Mimosas, Mickey Ears and Magic! 17 Days of Disney Delights *Complete

That is a crazy insane amount of movies!! Such a cool "challenge" for your holiday :)

I know right! we sure do love seeing movies in Disney.

Wow all those posts. I love AK and can't wait to go again in December to see Pandora. My on the last day is nostalgic and the balloons in front of the castle make a great picture :goodvibes

Thank you! You will love Pandora. It is so awesome.

Awesome reviews, as always! I am totally intrigued by that gelato. What does it actually taste like? Reading your latest updates have me really wanting Disney food...ASAP!

Thank you! :goodvibes The gelato has a sweet creamy flavor. Almost like vanilla but not quite and then has the added texture of the rice. It's like rice pudding as a gelato.

Here is one thing I like a lot about you guys: you do Disney your way. I would never think about going to the movies on our trip because I'm always go go go go go, which my husband doesn't like. We never had an AMC until recently so now that we're earning points and they have that new A-list rewards thing I think he would like relaxing more and taking time to do other things. I try, I really do, but it's ingrained in me to do as much as I can in the small amount of time that I have. You do both, and you seem to have a blast and not be missing out on a single thing. I could learn from you. :thumbsup2

I want to try that pretzel. It's on my list! Sorry you didn't enjoy it more!

I really like 'Ohana, but my hubby doesn't so it doesn't make the cut. :confused3

Aww thanks! We definitely have gotten out of the go, go, go mode. I still have it sometimes but if it was up to Rob we would barely do the parks at all. He loves all the relaxation/food aspects of WDW.

Well that's going on my list for sure.

:thumbsup2

I love your reviews-you’re fair but honest. And you really take the most relaxing vacations!
But you really should think about getting a MoviePass! My husband has had it over a year and loves it. He uses it everywhere we travel. He’s never had any problems. He paid upfront 6.99 a month for the year-even if they go out of business tomorrow he’s already seen enough movies to have gone way over that. You can pay by the month as well.

Thank you! We do enjoy the relaxation side of Disney. That's good to hear that your hubby has been issue free with Movie Pass! I definitely might get it before our next trip if AMC is accepting it down there.

Okay, I am finishing this DR up for real this time! Finals days. Let's do this!

For our last full Disney day we planned on hitting up Epcot for some final Festival of the Arts enjoyment, but when we woke up we just didn't want to do a park. I was seriously soooooooo bummed that it was our last day. I couldn't deal with he fact that we had to go home and fell into a funk. I couldn't shake it. I just wanted to lounge and be sad that vacation is almost over. So, we decided to make our way to Polynesian for breakfast.

Kona Cafe here we come!

I love being able to see the castle from here.

We made a reservation before coming to Poly this morning and were seated pretty much right away and settled in with our menus.

We somehow had not done breakfast here yet this trip and were overwhelmed with decisions.

Rob got his favorite thing here. The press pot coffee.

And while I usually go for the liliko'i juice I opted for the new (at the time) mimosa flight with pineapple, liliko'i and pink grapefruit juices.

I loved this! I would swap the pink grapefruit juice for traditional orange juice or maybe cranberry juice next time though.

For entrees Rob got his new favorite here, the Loco Moco. Traditional island brunch staple with a tower of rice, hamburger patty, house-made chorizo gravy, two eggs ands tomato salsa.

He loves this! It doesn't appeal to me, but he really enjoys it.

I got the slightly updated Seven Seas Samoan. Poached eggs with citrus hollandaise sauce on pulled pork and turkey hash with mustard greens and tomatoes tossed in a citrus vinaigrette.

Without the icky greens.

Love this! Just as good as the original Samoan I know and love. I could eat this every day for breakfast. It has so much flavor and the pork in this dish is so yummy.

Breakfast was a success. Kona Cafe is always a fantastic spot.

Goodbye Poly! We will miss you most of all!

After breakfast we decided to head to Disney Springs... for ice cream! I mean, what else are you supposed to do after breakfast. :rotfl2:

We went into Ghirardelli for a treat. Rob got the The Presidio Passion. Strawberry Hot Fudge Sundae - vanilla ice cream, strawberry topping and handmade hot fudge, topped with whipped cream and a dipped strawberry.

I got my favorite, The Ocean Beach. Sea Salt Caramel Sundae. Vanilla ice cream, sea salt, caramel sauce and handmade hot fudge topped with whipped cream, sea salt and a Ghirardelli SQUARES milk chocolate. Except I got cookies and cream ice cream instead of vanilla.

I wish I had stuck with my butter pecan ice cream sub. The cookies and cream wasn't as good.

Then we broke our movie record with our 16th movie of the trip, Hostiles. It was so boring! And people were being obnoxious in the theater. Not the best way to go out, but what can you do.

And thus ends our time at Disney Springs this trip. I love it here so much! If you are not a big Disney Springs goer, please give it a try one night. There is so much to see and do and eat. I miss Disney Springs the most when I think about WDW.

After doing some packing and relaxing and moping back in the room we eventually decided on Turf Club for dinner as we had little to no desire to leave the resort for the evening.

They took us in a little after 6pm with no reservation. It was a really nice night so we opted to sit outside and take it all in on our final evening. I love that they have the outdoor area at this restaurant. There was practically no one outside but us and they had the little heaters going too, so it was perfect.

So, our server was nice, but I'm glad we weren't in a hurry because service was terribly slow.

We started with their bread service which is fairly basic but very tasty. I enjoy it very much.

We decided to do it up a bit for our last night and both got appetizers and entrees. Rob started with the Cheese Plate.

The man loves a cheese plate and this one was very good by his high cheese standards.

I got the Fried Buttermilk Calamari. Crispy calamari and pepperoncini, roasted garlic aioli & spicy marinara.

This was so good! I sadly missed out of my beloved Mama Melrose calamari, so this was a welcome replacement. It was a huge portion and it was fried to perfection.

For our entrees Rob went with the Grilled Pork Chop with potato gratin topped with gruyere cheese, braised red cabbage, apple butter, and fried sage.

He thought it was good, but after he saw my entree he was having serious ordering regrets.

I got the prime rib with yukon gold mashed potatoes, broccolini, and au jus.

You can't see the mountain of mashed potatoes this is sitting on but trust me they were there and they were delicious! This was without a doubt the best prime rib I have ever had. The absolute perfect entree to end the trip.

Turf Club used to be one of my absolute favorites when they first opened and then I've had some misses here and there, but I really do love the atmosphere here. We stay at SSR so much that it's a great location too. I do love the food here most of the time and this visit got us wanting to come back again next trip.

We opted out of dessert here and instead went over to Artist's Palette for a treat back at the room.

I got the milk and cookies cupcake.

Look at all that edible glitter.

The inside.

This was not as good as it looks. It was pretty average.

After that we kicked back and relaxed with a Dateline Mystery in the room. A few tears were possibly shed as well since I was sad our vacation was really at an end. Do we have to go tomorrow?

For our last morning we always have a big breakfast at a resort before starting the drive home. I had a super early ressie at Kona Cafe for our last morning, but we just had it the day before and honestly, if I have to go home I just want to be home. I was really not in the mood for a long breakfast. I just wanted to get on the road and get home to my dog.

So we were out of the room and ready to go before 7am. Customary sad face leaving the room photo. Forgive my early morning lack of makeup scary face. :laughing:

We stopped in Artist's Palette and grabbed a few items for the road. Behold, my last Disney food. A cheese danish. Perfect.

Then we stopped for gas as the sun was still coming up.

And now it's time to hit the road and beat the I-4 morning rush.

Goodbye Florida!

And thanks for the memories Disney World! Until next time! As always, thank you all for joining me on my DR. You guys are the best! Sorry this one took so long. We have had a lot of stress with our new house, so we are still debating on taking our trip we planned for January. I will keep you posted, but hopefully another DR will be coming at the end of January!

Another awesome report! Glad you at least got one more cheese danish before you had to hit the road. Hope you're able to keep your January trip on the books! :)

Kona breakfast followed by Sundaes, mmmmmm delicious.......

Sorry you were so sad to be leaving, but you had a wonderful vacation and I've really enjoyed reading along :goodvibes

Last edited:

For entrees Rob got his new favorite here, the Loco Moco. Traditional island brunch staple with a tower of rice, hamburger patty, house-made chorizo gravy, two eggs ands tomato salsa.

I find this oddly interesting!

And while I usually go for the liliko'i juice I opted for the new (at the time) mimosa flight with pineapple, liliko'i and pink grapefruit juices.

Yum!

I got the slightly updated Seven Seas Samoan. Poached eggs with citrus hollandaise sauce on pulled pork and turkey hash with mustard greens and tomatoes tossed in a citrus vinaigrette.

Glad to see that this is back on the menu!

Another amazing dining report Jeri. You've given me so many ideas for our next trip. Hopefully January is a go and here before ya know it.

All I wanted on this trip was In-N-Out Burger. And today I got my wish!

It always cracks me up how much people love going to here!! Living in Arizona we have In-N-Out and Del Taco on every corner and we get so sick of them!! If my kids ask for them I always groan!!!

Love your dining report!

After a little down time back at the room we took the bus over to DS for an evening movie. Tonight was Molly's Game, which I knew almost nothing about going into it and really enjoyed.

We also got some popcorn.

It was 10:30pm by the time we got out of the movie and for the first time ever we hit Blaze Pizza with no line out the door! :banana:

We were in and out of here fairly quickly for a change and made the walk back to our room, pizzas in hand.

Rob got some crazy goat cheese, pesto, ham, red pepper and mushroom concoction.

I went with pepperoni, pineapple, black olives and oregano.

Man, I could go for a Blaze Pizza right now! They are the best you guys! You need to try Blaze Pizza if you haven't already. It's the perfect late night, in-room snack also.

With bellies full of pizza, we drifted off to sleep.

We have a Blaze Pizza 10 min from our house now. :)

Thank you for the awesome DR as always! I really enjoy your reviews and find them very helpful in making choices for our trips!

So sad your report is done! I have to say that mimosa flight has me ooooogling :lovestruc I can't wait to try it!

I just binged your entire report- it was fantastic! I so appreciated your honesty in the reviews - the pictures had me walking into my kitchen constantly for snacks! We stayed briefly at SSR this past March (just 2 nights) before driving around Florida for spring training baseball games. Both my husband and I really enjoyed the resort - and it was perfect being so close to Disney Springs - we ate nearly every meal there - except for lunch on our arrival day at Artist's Palette (which was very good).

We were able to rent DVC points for a March 2019 trip and will be returning to SSR for 5 nights in a studio (I can't wait). We will still get our baseball fix by going to some Brave's spring training games - right at Disney's Wide World of Sports. We don't plan on going to any parks this trip and reading your report has helped enforce my theory that there is plenty to keep us busy without going to the parks and still keeping the Disney magic!

A Blaze pizza recently opened in our area - we've never been, but after reading your review and seeing those amazing pizzas we are going to try it!

Thank you so much for sharing your trip and posting all those great reviews and delicious pictures. I know it took a lot of time and effort - and it is much appreciated, as I now have some great suggestions for meals/snacks for our trip next March.

Congratulations on your new home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter