Park hours on Monday the 29th (Oct)? I can’t find Park hours on the website yet. I might be able to change our flights to switch from Friday to Monday

One more question: historically, what are Park hours on Monday the 29th (Oct)? I can’t find Park hours on the website yet. I might be able to change our flights to switch from Friday to Monday
There is a party that night so Disneyland will open at either 8 or 9 and then close at 6 for the 6-11pm party. Dca will be open 8 or 9 am till probably 8 or 9 pm.

There is a party that night so Disneyland will open at either 8 or 9 and then close at 6 for the 6-11pm party. Dca will be open 8 or 9 am till probably 8 or 9 pm.

So best case scenario, we're looking at entering at 4 and having until 11? That's not awful. I thought they'd close much earlier on a Mon, even though it's a party night.

Did anyone else notice that they don't list the Halloween parade during the entertainment schedule? I thought it was weird and maybe they weren't offering it this year, however they advertise it on the official party page. Maybe it was an over site?
I cannot imagine them ever getting rid of the parade. I'm pretty sure their promos include photos of the Headless Horseman still, so surely he's leading the parade again as well.

The Halloween Party info page on the Disneyland website says that the Headless Horseman will be leading the Frightfully Fun Parade so the parade is definitely happening.

I cannot imagine them ever getting rid of the parade. I'm pretty sure their promos include photos of the Headless Horseman still, so surely he's leading the parade again as well.

The Halloween Party info page on the Disneyland website says that the Headless Horseman will be leading the Frightfully Fun Parade so the parade is definitely happening.

That's what I thought too. It must have just been an oversight on their events calendar then.

That's what I thought too. It must have just been an oversight on their events calendar then.
They are also having that Blue Bayou dinner package that gives people a parade viewing area..so I'm pretty sure it is happening

Maybe too early, but does anyone know if the characters will be in different outfits than last year? I'm really hoping to see Donald as a vampire or devil... oddly specific request, I know, but it would make my partners Halloween perfect

Maybe too early, but does anyone know if the characters will be in different outfits than last year? I'm really hoping to see Donald as a vampire or devil... oddly specific request, I know, but it would make my partners Halloween perfect

To piggy back on that, are all regular characters available during the party in addition to the villains? Princesses?

Thanks!

Last year we were there November 2nd and 3rd. On the 2nd SM was still shut (it closed the 1st too) but it was open the 3rd back to regular. It was pretty cool watching the transformation from Halloween to Christmas happening each day.
Ok good to know. We will be there for 4 days but only one day in October so we will definitely rife GG.

So best case scenario, we're looking at entering at 4 and having until 11? That's not awful. I thought they'd close much earlier on a Mon, even though it's a party night.

If MHP starts at 6 pm, you'll be able to enter at 3 pm and stay until 11 pm. So give yourself one more hour in DL!

To piggy back on that, are all regular characters available during the party in addition to the villains? Princesses?

Thanks!

Yes, the classic fuzzies meet at Toontown before the party in costume. My kids loved it. Just be ready to choose your favorite character quickly. They change out the characters so by the time you get to the front it could be someone else unless you are at the front.

We didn’t see any princesses but then I don’t remember seeing any villians so we may just have missed them. My DD hates villains and wasn’t pleased with how many were in the parade. I can’t remember if the princesses were even in the parade or if it was just villains.

Yes, the classic fuzzies meet at Toontown before the party in costume. My kids loved it. Just be ready to choose your favorite character quickly. They change out the characters so by the time you get to the front it could be someone else unless you are at the front.

We didn’t see any princesses but then I don’t remember seeing any villians so we may just have missed them. My DD hates villains and wasn’t pleased with how many were in the parade. I can’t remember if the princesses were even in the parade or if it was just villains.
The princesses meet at Fantasy Faire for at least awhile, IIRC.

The princesses meet at Fantasy Faire for at least awhile, IIRC.

Yes, they are there pretty much all party. Royal Theater. They are on break during the parade/fireworks. In 2016 there were 2 sets of 2 princesses meeting and you got to choose which set you met.

Last edited:
Are the cast members pretty strict about entrance time? If I got there between 3:30 & 3:45, would they let me in, or will I have to wait till 4?

Are the cast members pretty strict about entrance time? If I got there between 3:30 & 3:45, would they let me in, or will I have to wait till 4?

If you will be there on a day when MHP starts at 7 pm, then CMs will hold the line at the special event turnstiles until the early entry hours begin at 4 pm. If you are first in line, you might get lucky and be allowed in a few minutes early, but if the ticket states early entry starts at 4 pm, then 4 pm it is. If you need to be inside DL earlier than that, you'll need to buy a regular ticket.

Last edited:
If you will be there on a day when MHP starts at 7 pm, then CMs will hold the line at the special event turnstiles until the early entry hours begin at 4 pm. If you are first in line, you might get lucky and be allowed in a few minutes early, but if the ticket states early entry starts at 4 pm, then 4 pm it is. If you need to be inside DL earlier than that, you'll need to buy a regular ticket.

Ooooh, did not realize there was a separate entrance. That makes so much more sense. Do they have the same line for California Adventure?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooh, did not realize there was a separate entrance. That makes so much more sense. Do they have the same line for California Adventure?

Since MHP is only in DL, there is no need for separate turnstiles at DCA. Party guests can use the regular turnstiles at DCA for entry because the MHP tickets will scan like regular park hopper tickets there. Entry at DCA will start once the early entry hours start on your given party day, either 3 pm or 4 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter