Mission Space with draminine?!?

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
I can usually ride roller coasters, but can't take the spinning tea cups. I want to ride Mission Space so badly, just for the fact I can't imagine not trying out at least once a new disney ride, but from reports I've read it doesn't sound too promising to me.
Just out of curiosity, has anyone seen anyone getting sick from the ride? Are there bathrooms near the exit? (Keep thinking here about the last time we were at WDW and they had to clean up a tea cup before they could load the next group which my daughter was in..... I was watching from outside the ride and thinking OK, please don't let my daughter pick that tea cup to sit in! LOL)
Anyway... I was thinking about maybe taking a draminine a hour or so before and then trying Mission space. Don't know if thsi will help? All I can remember is the time my hubby insisted I ride tea cups and I felt sick for HOURS after we got off. What are other with motion sickness gonna do?

We just got back from our Disney vacation on Wednesday night and I too couldn't wait to try Mission Space. I am not a roller coaster lover but do occasionally go on them with my young daughter and husband. We got a fastpass for this ride as the standby line was l-o-n-g and the whole time prior to our ride I had to convince my 13 year old that she would be fine and would love it. She's a thrill ride lover and was scared. Thankfully some people in line with us convinced her that it was fun and not scary. Anyhow, she did just fine and so did my husband...I on the other hand was miserable!!!!!!!!!! I could feel my stomach turning within 30 seconds of take-off. They keep telling you not to look around and just focus on the plasma screen in front of you and keep your head back; I did this and it didn't help - sorry. I don't know how the effects are created by they are awesome; you can feel the skin on your cheeks pulling back during take off. When it finally ended (about 2-3 minutes) I wobbled out of that very small capsule and headed straight outdoors where I sat down in a tiny shady spot near a trash can. Next to me was another young woman ready to "toss her cookies" and across was a man with a baby in a stroller and he was laying across the top of the stroller while pouring bottled water over his face - it was hot, hot, hot that day. I had some pretty intense nausea and a screeming headache for about an hour afterwards. We walked over to see "Honey I shrunk the Audience" that was good because I could sit down and be cool. Would I try it again? - no way!!!!!!!!! Am I glad I tried it once? you bet!! This ride is basically a simulator but with some extra punch to it. If you have any problems at all with motion sickness, I would stay the heck off it. But...for every sickey like me there were 100's of folks walking off and getting back in line so go figure. Good luck with your decision - may the force be with you :p

I don't ride teacups. I don't ride Body wars. I don't ride star tours. I love mission space! Just keep your head back and look straight ahead. You should have no problems. The takeoff is the best part.

I can't do spinning rides either. I took dramamine 1 hour before I went on and I was 100% fine afterwards! If you sit back and rest your head back and look directly at the screen, you will not feel any sort of spinning sensation. What you will feel is pressure on your whole body similar to what you feel when you take off on an airplane. I saw a few people getting sick but not all at the same time. I am going to write a complete ,detailed post about my experience on M:S. You might want to read it( it may ease your mind!)

I get nauseous on anything that spins, but with Bonine I rode Mission Space twice and felt no effects whatsoever. ;)

I just got back on August 18th. I do coasters but not the teacups or other spinning rides. I did Mission Space and was fine, I kept my head back and looked straight ahead. One of the woman I was with said she felt like she was pregnant and had morning sickness-she ate pretzels and was fine. There is a garbage can outside the ride exit and two people were hurling. (s0rry)

When you get a fast pass for other rides, it tells you to go to mission space to get one. That's what we did so we never had to wait. I don't know it I would do it again, but I am glad that I did it. Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter