Mixing Business with Disney: Who's attending Microsoft Ignite 2018?

I've seen that too, but an email also just says "unlimited drinks." One of those scenarios requires a taxi/uber and one does not. :rotfl2:
Last year was unlimited alcohol. I’ve heard that one per person reference that originally went out and was since removed meant that you’ll be served one drink at a time but can go back for more. I’d be very surprised to see them put a limit of one drink per person the entire night. Last year you couldn’t walk more than a few feet without running into another table where they were handing out beers.

I've seen that too, but an email also just says "unlimited drinks." One of those scenarios requires a taxi/uber and one does not. :rotfl2:
Also, it’s safe to assume Microsoft will run shuttle busses to and from Universal and the official conference hotels on Thursday night. So as long as you don’t go to Citywak for an after party there will be a bus back to the hotels up until 12am.

I asked Ignite on Facebook messenger if they were doing discount tickets and they replied:

"We are currently researching the answer to this and we will be in touch soon! Thanks!"

Any one driving down? I will be driving down from Wisconsin for Ignite 2018 and at fort wilderness Wife will fly in with the kid on Thursday night and then a week with the mouse.

Just got notice Hubs is IN for the Envision/Ignite....he was able to get a companion pass for the party :love2:Off to get airline tickets and will keep watching for discounted park tix!!

Just got notice Hubs is IN for the Envision/Ignite....he was able to get a companion pass for the party :love2:Off to get airline tickets and will keep watching for discounted park tix!!
Hoping to see some discounts to the the parks too.. Both Disney and Universal. I would not mind hitting some parks before and after the conference.. I am there Saturday through Saturday.

I found this

https://www.mydisneygroup.com/omnicg/tickets--more#Theme-Park-Tickets

Not necessarily Microsoft linked, but at least there is something out there

I found that one recently too.. When I was there in 2012 they had a better discount than what was generally available for conference attendees but was specific to the Microsoft one. Also, there was a one day option for the Friday for Universal that was DIRT cheap.

I am hoping/thinking of hitting Mickey's party on Tuesday.. and maybe on Friday another day at Universal..

Still need CFO (wife) approval.

My husband asked if the kids and I wanted to do Disney while he was at Ignite and like an idiot I said no. I said either we should do the parks together as a family or not at all...and now I am missing out on the Universal party :sad: I have never been to Universal but I am a huge Harry Potter fan. We've only done Disney and I am about to turn green with envy that he'll be at the Ignite party.

I'm not mean enough to remind him that we either do it together or not at all but MAN do I wish I was going!!! I went with him to the Las Vegas IOD conference twice, for the big party it was a catered concert. We saw Barenaked Ladies one year and Maroon 5 another. Microsoft knows how to throw a great party. For everyone that's going, have an amazing time - I'll be wishing I was there!!!

My husband asked if the kids and I wanted to do Disney while he was at Ignite and like an idiot I said no. I said either we should do the parks together as a family or not at all...and now I am missing out on the Universal party :sad: I have never been to Universal but I am a huge Harry Potter fan. We've only done Disney and I am about to turn green with envy that he'll be at the Ignite party.

I'm not mean enough to remind him that we either do it together or not at all but MAN do I wish I was going!!! I went with him to the Las Vegas IOD conference twice, for the big party it was a catered concert. We saw Barenaked Ladies one year and Maroon 5 another. Microsoft knows how to throw a great party. For everyone that's going, have an amazing time - I'll be wishing I was there!!!
If my wife was on the boards she would probably have the same avatar as you. She is a huge lady and the tramp fan. I had a customer cake made for our 20th anniversary at Cinderella’s royal table :)

If my wife was on the boards she would probably have the same avatar as you. She is a huge lady and the tramp fan. I had a customer cake made for our 20th anniversary at Cinderella’s royal table :)
That is awesome & so romantic! I have always loved Lady. A few years ago my husband bought me a cavalier puppy so now I have a perfectly beautiful little lady in my life!

Which of course are the same discounts available all the time to anyone.

Sorry, I just saw the 1 day after 1 PM or after 5 PM for convention attendees and thought that was something special. I guess not. Thanks for setting me straight.

Last edited:
Sorry, I just saw the 1 day after 1 PM or after 5 PM for convention attendees and thought that was something special. I guess not. Thanks for setting me straight.

So does that mean there will be a different discount released for Microsoft Ignite? Or is this all we can use?

So does that mean there will be a different discount released for Microsoft Ignite? Or is this all we can use?

I’m guessing that’s all that there will be. That was a direct message from Microsoft Ignite when I messaged them on Facebook. I went ahead and got my wife and daughter Universal tickets and the three of us a one day after 1 PM ticket

But I could be wrong!

Excellent, I just received an email from Microsoft. There will be a badge pickup location at the Orlando Airport when I fly in on Sunday. Very convenient.

Orlando International Airport (MCO) - Located near Baggage Claim in Terminals A & B.
Saturday, Sept. 22 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sunday, Sept. 23 9:00 AM - 11:00 PM

Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) - Located at OCCC West Level 1.
Additional locations available at OCCC South on Monday, Sept. 24.

Sunday, Sept. 23 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Monday, Sept. 24 7:00 AM - 7:30 PM
Tuesday, Sept. 25 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Wednesday, Sept. 26 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Thursday, Sept. 27 7:30 AM - 5:15 PM
Friday, Sept. 28 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM

Hyatt Regency Orlando - Located on the Convention Level.
Saturday, Sept. 22 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Sunday, Sept. 23 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Monday, Sept. 24 7:00 AM - 7:30 PM
Tuesday, Sept. 25 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Wednesday, Sept. 26 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Thursday, Sept. 27 7:30 AM - 5:15 PM
Friday, Sept. 28 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!