Mimosas, Mickey Ears and Magic! 17 Days of Disney Delights *Complete

Im so hungry now! Everything looks so good- especially those appetizers and the frose at STK! Im planning on trying out Trails End in June for the first time- your meals look so good and I'm happy to read you are returning customers :goodvibes The Plaza has been getting a lot of love lately! I agree melted fake cheese doesn't do much for me, but every else looked great!

Great updates, Jeri! We've been home now from our WDW trip for about a week and a half, and I'm so "homesick"! We did get to try the Yak n Yeti wok fried green beans, and they were as amazing as you described them! Also had the Ocean Beach sea salt caramel sundae with butter pecan ice cream like you recommended. OMG, so good! We, too, ate lunch at the Plaza, and shared the loaded fries. You're right, they were just okay. I had them last May when my sister, bff & I did a girls' trip, and they were really good. I don't know what happened. For this meal I had the tuna salad sandwich, which I've had in the past and loved, and this time it was eh. Harry had the wedge salad. He enjoyed it, but seriously, why does this man keep getting salads for meals while we're at WDW? I don't get it. We also ate at Trails End for dinner, and enjoyed it as usual! I think from now on I'm just going to read your dining reports before our upcoming trips to see what you recommend! :lmao:

I went with the Baked Honey-Barbecued Brisket Mac & Cheese. Baked pasta in cheddar cheese sauce sprinkled with golden brown bread crumbs, fried-crispy onions, and scallions topped with a savory barbecued beef brisket.

While this sounded amazing and looked amazing, it was very far less than amazing. The mac and cheese was very subpar and the brisket was so sweet that it clawed with everything else. I really didn't like it and didn't;'t ended up eating very much of it. I was really looking forward to this too. I wish I had gone with one of the sandwich options.

So disappointing about your meal! We love the Plaza. Next time try the Grilled Chicken Sandwich, it's amazing!

Just found and caught up on your whole TR. Thanks for sharing! I find your super laid back touring style, especially more movies than park time really inspiring.

HOW have I never heard of STK's frose?! I think I will be recreating that at home next weekend! One of the criticisms I've heard about the place is the loud music at night... I assume that's not a factor at brunch?

Your server at Trails End sounds great! Love that proactivity with the drinks. I know I would be a terrible server and really appreciate the good ones.

Your orange bird outfit is so cute (is he one of the beads on your necklace??) and I'm sure it was totally the reason you got into the Plaza. So glad you were able to score a table. It's really my favorite in the MK. I am 100% with you on the loaded fries -- I really don't care for that fake cheese. Sorry your brisket was underwhelming. I usually go with the burger here. My only complaint is that they went from steak fries to shoestring fries (first world/WDW problems). But still a favorite. I kinda like their blend of ADR and hold for walkups. One of my favorite aspects of Disney Springs is the usual ability to get a table but when I really "need" to eat somewhere I also kinda want to be able to lock it in. I think about Disney dining waaaaay too much. :laughing:

It is so good! Definitely easy to recreate at home. Let me know if you do! Not loud at all for brunch. I don't think I would care for that at dinner, so maybe I'll stick with brunch.

I love when they are on top of the drinks! Proactive works for me!

Thank you! He sure is one of the beads. :thumbsup2

I think I will stick with a sandwich at Plaza next time. That seems to be the way to go.

I love that about Disney Springs as well. It is great to have so many options. :laughing: As do I!

Another great update. We like Trails End too but have always been seated away from the main area, perhaps they think we won't each as much if we're further away :rolleyes:

:rotfl: That is usually us too. But little do they know I will gladly walk for more food.

I definitely want to try STK brunch...those donuts!!!!!

Yes!!! It was so good! Rob is still raving about the donuts.

Holy cannoli!!! The donuts and monkey bread look amaaaaazing! Did you say the donuts can be ordered as a dessert option? if so, I would pop in just for those!!!
He's having the time of his life!!! I am so jealous! We will be seeing him in June for the second time since starting the program. Also, staying at The Contemporary Resort, one of my recent favs!!!!

Right?!?! I need that monkey bread again. The donuts were a dessert option, so likely they are always available.

That is awesome! How great for him! Great resort choice too. I love it there! We stayed at BLT, but I loved popping over to Contemporary. Have a fun trip!

Wow, I can't believe how good your STK brunch looks. It hasn't been on my radar at all as I just thought it was a hipster night club, so I never would have expected such good food. Will definitely have to check it out.

Love, love, love your orange bird necklace. Where did you get it?

Sorry your entree wasn't good at the Plaza, but you definitely have me wanting to go back there soon. We've always enjoyed it, just couldn't figure out what the ADR/No ADR thing the last few years :-)

:rotfl: Same! I don't like when I search Instagram by location for a food spot and only see bathroom selfies and not food pictures. I was unsure and it definitely seems like it is somewhat that type of place, but you miss that nonsense earlier in the day.

Thank you! It is at the park. Sadly you can't get it on the app, so I had to wait until I got there. They have matching earrings an a bracelet too, which I need.

I really love the atmosphere at the Plaza, I think I just keep ordering poorly. I need to get it together.

Thank you for your review of The Plaza. We had this on our list for November, but it didn't make the cut. I'm glad we did not book it. My husband would have wanted the brisket mac and cheese, but there wasn't anything there appealing enough for me to book it. I feel better now.

Can't wait to read more!

Yah, it is good here. I like it, but there are certainly better options to be had. You didn't miss too much for sure.

Ha! We saw Kobe Bryant by Guardians of Galaxy when we were in Disneyland. But they walked him thought the back and he probably got his one ride. So, no sharing.

This is our Christmas Morning drink! I love it!!!!

Those look yummy!

And these as well! Man!

That does not look like skirt steak... I have never been a steak and eggs gal.

I love all of the flavored lemonades!

I want to try Trails End sometime. Looks delish!

Love the Orange Bird attire. My husband got me an Orange Bird shirt but it's soo small :(

It was def the outfit!

Good to know!

I loved these when we had them but I don't mind plastic cheese.

I am surprised he ordered a cheesesteak. They can't be as good as ones in Philly.

My husband loved this. Wonder if it was different when we went. Or maybe he just isn't that picky. I do think we don't mind sweet BBQ sauce. I had the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich and I loved it!

What an awesome idea for a Christmas morning drink! Love it!

The sweet options were definitely the best part of STK.

I am very much a steak and eggs gal. Just had it today in fact. :laughing:

You definitely have to try Trail's End! Breakfast, brunch or dinner buffet. You can't go wrong with any of them!

Thank you! I think it totally was the outfit too. :thumbsup2 So sad that your shirt is too small. Rob did that to me with a shirt this Christmas too.

We can get really great cheesesteaks at home, that's for sure. We're always open to other ones though. You never know!

Im so hungry now! Everything looks so good- especially those appetizers and the frose at STK! Im planning on trying out Trails End in June for the first time- your meals look so good and I'm happy to read you are returning customers :goodvibes The Plaza has been getting a lot of love lately! I agree melted fake cheese doesn't do much for me, but every else looked great!

Yay! I hope you love Trail's End and I hope your trip this month is magical!

Great updates, Jeri! We've been home now from our WDW trip for about a week and a half, and I'm so "homesick"! We did get to try the Yak n Yeti wok fried green beans, and they were as amazing as you described them! Also had the Ocean Beach sea salt caramel sundae with butter pecan ice cream like you recommended. OMG, so good! We, too, ate lunch at the Plaza, and shared the loaded fries. You're right, they were just okay. I had them last May when my sister, bff & I did a girls' trip, and they were really good. I don't know what happened. For this meal I had the tuna salad sandwich, which I've had in the past and loved, and this time it was eh. Harry had the wedge salad. He enjoyed it, but seriously, why does this man keep getting salads for meals while we're at WDW? I don't get it. We also ate at Trails End for dinner, and enjoyed it as usual! I think from now on I'm just going to read your dining reports before our upcoming trips to see what you recommend! :lmao:

The first month after WDW is always the hardest. Glad you enjoyed the green beans and the ice cream(separately lol)!

That's so odd that the fries were different. And yeah, no salads on vacation. Not allowed! :laughing:

So glad you enjoyed Trail's End!!! It's always a hit.

:laughing: That's what I'm here for!

So disappointing about your meal! We love the Plaza. Next time try the Grilled Chicken Sandwich, it's amazing!

Good to know! I definitely think I will get a sandwich next time for sure!

Just found and caught up on your whole TR. Thanks for sharing! I find your super laid back touring style, especially more movies than park time really inspiring.

Thank you so much! We definitely like our down time at Disney Springs. I need to escape the crowds!

Okay, thank you all for being sooooooooo incredibly patient with me this DR! I promise to finish up very very soon. It has been a crazy time after this trip. I had Vegas/Disneyland and then NYC and then the Finger Lakes and Tuesday I leave for Chicago. So much travel this year! Not only that but in bittersweet news I had to cancel our upcoming January trip, but for a good reason. We just bought a house!!! We are so excited, but we have so much remodeling to do that it is eating into our vacation funds. We may still decide to go back soon for a shorter trip, but as of right now we have canceled. Fingers crossed that we still have a little money left over for a short trip or maybe a trip to Disney's Hilton Head resort. I will keep you posted, but for now, more updates!

After a fun day at MK it was back to the resort on this beautiful day.

Tonight was the NFC Championship for the Eagles. Our favorite friend was NOT welcome back to join us for this game and we didn't know how are chances were of getting into ESPN Club this time with it being the second game of the night this time and we didn't feel like spending a fortune, so we decided to enjoy this game at the room.

Being the super awesome wife that I am, I went out to the Speedway station (no longer Hess) and got alcoholic beverages for the game at a fraction of the cost.

We went back and forth on what to do for dinner and I almost ventured off property for cheap pizza, but Rob didn't want pizza so we ended up at Artist's Palette at our resort.

I got an individual pepperoni pizza.

Pizza and football! What more can you ask for!

Rob ended up with the same sandwich he got our first night. Spicy Italian Beef Sandwich. Shaved roast beef, Provolone cheese, Horseradish Mayonnaise, Arugula, Spicy Relish. Comes with house-made Saratoga Springs chips.

He enjoyed this again and was perfect to munch on throughout the game.

They had some really yummy looking baked goods here, so I got a sweet snack for later. I went with the Birthday Cake Bread Pudding.

This was not good. Do not be fooled but it's cute exterior. It was dry and flavorless and looked very pretty in the trash. :laughing:

But who cares about food when the Eagles win and go to the Super Bowl!!!!

Wanted to say, thanks for writing this awesome dining report! We are similar in the movie theater appreciation sense -- SO and I have been known to hit the theater 4 times in a weekend :teeth: This report has thoroughly inspired us to visit the AMC at DS on our next trip!
Congratulations on the house purchase! :cheer2: Hope the remodeling goes smoothly.

This was not good. Do not be fooled but it's cute exterior. It was dry and flavorless and looked very pretty in the trash. :laughing:
:rotfl2: I frequently am fooled by food appearances, so I appreciate these kinds of warnings!

The next day we recovered from our Eagles win and made it to Epcot within an hour of rope drop. I felt the need to kick it off with a Frappuccino today. My favorite!

We rode SE, Soarin' and Living with the Land where we spotted this interesting veggie growing.

Rob actually asked a CM where in WDW we could find a dish using this and they said that chefs will use it in super small quantities in dishes so that you are barely getting any heat at all from the pepper, so that was an interesting little tidbit.

Then for some ungodly reason we did the Figment ride, which we do about one out of every five trips and then question why we did it. :lmao: But, this time we decided to check out the perk of the DVC Lounge in the same building. We had never been up here and it is so cool!

The atmosphere is so awesome.

I grabbed a Cherry Vanilla Coke from the Coke Freestyle machine (my fav!). There were a number of different beverage options that would be a great escape on either a very hot or a very cool day.

And somehow Rob managed to find the only PS4 system in all of WDW. :laughing:

This place looked great and is a perfect spot to take a needed break, but I doubt we will utilize this place very often.

After that I managed to snag a Frozen Fastpass and we did a lap around WS waiting for our time and tried to decide what to do for lunch. We also took advantage of this awesome photo spot for FOTA.

I was staring into the sun while Rob snapped a zillion pictures, so I do not look amused here. :lmao:

We ended up deciding on one of my personal favorite spots for lunch. San Angel Inn!

Like I said earlier, I no longer have my camera with me, so these pics are no the greatest with the dark lighting in here. Great atmosphere, just not great for picture taking.

We were seated right away and managed to score an awesome spot by the water.

My handsome lunch date.

They start you with chips and salsa here and bring a red and a green salsa, both of which are very tasty. I love the chips here and I appreciate that they are free.

Rob chose an appetizer and got the Queso Fundido. Melted cheese with chorizo, poblano peppers and onions, served with flour tortillas.

Rob insisted I try this too and I am so glad I did because it was AMAZING! I will definitely get this for myself next time. This was so cheesy! The flavors were great and it was perfect on the tortilla.

For our entrees I got the Tacos al Pastor. Pastor marinated grilled pork on corn tortillas, with roasted pineapple, white onions, cilantro and salsa verde.

I also got a side of rice because I weirdly like their rice.

The tacos were excellent! I really enjoy pastor style tacos and these were excellent.

Rob got the Tacos de Carne. Grilled sirloin, black beans, yellow onion and poblano peppers, served with guacamole and flour tortillas. Sadly no picture. But he enjoyed his tacos as well.

Our server here was super friendly here also. I just love it here. I don't care what anyone says. I love the atmosphere and the food is always delicious. You can also get the yummy margaritas from La Cava here, but sadly I did not partake this time around. If you are on the fence about trying this place, but scared off by the hate this place gets, don't be. I really love it here. Give it a try for yourself because you may love it too!

Wanted to say, thanks for writing this awesome dining report! We are similar in the movie theater appreciation sense -- SO and I have been known to hit the theater 4 times in a weekend :teeth: This report has thoroughly inspired us to visit the AMC at DS on our next trip!
Congratulations on the house purchase! :cheer2: Hope the remodeling goes smoothly.

:rotfl2: I frequently am fooled by food appearances, so I appreciate these kinds of warnings!

Awww thank you! I wish I would get Rob to the movies 4 times in a weekend outside of Disney! I managed to eek 2 movies out of him Memorial Day weekend. I really hope you get to enjoy AMC on your next trip. It's so awesome there.

Thank you so much! We are hoping for a relatively quick smooth process as well. I appreciate the well wishes.

:laughing: I am always fooled by appearances. Even at times when I now better, I just can't resist something that looks like the perfect Instagram pic. :lmao:

After lunch we did another lap around WS and decided to try out this interesting item from FOTA. Taiyaki Dessert. Japanese stuffed pastry, sweet red bean filling, sesame cream and raspberry sauce.

This was so incredibly interesting. I can still remember exactly what this tasted like. It really is mashed up red beans, but sweet, so it is really unique. This is one of the items that was not only pretty, but also very tasty. I was very pleasantly surprised.

We also nabbed our Passholder print. So pretty!

Then it was time to paint the new wall.

We also rode Test Track, which is not really my favorite. I'm good to ride ride it again for another 3 or 4 trips. Rob made the oddest car. :lmao:

Somehow we actually did A LOT today. It was kinda crowded, but the Fastpass gods were on our side today. And we are out Epcot!

After a little down time back at the room we took the bus over to DS for an evening movie. Tonight was Molly's Game, which I knew almost nothing about going into it and really enjoyed.

We also got some popcorn.

It was 10:30pm by the time we got out of the movie and for the first time ever we hit Blaze Pizza with no line out the door! :banana:

We were in and out of here fairly quickly for a change and made the walk back to our room, pizzas in hand.

Rob got some crazy goat cheese, pesto, ham, red pepper and mushroom concoction.

I went with pepperoni, pineapple, black olives and oregano.

Man, I could go for a Blaze Pizza right now! They are the best you guys! You need to try Blaze Pizza if you haven't already. It's the perfect late night, in-room snack also.

With bellies full of pizza, we drifted off to sleep.

Thank you! It is at the park. Sadly you can't get it on the app, so I had to wait until I got there. They have matching earrings an a bracelet too, which I need.
May I ask where in the parks? I need this in my life.

Not only that but in bittersweet news I had to cancel our upcoming January trip, but for a good reason. We just bought a house!!! We are so excited, but we have so much remodeling to do that it is eating into our vacation funds.
Congratulations!!!! That is the best reason to have to cancel Disney!

Tonight was the NFC Championship for the Eagles. Our favorite friend was NOT welcome back to join us for this game and we didn't know how are chances were of getting into ESPN Club this time with it being the second game of the night this time and we didn't feel like spending a fortune, so we decided to enjoy this game at the room.
Hmmm, I wonder why :crazy2:

Pizza and football! What more can you ask for!
No, you really can't!!!! Congrats on the Eagles. I was still bitter over my Steelers "loss" to the Patriots earlier in the year so I was routing for them from here.

Yikes! I was going to comment on how good this looked. Bummer the looks and taste didn't match.

Then for some ungodly reason we did the Figment ride, which we do about one out of every five trips and then question why we did it. :lmao: But, this time we decided to check out the perk of the DVC Lounge in the same building. We had never been up here and it is so cool!
I so hate this ride, but my daughter loves it. I think we may need to become DVC members just so we can hit the lounge while she rides it :P

IMG_0275.jpg
Hey Frida, how ya doing? This is everything. I've never seen this before.

Rob insisted I try this too and I am so glad I did because it was AMAZING! I will definitely get this for myself next time. This was so cheesy! The flavors were great and it was perfect on the tortilla.
Yum. We've had this once and it was so good.

Our server here was super friendly here also. I just love it here. I don't care what anyone says. I love the atmosphere and the food is always delicious. You can also get the yummy margaritas from La Cava here, but sadly I did not partake this time around. If you are on the fence about trying this place, but scared off by the hate this place gets, don't be. I really love it here. Give it a try for yourself because you may love it too!
I'm with you in the San Angel Fandom. Our service has never been great, but the food is always flavorful and you cannot beat the atmosphere. And of course the avocado margaritas :drinking1

This was so incredibly interesting. I can still remember exactly what this tasted like. It really is mashed up red beans, but sweet, so it is really unique. This is one of the items that was not only pretty, but also very tasty. I was very pleasantly surprised.
This is gorgeous! Glad to hear it tasted equally as good.

Man, I could go for a Blaze Pizza right now! They are the best you guys! You need to try Blaze Pizza if you haven't already. It's the perfect late night, in-room snack also.
Yum! You can order pizza for me any day of the week. They just put one in about 20 minutes from our house and we plan on checking it out soon.

They had some really yummy looking baked goods here, so I got a sweet snack for later. I went with the Birthday Cake Bread Pudding.

I'm so bummed that this wasn't good - I wanted to make a trip to Saratoga just for it, but bread pudding should be really gooey, not dry!

This is such a cute paint by numbers! Like it a lot more than the Figment paintings I've seen.

Blaze is really delicious, I was just able to try it in my city. It isn't very close here so it's super tempting at Disney World. Mmm, drooling just thinking about it.

Congratulations on the house!!! That’s fantastic! Sorry it is eating into vacation funds but it will be so worth it! Also congrats on the Super Bowl win - you guys are having quite a year! Have you guys seen “that” friend again? I also really enjoy San Angel... but I think they’ve tried to pack waaay too many tables into the space. Are they displaying the finished paint by numbers mural anywhere? Hope they didn’t trash it. I haven’t tried Blaze yet ... sounds like I need to change that!

Congrats on the house! Sounds like a great reason to shorten your trip!

That's great news on the house purchase, will you be moving in soon?

It's nice to know that you are such a good wife, going out for beer and food for the game! I hope you are appreciated :goodvibes

Congrats on the house! Bummer that you had to cancel your January WDW trip though. We're going this upcoming January with my son and his family. I've never been in January before, never really wanted to go at that time, but my grandsons have January birthdays, so we're celebrating them at WDW. Their birthdays are January 18th & 21st, and they'll be 13 and 6. It will be the 6 year old's second trip, as he was only 9 months old on his first, so this is technically like his first trip. He's so super excited! I thought maybe our trips would coincide and we could have a DIS meet, darn it! Even though we're South Jersey neighbors, I figured I'd have a better chance of meeting you in WDW than at home, lol! I am excited about seeing the FOTAs for the first time! We haven't tried Blaze pizza yet, but i'm dying to try it. San Angel is one of my favorites also, and I don't know why it gets so much hate. It is a beautiful restaurant, and I always have a good meal there. Oh well, makes it easier to get reservations, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!