Milwaukee Marathon (1 mile, 5k, 10k, HM or M) DIS Meet Race - Oct 14th and 15th 2017

I'll run the half again. And I like the blue . . . :) Just need to register! And I agree - really liked "Milwaukee Running Festival."

ZE19u40B7krGbkPwImHCf_weK-bFOyWMNjikucAkx9vn8-sPH91PaypY-6J-vIKpNac3JIfGFVmwbU8yK9Mn6IvHbKUueYE7RmhlAbgpr65DubsGc08dgHPRUiKPQZ7VBU1Dbq2LWJky6ONovYpi7H2fQsoBQgfjcGRhDA4=s0-d-e1-ft

Just an FYI for those who actually live in the Milwaukee area. Says it is at City Lights Brewery.

I did something a little crazy and signed up for my first full marathon (Lakefront), so if recovery from that goes well, I'll run one of the shorter distances for Mke Marathon. It could also end up being my in case of terrible weather backup plan for running 26.2. If I can't run, I'll volunteer or be cheering. I have no idea what I've gotten myself into or why my first full isn't Disney. Or why I just said "first" full like I'm going to do more. Lol.

Sweet! My plan at this point is to handcuff myself to @DopeyBadger and let him drag me down the course. Unless we catch up to you and then I'll just handcuff myself to you and y'all can work as a team. I'll try to lose a few lbs to help y'all out :)
Take it next level - get @CheapRunnerMike abd @Wendy98 to enter (both sub 3hr marathoners), handcuff one arm to each, pair of rollerblades and you'll smash it!

Hope you all have a great weekend, would love to have entered but not overly convenient from NZ, however that weekend I'll be a lot closer than usual as 10/14 is the last day of our US vacation and will be at WDW!

Sweet! My plan at this point is to handcuff myself to @DopeyBadger and let him drag me down the course. Unless we catch up to you and then I'll just handcuff myself to you and y'all can work as a team. I'll try to lose a few lbs to help y'all out :)

:D

I think I forgot to mention my mom has signed up for the 10k too. She's around the same fitness as you, so she may join us on team sub 60. But having you and her handcuffed to me might be biting off more than I can chew.

I did something a little crazy and signed up for my first full marathon (Lakefront), so if recovery from that goes well, I'll run one of the shorter distances for Mke Marathon. It could also end up being my in case of terrible weather backup plan for running 26.2. If I can't run, I'll volunteer or be cheering. I have no idea what I've gotten myself into or why my first full isn't Disney. Or why I just said "first" full like I'm going to do more. Lol.

HOORAY for Lakefront! I'll be running too! @pixarmom and @lhermiston will likely be there too! Congrats on signing up for your first marathon!

:D

I think I forgot to mention my mom has signed up for the 10k too. She's around the same fitness as you, so she may join us on team sub 60. But having you and her handcuffed to me might be biting off more than I can chew.

The more the merrier! Like a mini dopeybadger pace group. Now I really gotta hope I can keep up :)

Take it next level - get @CheapRunnerMike abd @Wendy98 to enter (both sub 3hr marathoners), handcuff one arm to each, pair of rollerblades and you'll smash it!

Hope you all have a great weekend, would love to have entered but not overly convenient from NZ, however that weekend I'll be a lot closer than usual as 10/14 is the last day of our US vacation and will be at WDW!

Saw my name and had to check this out. Please do not put race ideas into my head! I am easily talked into races. I am racing Chicago the week before. I did 13 days between marathons this spring, good god, I don't think I have a week turnaround time in me!

I'm still not officially signed up, but it's looking like the half for me. My training plan created by @DopeyBadger begins Monday. I'm shooting for a goal time around 2:23. I've never gone into a race with a time goal before so this is a little nervewrecking!

You can steal my strategy and make 3 or 4 goals for the same race. Goal 1 is easily attainable (like finish or an easy finish time) and they get harder the farther down (like no miles over x pace.) Generally Dopeybadger's guess for my finish time at full perfect day race pace is like goal 3 or 4 and then anything faster is my "super secret goal" etc. My way of not feeling like I'm failing but also trying hard to hit the harder time goals :). Like "I'm crushing A&B...I'm awesome...let's keep pushing for C" etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter