Milkshakes

bmraar

Earning My Ears
I originally booked a dinner reservation at Plaza, but changed it last week when a reservation opened up at Ohana. My whole family was really excited about the new reservation-- at first. My 13 year old daughter has now realized she will be missing out on the Plaza milkshakes. I thought I'd just stop by the Plaza ice cream shop and get her a milkshake as a snack, but it doesn't look like they are on the menu for the ice cream shop, just at the attached restaurant. She doesn't care what flavor and she doesn't care about missing the all you can drink aspect, she just wants a milkshake at Disney. Do you have any recommendations at any of the 4 parks of a place where we can get her a milkshake as a snack? Or does anyone know if you can order a milkshake at the Plaza ice cream shop? I'd love to use a snack credit, but am happy to pay out of pocket if it doesn't qualify as a snack credit under the dining plan.

Thanks!
Kim

I can't help with The Plaza but we always get milkshakes at 50's PT. If you are not eating at the restaurant, you can order milkshakes at the bar in the Tune-In Lounge next door. We have done that when we aren't eating at the TS restaurant. Their milkshakes are great. I doubt you can do this with a snack credit but we think it is worth paying out of pocket for it.

Ah, I didn't think about 50s PT. That should do it. I wouldn't worry about it, but this is my kid who rarely requests anything. We're on vacation, and if all she asks for is a milkshake, I'm going to try to accommodate. Thank you!

Yep 50’s is what I was going to mention too. The PB&J Shake is to die for. We eat there just to get the shake lol (and order some food too) but the shake is the draw

I believe that one of the snack stands at HS, either Min and Bill's dockside diner or the dinosaur have milkshakes. Both of these stands are around Echo Lake.

I got a milkshake at the Trilo-Bites stand in Animal Kingdom right at the entrance to Dinoland (coming over the bridge from Discovery Island). It was very good.

Another nod for Sci-Fi, and also Tune In Lounge (attached to 50’s Prime Time) if you don’t want to deal with an ADR.

I hear you about being accommodating- my kiddos really don’t ask for much in general (and especially not on vacation) so when they do ask, I feel like it’s worth a shot (within reason).

Some places that look like they have shakes are:
  • MK - Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies (I only see chocolate listed)
  • Disney Springs - Ghiradelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop
  • Disney Springs - D-Luxe Burger
  • Boardwalk Resort - Ample Hills Creamery

I realize most are outside of the park, but save from the first one, they all seem to have several options. And although I don't know about them at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, they do have root beer and coke floats, if that's something of interest!

I just saw on another thread that Planet Hollywood at DS has decked out milk shakes.

I didn’t think the” frozen sunshine “ was a milk shake.
Beaches and Cream is closing for an extended refurbishment
It is on the regular table service menu, but I got the tip from a CM to order it at the to go window and have always been obliged. It is a sherbert milkshake and is delicious! Beaches and Cream’s refurb starts in August, but I believe they will have a temporary location during the refurb. The Yacht Club resort thread has details.

I know you’ve already gotten a nod to HS, but I have to say that the PB&J milkshake at 50’s Prime Time was super yummy. We got ours to go from the bar/lounge/waiting area.
I know this isn’t at the parks but if you have plans to eat at Whispering Canyon, they have bottomless milkshakes and they’re delish!

@Mainemama I get that it is a sherbet based, refreshing drink, I have had it I think , but is it “milk” based - ie a Milkshake. I didn’t think so.

This always bothered me.....

Chocolate Milkshake (Real Vanilla Ice Cream blended with Ghiradelli Chocolate syrup...)

No I want chocolate ice cream.

Another vote for the PB&J Milshake at 50's PT. We go there just for that, and sometimes get the Fried Chicken for dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter