Mini van vs Fullsize SUV

kmermaid

DIS Veteran
Planning a golf trip for DH and 3 buddies. Which vehicle is better to transport 4 adults each with a suitcase and four travel golf bags?

Do you really think you hubby wants to drive a Mini Van? ;)

Does anyone?

Depends on the price, and I've had that go both ways. On our last trip to SFO and Yosemite, a minivan was quite a bit less expensive but you really have to compare.

If you go with an SUV though, be sure you get a BIG SUV -- like a Suburban, Tahoe, etc. Not something advertised as "full-sized." 4 boys with golf clubs is a lot of stuff!

Thanks for the replies. Made res for both and will show it to him to let him decide. Its thru Alamo which says the Full size SUV as Ford Expedition. So hopefully it is truly a full size, if not DH can hash it out with the rep in the garage!

Thanks for the replies. Made res for both and will show it to him to let him decide. Its thru Alamo which says the Full size SUV as Ford Expedition. So hopefully it is truly a full size, if not DH can hash it out with the rep in the garage!
Yes, Expedition is definitely a true full sized SUV.

Depends on the price, and I've had that go both ways. On our last trip to SFO and Yosemite, a minivan was quite a bit less expensive but you really have to compare.

If you go with an SUV though, be sure you get a BIG SUV -- like a Suburban, Tahoe, etc. Not something advertised as "full-sized." 4 boys with golf clubs is a lot of stuff!

Alamo/National" fullsize suv" is a tahoe/expedition and "premium suv" is a suburban/expedition max

Well maybe if he goes the full SUV and they don't have any that fit he can take a mini van. On the costco site it says full size is expedition and premium is navigator. Ofcourse he would rather drive a suv than a mini van but everything needs to fit. In the past it fit in a mini van.

So you don't think four guys each with a piece of luggage and travel gold bags will fit in an Expedition size?
They should...and boys love their toys! They'd like an Expedition a lot more than looking like a bunch of soccer moms in a minivan. Price would be my criteria, but all things equal I'd definitely go with the SUV...for the boys.

If it were girls, I'd go with a top of the line limo service!

We travel as a family of 4 adults plus a wheelchair. the golf clubs and suitcases would fit easily in a mini van. Just put the back seat flat. We had an SUV once and could not fit everything in. Some suitcases needed to go in the back seat with the occupants. It was tight.

We own a Ford Expedition, it will fit everything you are taking as long as the back seat is down (you wont need third row seat with 4 people)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!