Missing Buttons When Using Internet Explorer 11?

Sherry E

Currently tag-less...
When I first signed in to the new board this past Sunday night (using IE11), all of the buttons for Bold, Underline, Italics, inserting links, Font colors, size, etc., etc., were there in the reply/text boxes. By Monday they were mysteriously gone. In fact, I am using IE11 right now, and there are no buttons or options for anything. If I wanted to make something bold, I'd have to use codes.

I have checked, unchecked and re-checked the Rich Text option in my preferences and nothing has changed. Still no buttons.

However... when I sign in using Firefox, all of the buttons are exactly where they should be. Firefox is not my browser of choice. I usually use Explorer until it starts acting crazy, at which point I switch to a different browser.

Is there any way to get the buttons back while using Explorer?

Last edited:
When I first signed in to the new board this past Sunday night (using IE11), all of the buttons for Bold, Underline, Italics, inserting links, Font colors, size, etc., etc., were there in the reply/text boxes. By Monday they were mysteriously gone. In fact, I am using IE11 right now, and there are no buttons or options for anything. If I wanted to make something bold, I'd have to use codes.

I have checked, unchecked and re-checked the Rich Text option in my preferences and nothing has changed. Still no buttons.

However... when I sign in using Firefox, all of the buttons are exactly where they should be. Firefox is not my browser of choice. I usually use Explorer until it starts acting crazy, at which point I switch to a different browser.

Is there any way to get the buttons back while using Explorer?

Hi Sherry,

Not sure why this is happening. I've checked IE 11 on two different machines, and I have the format bar. What theme are you currently using (you can check your theme by hovering over your username near the top left of the page, and select 'Preferences'). I've checked all the themes on mine, and the format bar appears on all of them.

I am having the same issue. I also cannot personalize my signature-no options other than typing in the box. The only time I have been able to use smilies, etc was for my first post or two and since then nothing is showing up for IE. I signed in on my iPad and everything is there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter