Military Discount on rooms 2020.

fly girl

DIS Veteran
Just curious if anyone who was able to rebook was able to receive a military discount.

We had April cancel, June cancel, was lucky to reschedule for August but military rate was not open then. I called to check as they recently allowed 2020 bookings again, and had one of the oddest conversations with a CM. He said no there wasn't, then looked and saw a code, then told me the DVC I was staying in didn't have the discount and when I asked if he could check different resorts he replied, "not many are open what do you want me to do?" Uh... check to see if any of the open resorts have discounts? I asked for Contemporary since he wouldn't check unless I specifically asked for a resort and no, it wasn't.

I am considering calling back to get a different (and friendlier) CM to help, but don't want to waste their time either.

Anyone have any luck?

I had noticed the military discount on hotels was off the website and my TA said they aren't offering any military discounts at all right now. We booked ours a few months ago and are due to go to AKL. I want to modify our stay but am concerned we'd have to pay rack rate vs. military rate for extending even if its just for a day.

I had noticed the military discount on hotels was off the website and my TA said they aren't offering any military discounts at all right now. We booked ours a few months ago and are due to go to AKL. I want to modify our stay but am concerned we'd have to pay rack rate vs. military rate for extending even if its just for a day.

It was on the website today, that is why I called. When I looked for rooms it had AP, Florida Resident, Military? Call this number.

Try calling, the worst thing they can say is no. Good luck!

It was on the website today, that is why I called. When I looked for rooms it had AP, Florida Resident, Military? Call this number.
Maybe that is a good omen. I’d looked yesterday and only military offer was the tickets. Good luck to you too!!!

Just curious if anyone who was able to rebook was able to receive a military discount.

We had April cancel, June cancel, was lucky to reschedule for August but military rate was not open then. I called to check as they recently allowed 2020 bookings again, and had one of the oddest conversations with a CM. He said no there wasn't, then looked and saw a code, then told me the DVC I was staying in didn't have the discount and when I asked if he could check different resorts he replied, "not many are open what do you want me to do?" Uh... check to see if any of the open resorts have discounts? I asked for Contemporary since he wouldn't check unless I specifically asked for a resort and no, it wasn't.

I am considering calling back to get a different (and friendlier) CM to help, but don't want to waste their time either.

Anyone have any luck?

I called yesterday and got the military rate for CBR next month so definitely call back. Good luck!

I called the day they opened bookings back up, and there were no military rates available. Booked the room anyway. Tried back the next day or 2, and was able to add the discount. Just keep trying :)

Am I correct in thinking that under normal circumstances we'd expect to hear about 2021 discounts in September? I know it's a crap shoot this year, but just want to make sure I'm at least checking during the regular time lol.

I rebooked into one for September weeks ago. I originally cancelled one in April and booked into another when Disney allowed for changes via phone. And Guest services didn’t even need to get involved.

I have a military discount for my AKL Nov trip. When I had to move to another resort I was able to keep my RO military discount and saved money.

What kind of discount was it?
I was able to get 35% off ro military, but I had booked the original reservation in Feb. AKL Jambo was not going to be open in Nov. so had to change...the discount carried over to the new resort ( BC). Since I still owed money on the original AKL reservation, when GS switched to BC I owed less. A lot of people were price protected when their resort was impacted by closures.

I have found that if the resort does not have the discount when you book, keep calling at least every 2 weeks to check for it.

Anyone have any luck?

It is true that for the military discount, they have to go in and check each individual hotel for the discount. I run into that every time I call to book a room using the discount. I usually call with my top 3 resorts and have them check in the order of preference. I don't think your phone CM was purposely being difficult. I had a CM explain that, unlike other discounts, the military one has to be searched out resort by resort.

It is true that for the military discount, they have to go in and check each individual hotel for the discount. I run into that every time I call to book a room using the discount. I usually call with my top 3 resorts and have them check in the order of preference. I don't think your phone CM was purposely being difficult. I had a CM explain that, unlike other discounts, the military one has to be searched out resort by resort.

I have had CM's before look it up without being prompted -- we typically stay at Epcot area resorts so they will do a search of all 3 for me. (Ex. I wanted BWI standard room and they only had CL. Without asking they'll check YC and BC to see if a standard room is open.) Granted, this is not the current situation.

I didn't think he was purposefully being difficult, it was really his tone that I found off-putting. Maybe he thought I wasn't aware that all resorts weren't open? Maybe he was finishing his shift after a long day? Who knows, but from all my conversations with CM's this was the most awkward. Once he looked up the discount wasn't at BWV, it felt like he was ready to end the discussion. :confused3 His tone with, "what do you want me to do" wasn't in the realm of your typical CM response. Not a huge deal, just odd. He wasn't a jerk, just not your typical CM demeanor. No biggie.

I am going to call again though. Hearing some did receive a discount gives me a twinge of hope! :D

I have had CM's before look it up without being prompted -- we typically stay at Epcot area resorts so they will do a search of all 3 for me. (Ex. I wanted BWI standard room and they only had CL. Without asking they'll check YC and BC to see if a standard room is open.) Granted, this is not the current situation.

I didn't think he was purposefully being difficult, it was really his tone that I found off-putting. Maybe he thought I wasn't aware that all resorts weren't open? Maybe he was finishing his shift after a long day? Who knows, but from all my conversations with CM's this was the most awkward. Once he looked up the discount wasn't at BWV, it felt like he was ready to end the discussion. :confused3 His tone with, "what do you want me to do" wasn't in the realm of your typical CM response. Not a huge deal, just odd. He wasn't a jerk, just not your typical CM demeanor. No biggie.

I am going to call again though. Hearing some did receive a discount gives me a twinge of hope! :D

Yeah, they will do a search of "the epcot resorts" but behind the scenes, they are individually looking up each resort as they chat you up.

Yeah, they will do a search of "the epcot resorts" but behind the scenes, they are individually looking up each resort as they chat you up.

Yes, I am aware they have to do each hotel separately. What is available for military rates is dependent upon bookings at each individual resort. I am 100% aware and get that. But most of the time I am never asked, "what do you want me to do," the typical response is, "It is not available at xyz resort, would you like me to see if a different one is offering the military rate?" Get what I am saying?

It was with his demeanor. I honestly felt by his reaction and tone that I was asking too much for him to look at a different resort for a military rate. After I asked for Contemporary I decided to end the call as I felt he was annoyed.

I just called for availability 11/29... no MK resorts that sleep 5

but what I found weird was that he said, no rooms with a military discount available when he check Boulder ridge.

I just called for availability 11/29... no MK resorts that sleep 5

but what I found weird was that he said, no rooms with a military discount available when he check Boulder ridge.
There are a limited number of discounted rooms at each resort. It is also helpful if you can be flexible with your dates, even a day or two. Ask if there are discounts for other dates/resorts in your timeframe. Keep calling and good luck.

There are a limited number of discounted rooms at each resort. It is also helpful if you can be flexible with your dates, even a day or two. Ask if there are discounts for other dates/resorts in your timeframe. Keep calling and good luck.
I think the problem might be that I'm wanting a room that sleeps 5 at an MK resort, we usually only need a room that sleeps 4 and those are easier to get.

I know this is an older post, but I noticed that the military discount is still listed under the special offers page. Does anyone know if they are available when calling to make future reservations? Thank-you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter