Mid-day break

To me it always seem like more trouble than it is worth to leave the park and go back later. I'd rather stay as long as we can and then get a good night's sleep.

We have usually always gone back to the resort mid afternoon to take a break and then we always hopped to another park or went back to the same park or Disney Springs for the evening. If there is still no park hopping and/or shorter hours next May when we go again, we will definitely be going opening to closing and take a break by hanging out at a restaurant or bar for a bit. We can relax all we want in the evening.
Even if we stayed at an Epcot resort, we dont want to waste the time even to walk back from HS as it would still be probably 2 hours away from the park. But it is of course an individual decision. We are high energy, so switching park time from open to close wouldn't bother us at all.

I just got back. I took a break every day. Back to the hotel to cool off, dry off, hydrate, spend time at the pool, etc. One day I fell asleep by the pool during my break.

Epcot Day (first day) I left once to get ice cream at B&C (at around 12:30) and again to check out my room (at around 3:30pm). I still returned to Epcot and closed the park.

On my DHS day I left twice. Once to take the Skyliner to Riviera for lunch, and again back to my room. DHS was just that crowded, I needed a break and someplace cool to sit down for a while. I came back to DHS and left the park 55 minutes after closing.

On both MK days I took the monorail back to my room at around 2:00, drank some water, hit the pool, took a shower, checked email, and returned to the park around 4:00. This schedule missed the busiest and hottest part of the day and I found shorter ride waits late in the day.

My vacation goal was to relax at a nice resort and have some good meals. I ended up spending too much time chasing after rides and standing in lines.

In the past we always booked a table service meal for lunch or early dinner as a mid-day (sometime 2-5pm) break. It always worked very well to have 1-2 hours to relax inside, before heading back out into the parks. Not sure about now. If you are at a skyliner resort you definitely could go back easily.

They have added hours for our next trip so we are definitely doing a midday break one day because we are YC and my boys want to hit the pool. Not sure about any of the other days.

We normally always take a break. But, we usually return close to when parks are closing now. So, we wont' on this trip. Like twinmom13 said, we will use table service for a break.
I will rent a scooter if my old body gets too tired

With the shorter park hours I wouldn't.

Either rope drop and leave before the park closes or go later and stay til park close.

We normally do take mid-day breaks, but I'm not planning on it for our trip in a few weeks. We'll want to maximize our time in the parks since park hours are shorter, we won't be parking hopping, and we're only doing each park once. We do have TS lunch ADRs booked which will act as our mid-day break. We also don't need to stay until park close. If we finish everything we want to do early and there's still a few hours left in the day, we don't necessarily feel we have to stay. We're fine with leaving when we've done what we wanted.

On a DHS day, I agree that taking a Skyliner ride would be ideal if you're wanting to get out of the parks for a bit. Its fast enough. I would not rely on the buses though, or would opt to take Uber/Lyft to save time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter