Mini Report: It Never Rains in So Cal šŸŽ¶

evilmommie

Disneyland CM Alumna 80's-90's
Hubby and I stuck with our reservations yesterday and were rewarded for our efforts.

We hydrated big time all week. Weā€™re both good at that anyway, based on years of work in the elements and knowing how Mother Nature will take you down if you arenā€™t prepared!

Quick thoughts: It was in the high 90ā€™s when we arrived - around 10am. Parking and security were fast! Did some walk throughs on MS to see merch. Always a good time in the AM to buy as the shelves are restocked. Light crowdsā€¦no one in Candy Palace. Was kind of eerie. D23 in full force at the convention center, so Iā€™m sure that was keeping crowds down as well.

Hey Oogie!
C6DF73DE-01C4-403D-BA84-53E0E24E6D7C.jpeg

Hopped on Pirates, no wait. Some of the fun merch in Pieces of Eight. Love the new sling backpack on the rt corner. I accidentally deleted the pic of the strap!
The best part of the bag. It is a large, wide red strap that reads "The Place is Off the Hook". Love it! Might buy on my trip next week. It's a canvas material.
Lft pic - Red's hat Rt - Pirate Mickey headband Middle - Interactive Pirate coin bank Lft bottom - Loungefly BP Middle Bottom - Play Pirate ship.

D41717F0-CD6E-4CB1-AFA5-A80EDB30B483.jpeg
Minimal wait for HMH. So happy to get the AC and see all of my favorite NBC characters. Riding this overlay was my main objective for the day and hubby was happy to oblige. (He's not the fan like me.) The new gingerbread house didn't disappoint and the smell is just divine! I think it was after leaving this ride it started to sprinkle. And, boy was it refreshing! Cooled Dland down to the 70's.

Empty walkways. No photo pass at Castle. Families were taking turns taking other families pics. That was fun to watch. Down by the MS Mickey Pumpkins, same thing...guests had created their own lines and were taking each others pics. Very civilized.
BCFC5298-E6C5-47EA-AA89-5036C95CBC16.jpeg
EEC1F31C-D992-4797-8A0D-2B5E48FC3BB7.jpeg

Food: We had a 1pm reservation at Carnation Cafe. I was a bit leary, but wanted to give them a try. Hubs had the turkey club, I had the cheeseburger. One of the best burgers I've had in a long time. Very fork and knife style. Cooked and seasoned perfectly. I was really surprised at the quality. Awesome service as well! Dapper Dans were right outside as we left, enjoyed their singing and saw a guest give them some special recognition. So many amazing details happen at Disneyland.
We tried the cookie crumble churro with the peanut butter, vanilla dipping sauce. I didn't really like the cookie crumble...hubby did. He's an oreo guy. The PB dipping sauce was amazing. Could have eaten that with a spoon. LOL

After lunch walked up the Small World corridor and caught the Character Cavalcade. Super cute! Also, watched the Lion King show. Great broadway style singing and acting. Superb music.

Park flowers are even better in the rain!
907F4B73-19CD-4339-8936-24C1DCFB5BB7.jpeg
After a few more rides: Train, Buzz, Star Tours. We wandered down Main Street and over to the GCH for a cocktail.
Said hello to the sugary OB and saw the longest line of the day, at the GCH special treat cart. People LOVE those zombie
Mickey gingerbread cookies.

We capped off our day with a lovely view of the GCH pool. I had a glass of champagne, hubs had an IPA.
Oh! Forgot I stopped in afterwards to Salt & Straw. Tasted the goat cheese pumpkin spice ice cream. OMG, so good...would have
gotten that but was having a major chocolate craving, that churro didn't do it. So, I had a half scoop of cold brew praline pecan butter, with a half scoop
of ooey gooey chocolate brownie. HEAVEN!
No wait for the tram for the parking structure. Noticed the trams coming into the parks were full. Said goodbye and see ya next time. What a great day!!

See ya later Mr. Boogie!

5257FB35-550C-4331-A6E7-38C38BFA6A91.jpeg

Last edited:
Iā€™m a little jealousšŸ˜‰ We will be there next weekend for 3 days and I doubt it will be this ā€œuncrowdedā€. We are hoping for a little cooler weather

Iā€™m a little jealousšŸ˜‰ We will be there next weekend for 3 days and I doubt it will be this ā€œuncrowdedā€. We are hoping for a little cooler weather
Oh for sure cooler. Especially in the evening next weekend. Have fun! Parks look great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter