MMRR opening day + ROTR boarding group process - Speculation

Iowamomof4

DIS Veteran
I didn't want to clutter the ROTR boarding group thread, so decided to create a new post for this discussion.

What might happen for opening day of MMRR? Ordinarily, with the opening of a new ride like this, they might open the park early and start up the ride right away. However, with the boarding group process having settled to where it does not open until stated park opening, it seems like opening MMRR early won't be an option.

What do you think they'll do? Open the ride at 8:02 (or whatever time) the same way every other ride opens at DHS? Definitely going to be a madhouse that day no matter what - at least that's what I would expect. I'm wondering if the rope drop lines for MMRR will potentially make it difficult to move to other areas of the park or if there's just plenty of room right around the Chinese Theater to hold everyone who will be lining up that day. I presume subsequent days won't be near as bad (kind of like day 1 of TSL vs. days after that). And maybe all of this is one reason they cut the Star Wars stage show. Having the stage out of the way definitely clears some real estate in an area that will soon be mobbed more than usual, at least for awhile. I know the stage show was primarily cut to save money and potentially shift things into Galaxy's Edge (which also goes to my point of clearing real estate in front of the theater).

Is Frozen Ever After the last ride they opened new that wasn't part of an entire new land? I don't recall how opening day for that one went down regarding whether they opened it early or not or anything like that.

I'll just be watching all of this with fascination from my home in Iowa, but I know others will be living the dream (nightmare?) in Florida!

Opening MMRR early could always happen, just BG won't open until official opening time. It's up to the guest to decide if they want to be in the queue or in the ride while that happens
Yes the Frozen Sing Along was the last thing they opened that wasn't tied to a land That is a show and had set showtimes

I'm curious about MMRR regarding rope drop. I'm not going until 3/6, so two days after open so still I'm sure a tad crazy. Wasn't able to get a FP (naturally), but if I was planning to arrive around 6:30 for 8 a.m. opening for RotR BG, should I get there even earlier? Obviously I don't want to incidentally miss getting my own BG cause I'm on MMRR if it opens early. I'm going to be intrigued to see what MMRR does do...but I agree that I would be surprised if they changed the BG process all over given past two months.

Opening MMRR early could always happen, just BG won't open until official opening time. It's up to the guest to decide if they want to be in the queue or in the ride while that happens
Yes the Frozen Sing Along was the last thing they opened that wasn't tied to a land That is a show and had set showtimes

I was actually thinking of FEA at Epcot.

I'm curious about MMRR regarding rope drop. I'm not going until 3/6, so two days after open so still I'm sure a tad crazy. Wasn't able to get a FP (naturally), but if I was planning to arrive around 6:30 for 8 a.m. opening for RotR BG, should I get there even earlier? Obviously I don't want to incidentally miss getting my own BG cause I'm on MMRR if it opens early. I'm going to be intrigued to see what MMRR does do...but I agree that I would be surprised if they changed the BG process all over given past two months.
They won't change the bg process because of mmrr

Good. I just am more curious about the MMRR process, if it'll likely open at 8 or earlier and wonder if I should get there at like...6 for rope drop. I have a FP for MFSR so I can forego rope dropping it, but my FP won't cover MMRR (it's a multi-experience FP). So just trying to figure out MMRR. Hmmm

I hope not. I've been afraid that RotR would change to FP in march, and all my preparation would be for nothing.
I did get a FP for MMRR for another day, but my main concern is RotR.

I could see them opening early like the sometimes do for new attractions, especially if the crowd outside the gates is very heavy. I agree with @yulilin3, I think BG will be business as usual if they do this, and if you're inside the building with poor reception or on MMRR at official opening time, that's a choice you (general you) made.

I think they would probably rather have as safe and orderly of an opening as they possibly can, than be sticklers with opening time because of the BG procedure, especially because of the location of MMRR and how crowd spilling out may mix with the regular BG crowd. I'm interested to see how many people MMRR will draw above DHS' now very large regular opening crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter