Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Winchester24

Mouseketeer
Hi there! Not sure if I should be posting this here or in the honeymoon board, but here goes. My fiance and I are going to be honeymooning this October in WDW. This is our first trip to WDW as a couple! We are big Halloween lovers and so excited to see the park all dressed up for the holiday, and we are thinking of doing the MNSSHP. Is it worth it as adults without children? The price isn't bad, but could be used towards a special tour or dinner so I'm interested in hearing how other couples felt about it. We would like to see the parade and are really curious about the special photo ops, merchandise, decor, if they do anything special with the Haunted Mansion etc, but not in character meet & greets or trick or treat. I would also love to hear if any of the resorts do anything special to celebrate during October. We are staying at Ft. Wilderness and know they decorate and have a parade, do any other resorts get into the spirit? TIA!

Hi there! Not sure if I should be posting this here or in the honeymoon board, but here goes. My fiance and I are going to be honeymooning this October in WDW. This is our first trip to WDW as a couple! We are big Halloween lovers and so excited to see the park all dressed up for the holiday, and we are thinking of doing the MNSSHP. Is it worth it as adults without children? The price isn't bad, but could be used towards a special tour or dinner so I'm interested in hearing how other couples felt about it. We would like to see the parade and are really curious about the special photo ops, merchandise, decor, if they do anything special with the Haunted Mansion etc, but not in character meet & greets or trick or treat. I would also love to hear if any of the resorts do anything special to celebrate during October. We are staying at Ft. Wilderness and know they decorate and have a parade, do any other resorts get into the spirit? TIA!

If you are "Halloween People" then yes, absolutely do MNSSHP. You will love it. The parade is great and so are the fireworks. The Haunted Mansion CMs are done up in ghostly makeup and the characters out front, Carlotta and Renatta, will interact with guests. You can get a ton of candy too, and they give out the good stuff. Plus most rides will be walk-on all night, though the reason for that is people in long lines for the character meets, so if you want to do those then your ride time will be shortened. I do highly recommend it.

If you are "Halloween People" then yes, absolutely do MNSSHP. You will love it. The parade is great and so are the fireworks. The Haunted Mansion CMs are done up in ghostly makeup and the characters out front, Carlotta and Renatta, will interact with guests. You can get a ton of candy too, and they give out the good stuff. Plus most rides will be walk-on all night, though the reason for that is people in long lines for the character meets, so if you want to do those then your ride time will be shortened. I do highly recommend it.
Thank you so much! I love your avatar btw! I would love to see the cast members dressed up at the Haunted Mansion, it's my favorite ride and I plan on making a mad dash for it the second we are checked into the resort. I'm so excited!

Thank you so much! I love your avatar btw! I would love to see the cast members dressed up at the Haunted Mansion, it's my favorite ride and I plan on making a mad dash for it the second we are checked into the resort. I'm so excited!

I believe that The Haunted Mansion is the greatest achievement in human history. It is my favorite too.

They don't do much different for the party, but the CMs put on makeup and I mentioned the characters out on the lawn. There is also a magic shot with the carriage where the ghost horse and driver can be seen, and also one with the Hitchhiking Ghosts.

Also, something you may be very interested in is the Spirit Photography in the Memento Mori gift shop. They will make you a lenticular portrait where you change into ghostly form. They are very cool and they sell Haunted Mansion themed frames as well. That takes a little time to do, so I would try to do it outside of the MNSSHP so you don't spend precious party time on it. HM and the like do get popular at the party, but the waits are still not that bad.

DH and I are honeymooning is September and just bought our tickets for MNSSHP for the 23rd. Our kids are 16 and up and not coming with us. We had planned to go to MK on the 23rd and when the party dates were released it fit in our plans. Disney is for all ages and being an adult without kids shouldn’t stop you from doing what’s fun for you (with the exception of Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boutique- I wish they had that for grownup too)

Where do you find the prices for the party? I can't find anything and want to purchase them....

They were just released:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...ween-christmas-parties-at-magic-kingdom-park/

I think you have to call right now to reserve.

ETA: I see that the prices aren't specific for each party. If you call they can tell you. They typically get a little more expensive the closer to Halloween it is.
I believe that The Haunted Mansion is the greatest achievement in human history. It is my favorite too.

They don't do much different for the party, but the CMs put on makeup and I mentioned the characters out on the lawn. There is also a magic shot with the carriage where the ghost horse and driver can be seen, and also one with the Hitchhiking Ghosts.

Also, something you may be very interested in is the Spirit Photography in the Memento Mori gift shop. They will make you a lenticular portrait where you change into ghostly form. They are very cool and they sell Haunted Mansion themed frames as well. That takes a little time to do, so I would try to do it outside of the MNSSHP so you don't spend precious party time on it. HM and the like do get popular at the party, but the waits are still not that bad.
This all sounds amazing thank you! I am going to call today and try to reserve. It's so tough trying to plan our days around dining reservations and special events, I don't know how people do it! I'm probably cramming too much in, but I can't pass up a chance to celebrate Halloween at Disney, especially Halloween at the Haunted Mansion. I am totally in agreement with you about HM being the greatest human achievement, I am obsessed! I decorate our yard and house every year for Halloween and use HM as my inspiration.

This all sounds amazing thank you! I am going to call today and try to reserve. It's so tough trying to plan our days around dining reservations and special events, I don't know how people do it! I'm probably cramming too much in, but I can't pass up a chance to celebrate Halloween at Disney, especially Halloween at the Haunted Mansion. I am totally in agreement with you about HM being the greatest human achievement, I am obsessed! I decorate our yard and house every year for Halloween and use HM as my inspiration.

Don't forget to wear costumes. MNSSHP is one of the only times adults are allowed to wear costumes. Be warned though, it can be very hot so keep that in mind when choosing what to wear. You'll have a great time!

Don't forget to wear costumes. MNSSHP is one of the only times adults are allowed to wear costumes. Be warned though, it can be very hot so keep that in mind when choosing what to wear. You'll have a great time!
We just booked our tickets! Woo hooooooo!

You're going to have a great time! I've only ever gone to MNSSHP solo or with other adults, and I've always absolutely adored it. Be warned that the time flies right by -- if you don't have a regular park ticket for that day, I believe the party ticket will get you in starting at 4:00 or 5:00 even though the festivities officially start later. It's probably best to decide (at least in a general sense) what you want out of the evening before you go. Last time I went we didn't do any character meets at all on party night, and the time still disappeared on us while we were watching the castle stage show, the fireworks, the parade, etc. You can get some really rare character meets at the party, but as others mentioned the character lines can be quite long, so you'll have to decide what's most important to you.

The big thing for me, is that Boo to You is my favorite parade in WDW.

Anyone know the regular prices for Oct 11, 18, and 19th? These are the three dates I am choosing from. Have other plans for the 12-16th.

You're going to have a great time! I've only ever gone to MNSSHP solo or with other adults, and I've always absolutely adored it. Be warned that the time flies right by -- if you don't have a regular park ticket for that day, I believe the party ticket will get you in starting at 4:00 or 5:00 even though the festivities officially start later. It's probably best to decide (at least in a general sense) what you want out of the evening before you go. Last time I went we didn't do any character meets at all on party night, and the time still disappeared on us while we were watching the castle stage show, the fireworks, the parade, etc. You can get some really rare character meets at the party, but as others mentioned the character lines can be quite long, so you'll have to decide what's most important to you.

The big thing for me, is that Boo to You is my favorite parade in WDW.

It is 4pm that they will let you in, and there is a separate entrance. I had a party ticket last year I had to give to a friend due to something coming up. Also, if you need to change your party date, call as soon as you know, and they will do it over the phone, for just the difference in cost.

Anyone know the regular prices for Oct 11, 18, and 19th? These are the three dates I am choosing from. Have other plans for the 12-16th.
We are going that week. Price was $100 per adult plus tax. Not sure of prices for kids. A little steeper than I wanted to spend, but it's not everyday we get to hang at the Magic Kingdom for Halloween! That's what I told myself after the shock wore off. lol. Prices are lower in Sept, and the CM I spoke to said they go up even higher starting on the 19th. :eek:

We are going that week. Price was $100 per adult plus tax. Not sure of prices for kids. A little steeper than I wanted to spend, but it's not everyday we get to hang at the Magic Kingdom for Halloween! That's what I told myself after the shock wore off. lol. Prices are lower in Sept, and the CM I spoke to said they go up even higher starting on the 19th. :eek:

Thanks. I am going alone. I booked a Carnival Cruise out of Miami around the Food & Wine Festival and MNSSHP specifically to do both. Missed out last year due to a last minute change of plans, so making up for it this year.

Dh and I don't have children and will be making our 3rd mnsshp visit in September. It's great fun and we enjoy dressing up for the evening. This Year our trip is to celebrate both of our 30th birthdays and our wedding anniversary but we would rather spend money on mnsshp tickets than a fancy meal at a signature restaurant but that's just the big kid in us taking over!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter