mickey's Xmas party-kids too small?

sharonb

Earning My Ears
This will be our first trip to disney-our kids will be 5, 3 and 1. What have your experiences been as far as kids those ages enjoying it vs. being too worn out/too late etc. We are trying not to make this first trip too busy and rushed ( and I am still selling DH on how great this trip is going to be), but I LOVE Christmas. We will be there Dec 8-12. Any opinions?

Not only does the answer depend on the child but it is almost impossible to predict.

Sometimes my kids are so excited that they will poop out for a nap and be good to go after dinner. Sometimes they are too excited to nap, make it all the way through dinner, then poop out right after dinner.

I've bought tickets for two nights in case they aren't up for it one of the nights. We'll still go but there is a chance they will fall asleep in the stroller.

When we were there in december, I thought that I would wait to see how kids felt before purchasing tickets. One of the days it rained so hard they cancelled it and the other day my kids were crabby & tired & so we went back to resort for dinner & bed. I would definitely go next time since my kids are older now because I am dying to see it. If you are dead set on going, can you plan a day where kids sleep in & take & nap & so are ready to go at night. Then plan to sleep in the next day. WDW is so great at Christmas anyways that you really get a great Christmas fix even without going to party.

I, of course, as a MVMCP lover, would say go for it! It's magical and so much fun!

My younger DD has been going since she was 1 years old. We've always stayed till after the second parade. Granted my younger DD has only made it to see that parade once, when she was 2 years old. My older DD has gone ages, 4, 5, 6, 7 and she's been awake for that last parade every year except age 6 because she was very sick that night...I think she got the Norwalk virus. :eek:

If you can get naps into the two little ones and bring or rent a stroller, I think you'll have a GREAT time!

You can always play it by ear and buy tickets when you get down there...I believe only some Fridays sell out.

My DD who was five at the time slept during the parade while her two year old brother and seven year old sister cheered their little heads off. Of course, the sleeper was the only one who wanted to do anything the next day. I love MVMCP and since last year we got in at 4, you could probably still see a lot and do a lot even if you leave by 9.

As a parent of a 5, 3, and 1 year old I say go for it. We go twice each year. Last year our kids were 5, 2, and 3 mo at the time. We never make it to the end, but we still have a great time. The kids enjoy the shows, parades and rides, not to mention snow on Main Street, until they fall asleep in the strollers, and then we enjoy the atmosphere and a ride or two for a while longer before we call it a night. We feel it is definitely a worthwhile experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter