Midwest Dismeet 2018

Glad to see and hear all had a good time and trust everyone made it home safe. Love hearing that this intrepid band of Disney campers has plans to go forth and explore new locations.

Thanks for adding more details and photos on the trip, Jim. Harvest is always mid Sept through end of October for us for the actual harvesting of the crops. Field work starts about 24 hours after that and runs to Thanksgiving.

Harvest is always mid Sept through end of October for us for the actual harvesting of the crops. Field work starts about 24 hours after that and runs to Thanksgiving.
I thought Fall was a busy time for you.

How does August sound to everyone? Other than being hot, we should still have time to get reservations together.

j

August works for us. Most anytime. Again, thank you for organizing our next meet. Everyone stay cool this weekend and upcoming week. Hot and humid and upper 90’s.

We are going to try to get away the last week in August for a trip out west. This may or may not include the Farm Progress show in Iowa in August 28-30. I will keep an eye on this thread and see what you all come up with.

Great job, glad everyone had a good time. Maybe some day I will get adventurous and organize a Gettysburg Dis meet.

So glad U all had fun. Hopefully y’all can meet in May @ Gulf Shores. I am sure you have heard we are trying a get together @ The Fort 2019 or 2020. Hope to meet someone with our trip to the Fort in Nov/Dec 2018.

Hopefully y’all can meet in May @ Gulf Shores. I am sure you have heard we are trying a get together @ The Fort 2019 or 2020.
We will definitely see you at GSP next year. We already have site 2 booked. If you are back on site 3, we will be next door. FortMeet in 2020 is very possible for us. Just waiting for dates to be decided... And the 499 day reservations to open up. :D

j

We also are looking forward to be part of the Fort 2020 DisMeet. And, anything in between!! We finally found a Double 12/15 Domino set so we can continue to master our skills of Mexican Train. Have a great holiday week/weekend. We have an outdoor wedding on Saturday. YIKES, so much for air conditioning. Barb & Bill

Any thoughts floating around about an August Midwest Dismeet II?

I was trying to find something centrally located. I have never been to the state park, but Clinton Lake State Park looks nice. 277 sites, reservable, some on the lake. It is about midway between Joe and I and a little farther for Barb and Bill. It is walking distance from Melissa though, so this may be a good option if she is in the middle of harvest or other farm work. August 18-19 weekend is best for me. I may be going to Verona (Madison, WI) the last week of August, right before we head to the Fort. Early in the month (8th) is DW's birthday and I'm not sure what she has planned.

Right now, it looks like there are plenty of sites available.

j

Could probably do August 18-19. DD 21st birthday is the 17th, and although she 's not much of a makin' a big to do of it kind girl, she did express interest in going with if boy friend could come along.
So let's see what Barb & Bill/Melissa's input is :thumbsup2

We would be able to make this trip. Just finished 3rd crop hay, so on target for a weekend get away. I checked Clinton Lake State Park and it looks nice. So, should we begin our reservations? The weather here is hot and humid, although Jim, I think you will get the worst of this system. Our GC are taking 7 Milking dairy cows to our local County Fair today, with the dairy judging tonight and tomorrow. No matter how they do in the judges eyes, when you train a wild animal to lead with a halter, you are all winners! We are heading up to Hayward Wi to go UTV riding with five other couples on July 29, for five days. Finally get to haul our Polaris Ranger in the toy hauler. Hope everyone’s summer is going great.

Sounds good. Let me check into sites. Some loops are alcohol free and sites are intermixed with 30 amp and 50 amp within the same loops. There are also full hookup sites available, but they may be in the alcohol free loops. I'll post something up tonight with recommendations. I'll assume in August, we all want 50 amp service.

j

Here's what I see. At this point, there are no full hook up 50 amp sites available. There are 50 amp, no water or sewer though, so just like Thomson Causeway. The campground has 11 loops, A-K. Loops H, I, J, and K are alcohol free. Right now, loop A, sites 1-7 are 50 amp and are all open. None appear to have great shade, but none of the loops do on Google maps. All the sites are listed as 20 ft long, max vehicle 40ft, but on the map, there are some that are clearly longer. There is a swimming area, bait shop and restaurant. Pets are allowed, so Ian can come. :D

Links to the park

Loop A Google map.

Campground map

Reserve America link to Clinton Lake

I just booked site 6 for Friday August 17-19. The ones at that end seemed to be a little longer.

Hope to see everyone there.

j

Hello all. Clinton is literally 30 minutes from me! We are leaving this Tuesday for a small 4 day camp trip and again the end of August for a medium week trip out west. We likely won’t be camping at Clinton, but will come over for a potluck meet and greet if that’s ok. I love seeing your photos of the last trip and if we had been there the photo would have looked a whole lot less peaceful, cause I have little monsters you know. Barb, that’s awesome on the 3rd cut, we have has so much rain here it’s boarderline depressing trying to bail up quality hay and straw. Good luck to your grandchild in the fair. Grace just showed for the first time in at our country fair this past week. She actually showed in Clinton now that the three counties have combined livestock showing. She showed her rabbit and gained first place in her class.

Congrats to Grace on the blue ribbon.

I was hoping Clinton Lake was close enough that you could swing by if things were busy at the farm. I don't see that anyone else has committed yet, but Donna and I will be there. We enjoy checking out new places to go. Especially ones within a few hours of home.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!