MK closing at 6pm on 2/12?

LSUmiss

DIS Veteran
Anyone know why MK is closing at 6pm on 2/12/18? I know there can be all kinds of reasons but wondering if anyone actually knew.

Hours posted that far out are seldom reliable. I've learned to assume they are a minimum set of hours that often expand.

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - a separately ticketed event - starts at 7:00 pm. The 6:00 pm closing time is to start herding all of the non-ticket holders out of the park.

It occurs 4 out of 7 nights per week in second half of November and all of December.

ETA - I assume you mean 2017, 12/2018 hours are not out yet

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - a separately ticketed event - starts at 7:00 pm. The 6:00 pm closing time is to start herding all of the non-ticket holders out of the park.

It occurs 4 out of 7 nights per week in second half of November and all of December.

On February 12, 2018?

Lol! Yeah I know they're usually not reliable this early & just came out. But, the rest of the days are like 8pm or later. That Monday is the only day it's 6pm. We'll see I guess!

Anyone know why MK is closing at 6pm on 2/12/18? I know there can be all kinds of reasons but wondering if anyone actually knew.

I am probably wrong but I am assuming it is for Mickey's Lundi Gras celebration!

Geaux Tigers!

I was wondering that too, as we were planning to watch Happily Ever After that evening so have had to change our days around... Given that this is an oddity, with park hours posting 8pm close or later on all the preceding and following nights, I guess that it is either a private event that night or that there might be an after hours event planned that has not yet been announced?

I like the idea of Lundi Gras though...! Haha!

I was wondering that too, as we were planning to watch Happily Ever After that evening so have had to change our days around... Given that this is an oddity, with park hours posting 8pm close or later on all the preceding and following nights, I guess that it is either a private event that night or that there might be an after hours event planned that has not yet been announced?

I like the idea of Lundi Gras though...! Haha!
That's what I was thinking. Was hoping for an after hours event, but last yr it was held after park closing. They didn't close the park early.

UCA Cheer Nationals are that weekend. There is usually a private event for that. Although it has been at DHS in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter