MK experts- need help! Sat or Sun?

maureenk

Earning My Ears
We're taking our kids for the first time to the MK the first weekend in March. Which is a better day to go, Sat or Sun? We're only going for one day so want to make the most of it. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Forgot to mention that we are staying off site, so we won't have the advantage of EE. Thanks!

Any time I've been there (May, October or December) Saturdays have been the WORST for MK. Always much more crowded than during the week. Than again, I think Sunday is an early entry day, so can you stay til monday or arrive friday? ;)

Good luck...

We went the week after Christmas, so every day was crowded but on the days that were not EE days we could get things done. You have to get there when the park opens, no later, and then for the first hour or two you should be able to walk onto the rides. We went on a Thursday which was EE day and we were off site, it was miserable. At least if you go on Saturday you are on a level playing field with all guests going to the park. You can arrive when it opens and no one else is there and you can be among the first to start a line. If you go on an Early Entry Day you'll arrive to find lines (big ones) already formed. Have a great day at MK.

Well, if I had to choose between Saturday and Sunday which is the EE day, I choose Sunday regardless of EE day!

EVERY time I go on a Saturday it's crazy insane.

EVERY time I've gone on a Sunday it's managable. We went right when EE started again last October on a Sunday morning. It was fine and we got SO much accomplished before 12:00 p. Even after 12:00p we did the mountains and the parade and then went and did some more rides. Never ran into a problem especially if you use Fastpass for the mountains and go do Alladin or something else while you wait for your time to come!

Another vote for Sunday - even though it's an EE day I think it will be less crowded than Saturday. Before it was an EE day it was one of the least crowded days at MK because most people use it as a travel day.

I vote for Sunday, too. I have been on Saturdays in March, September, and this January 18th. All have been miserable, can't hardly get down Main Street, 60 minute wait for Dumbo type days. I will never, ever willingly do MK on a Saturday again!

Not sure about your children's ages -- if they are small this may not matter -- but you might want to check park hours and parade schedules. MK is usually open later Saturday and Spectro Magic is shown then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter