Minnie Vans "Uber" like transport begins soon!

Took one today from BC to MK for rope drop. Was super easy, booked on app, car was already waiting there and made it to MK quickly. Bus was still not there when we left so worth the 20 bucks for us!

Yeah I am staying the the BC Villas next month and I am also planning to take one to MK for Rope drop.

How long did it take? They drop you off right at the front by the busses?

View attachment 254055

from WDWNT

Walt Disney World is hiring drivers for their once-rumored Uber-like service, which apparently will be launching soon.

The system is being described in internal documents as “transporting guests door to door or point to point within resort and theme park locations”. Drivers for the service will be expected to provide information about the advanced technology features of the proposed electric vehicles, while providing information about Disney property and vacation assistance.

Disney is only hiring cast members with at least one year of experience within the company for the positions, and only those with at least 3 years with a Florida driver’s license. It is expected that those Cast Members be knowledgeable about all aspects of the Walt Disney World vacation experience so that they can answer any questions that the guests in the vehicle may have.

Disney will be testing the service as a more personal experience as opposed to the wildly popular Express Bus Service introduced last year.

Ha ha! Love This!

Has anyone used it to go to Trail's End Restaurant. I would like to know if the Minnie Van service drops you off at Pioneer Hall or at Fort Wilderness internal bus station?

We arrive next Saturday at Boardwalk Villa's. Definitely want to try the new service out. Not receiving any message or pop-up on MyDisneyExperience...is that because we're not staying at BW proper? Does anyone know if we're going to be able to participate? Does the pop-up message happen once we arrive? Always assumed we'd walk to the main Boardwalk entrance to catch our "Lyft" anyways

Thanks

We arrive next Saturday at Boardwalk Villa's. Definitely want to try the new service out. Not receiving any message or pop-up on MyDisneyExperience...is that because we're not staying at BW proper? Does anyone know if we're going to be able to participate? Does the pop-up message happen once we arrive? Always assumed we'd walk to the main Boardwalk entrance to catch our "Lyft" anyways

Thanks
You should be able to just download the lyft app and request one.

I read the Minnie vans are now available at Wilderness lodge, but I have not seen it mentioned here (unless I missed). Can someone confirm? Keeping my fingers crossed as we are staying there in November

Thanks
After you download the Lyft app and are onsite and (and i would assume checked-in), open up the MyDisney Experience App and there should be a pop up. Follow the on screen instructions and the Lyft app will need to uodate itself from the app store. After the Lyft app updates itself, you should see the option for Minnie Van.

Well, first of all its not Uber. And its not really Lyft either even though you use their app to call one. It doesn't operate off WDW property.

Its a service run by Disney, using Disney CM's to drive the custom vehicles. It only takes people to places on WDW property.

I read the Minnie vans are now available at Wilderness lodge, but I have not seen it mentioned here (unless I missed). Can someone confirm? Keeping my fingers crossed as we are staying there in November

Yes the WL was added on Monday - and we used them 4 times already - and love them.

Can someone explain how this is different than using Uber?

About $10 more lol.

Actually if you have a larger family or need car seats then this isn't a bad deal. For groups of 2-4, the better value would normally be Uber or Lyft. Even though it's just the two of us, in sure we'll use this occasionally.

Thanks

After you download the Lyft app and are onsite and (and i would assume checked-in), open up the MyDisney Experience App and there should be a pop up. Follow the on screen instructions and the Lyft app will need to uodate itself from the app store. After the Lyft app updates itself, you should see the option for Minnie Van.

We are staying at the BWI and used the service 4 times already. You need to get a code from the hotel. We had to go to someone at the BWI and have them give us a code. They only want people staying at the 4 hotels to use the app. Then the Minnie Service will appear - it didn't appear for us until the BWI gave us a code.

It is wonderful. We used it to and from MK several times already - no more waiting on the long MK bus lines when leaving at the end of the night. One night we used it from HS - because the boat line was so long and it was late and hot - we could have walked but we were all so tired and the van was there within 3 minutes - with the AC on high. It was wonderful. The drivers are all so nice. We will continue to use them the rest of the trip - it is that enjoyable. The best part of using it at MK is that it drops you off at MK - not TTC. YAY! No other cabs can drop you off at MK.

Also, we are a family of 6 and love that we all fit. They are 7 seaters. Also, they said they had car seats in the trunk if we needed them.

I looked at rental car prices for the winter break holidays and can say 3-4 trips a day is easily cheaper than a peak season rate SUV/van that can hold 6 of us. Best rates thru Costco were over $100 per night. Best rate on a full sized car was $65/nt.

Well, first of all its not Uber. And its not really Lyft either even though you use their app to call one. It doesn't operate off WDW property.

Its a service run by Disney, using Disney CM's to drive the custom vehicles. It only takes people to places on WDW property.
Yep, also it's a $20 flat rate. Whether you have 1 or 6 people it's $20. They also have space for two car seats.

We will be going to Disney for our first time ever September 8-18th. Any chance the minnie vans will be rolled out by then? We are staying in AKL and I think the Minnie van would be the perfect way to insure we get to our early morning ADR and back from Chef Mickey's.

If it gets popular, absolutely.

Well, they can try :).

The problem is that the "flat rate" is higher than many cab rides. Example: WL to GF is about $10, with 20% tip. WL to Contemporary? About the same.

The problem.... CABS operate on a combo of time and mileage. "Minnie Vans" are flat fee. So- optimization approach:

1) Short haul, low road delays - CAB.
2) Long haul - Minnie Van.
3) Short haul, high traffic, Road Delays - Minnie Van.

We WILL be using these.... but likely only for our "long haul" trips from WL to the Dolphin/Swan - or when there is a road disruption. A CAB ride to or from most areas is about $10 - $27, with 20% tip. As with all services - we balance SAFETY, and PRICE. The "Safety" part is why we personally chose to avoid UBER. Just our choice.

So how to put this..... a Minnie Van MAY be worth something, but only in particular situations. WDW would be WISE to alter the cost, based on route, simply to be competitive.
"All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts