MLK weekend

JLitfin

love Disney
We'll be at WDW over MLK weekend and plan to go to the MK on Sunday, Jan. 20th, the day before the holiday. Can anyone tell me how the crowds are going to be over this weekend? Should I change my plans and go to the MK another day during the week, we will be there till Friday, Jan 25th.

Avoid the restaurants in the Dolphin, Swan, Yacht Club and possibly Boardwalk areas. Large IBM tech group (Lotusphere) will begin arriving Friday, 1/18, for social and golf events on 1/19. The conference begins on Sunday, 1/20, and hotel areas will remain crowded through Thursday, 1/24.

Pasting a comment from another thread on "January 2008" events:
Every year during MLK weekend the College National Cheerleaders are there. My DD is one of them and let me tell you they are not roudy. Yes I know the popwarner and high school cheerleaders are roudy I already read all of the other posts but don't forget there are also so many other sports there at this time of year. We saw baseball players and soccer players as well. Also the disney resorts were booked because of conventions during this time. It isn't as crowded as Dec or April but it was a little crowded during the week of Jan 12-21.

Avoid the restaurants in the Dolphin, Swan, Yacht Club and possibly Boardwalk areas. Large IBM tech group (Lotusphere) will begin arriving Friday, 1/18, for social and golf events on 1/19. The conference begins on Sunday, 1/20, and hotel areas will remain crowded through Thursday, 1/24.

So, we're safe to go to Fresh on Friday, 1/24?..........:lmao: Actually, I'm very grateful to you for letting me know about the tech invasion.:thanks: We'll be in BWV during that time and your info helps. :goodvibes

We've been to WDW over the MLK holiday the last 3 years. I found the Saturday before the holiday to be very busy, but other than that, not too crowded.

We are also hoping to be there that weekend if my dd's team makes it to World Championships for the 3v3 Soccer at Disney's Wide World of Sports. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter