Mickey's Trick or Treat Party

UtahDisneyFan

Earning My Ears
We just got annual passes on our last trip in April!!!! Now I want to take my kids (6 and 4) to the trick or treat party in October. I was wondering when they start to sell the tickets and which week is the best time to go. I know to stay away from UEA. Also, what days do they offer the trick or treat party? Weekdays? or just Weekends? Thanks so much for any help.

For AP holders the tickets went on sale sometime in May last year, general sale started on August 1.

I think the parties are on the weekends plus Thursday and Friday, but someone will know more exact than me. I went the week of Halloween last year and that week was not going by the regular schedule for the other weeks as far as I remember.

We go every year and usually on a Wednesday, to avoid the crowds. If I recall they don't have the parties on Saturdays, just Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays... I think! :scratchin:

Wednesdays, the party starts at 6pm and ends at 11pm, which is fine with us. That's more than enough time to hit all the treat stations and ride our favorites. :thumbsup2

Tickets usually go on sale by May 1st for AP holders- so I'm a bit concerned why they haven't?? :confused3

ETA: Tickets are on sale starting May 15th!

Advanced Purchase Ticket Prices
$26 Special Passholder Discount for These Dates: October 2, 8, 15, 21, 22, 28
$32 Regular Admission Price for These Dates: October 9, 16, 23, 29

Day-of-Event Ticket Prices
$39 If Purchased and Used on These Dates: October 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29
$42 If Purchased and Used on These Dates: October 30 and 31

I just have a question for the trick or treat party so it is going to be a all adult going and was wondering can us adults go and dress up and go to the party and what not? cause we have never went. and thanks for the info as well for the dates in advance thats cool :)

I just have a question for the trick or treat party so it is going to be a all adult going and was wondering can us adults go and dress up and go to the party and what not? cause we have never went. and thanks for the info as well for the dates in advance thats cool :)

Adults can dress up but you have to follow the guidelines they have for costumes. And you can ONLY go to DCA dressed up, DL will not allow anyone over the age of 12 to dress up.

There are restrooms and lockers outside of Disneyland. You could wear part of your costume if it was not really a costume like slacks, tights, and shoes. It would not be that hard to leave Disneyland half an hour before the event, stop at the lockers, and then go into the restroom to change.

I am thinking about going on the 23rd as the next day is my birthday and United Nations Day. At least I get a special day, lol. I would off course take Calvin with me.

The event is open to all ages by the way but it seems the adults are really the kids at the events.

Thanks for all the info. I bought our tickets for the 22nd. I'm so exicted. Now I just have to decide on costumes.

Are most of the rides open for this event or just select ones? We are looking to be there Oct 8-11 and trying to figure out if we should do this party.

Now I am sitting with mom watching lots of kids movies and thinking of how a certain character would make a good costume. 5 months and if not I can go as a tourist.:lmao:

http://www.anniescostumes.com/delplus.htm
I love the saloon girl but prefer the long dress to hide pants under like the Victorian dress. Way too expensive for one night though.

http://www.anniescostumes.com/icc5017.jpg
I would so love to wear this but again too much for me.

We are making a trip from Utah too. We will be there the week before you UtahDisneyFan and are planning on the Trick or Treat while we are there.

Have a great time, are you driving?

Yes we are driving. I have been watching airfares and Southwest had some really cheap fairs for a little bit, but we couldn't afford to purchase tickets before the sale ended.

We decided to rent a minivan for the trip to give our kids some more space for the drive (and so we don't have to worry about wear and tear or breakdowns with are cars that are getting a little older and worn out).

We used our Costco membership to get a 15% discount off of a weekly minivan rate with Enterprise and booked through a local rental center just a few miles away from home. The total came to about 300 with taxes and fees included. (Its our first time renting, we think its a pretty good deal, but have nothing to compare it too)

When we have made the drive in the past we try to leave just in time to beat the afternoon rush hour traffic and then drive all the way through (we have family pretty close to DL and we can get several hours sleep before heading to the park).

If we don't get started as early as we would like or can tell that we are too tired to drive all night we will book a room on Hotwire in Vegas for about 25.00 and stop there. Then we get up early enough to be out of there before morning traffic picks up and then drive straight to the hotel or park.

We usually stop in Primm on the way down, I made a countdown calendar yesterday, I haven't told the kids yet, I don't want them asking me every minute when we are leaving to see Mickey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter