My kids are not big costume people. But they like Halloween and the candy of course. Will it be weird for them to trick or treat without costumes? They are 13, 11, 9.

We just bought our tickets for September 24th and I'm so excited! It will just be myself and my 4-year old, my husband will be staying home with our toddler and I'm looking forward to some time on my own with him. We took him two years ago when he was almost 3, and he only made it to 9pm before falling asleep. I'm hoping he lasts a little longer this year!

Now to decide on costumes!

Anyway, about this Kenny the Pirate MNSSHP webinar - as a first timer, is this something I should do? Will he be updating what happened at the first party, which characters are there and where they are located, etc? I was wondering if this was a must do for party strategizing.

Last year he didn't mention every character because he offers a paid subscription called "Character Locator". If this is your first party why not? It's free and fun! And if you can't commit to the time on that day there is this from 2016 (which by the way their info is a bit off):

1) One of the “Cheap” tickets actually lands on September 24th it’s also the last discount available for Cast members, Military, DVD & AP Holders, this day was crazy packed and it too sold out.

2) Halloween Night was not the ONLY party to sell out. This can be confirmed by visiting Touring Plans… http://blog.touringplans.com/2017/05/12/find-least-crowded-halloween-party-2017/

3) Lining up for Character’s will vary from a non-sold out party, almost sold out party and a sold out party. Many of us have given a lot of advice on this based on your dates if one was provided.

4) Caution about those Party Fastpasses: the times they have listed did not work last year. According to this video they list FP times for 4-5, 5-6 and 6-7pm in our experience any FP booked past 6:30 were cancelled.

5) They recommend Trick or Treating between 7-9pm this time frame will not work if you plan to see the 9:15 pm Boo To You Parade and watch those lines, they do build.

6) The Hocus Pocus hours are as follows:
**Aug & Sept. 8:15 p.m., 10:45 p.m. and 12:00 a.m.
**Oct & Nov 7:40 p.m., 8:35 p.m., 10:45 p.m. 12:00 a.m
Duration: 20 Minutes
Just be sure you use the correct time on your itinerary.

Again this information was from 2016. :-)

Last edited:
Hi! Our Halloween party day is October 5th and this is our first trip! So I'm struggling a bit with how to structure our itinerary and how to best fit everything in :) It will be myself, my husband, and our 4 year old daughter. Priorities are definitely the 7 Dwarfs, parade, hocus pocus show, fireworks, Haunted Mansion, and magic shots.

So far this is how our day is looking (we are using park tickets on our party day)...

10:45am Chef Mickey's
12:10-1:10 FP Talking Mickey
Tinkerbell (depending on wait time)
2:50-3:50 FP Big Thunder Mountain
4:00-5:00 FP Enchanted Tales with Belle (trying to fit this in on another day)
4:30 Get wristbands and get in line for 7 Dwarfs while one of us goes to grab dinner to go
Haunted Mansion
Magic shots

After that I'm not sure the best way to structure the rest as far as order and times. Is it best to head to Main Street and stay there to do parade, hocus pocus, and fireworks? With a 4 year old, we're thinking 8:15 Hocus Pocus, 9:15 parade, and then fireworks at 10. I worry about to much of being in one place and waiting for a 4 year old. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:

disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/08/country-bear-sorcerers-of-the-magic-kingdom-card-to-be-released-at-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/?CMP=SOC-DPFY17Q4wo81782320170022C

We have a card!

Thanks buddy!!! Post #4 has been updated! That's one off our list!

EDIT: Did you all notice the new requirement:
You must register to play with your party tickets and event wrist band to get a card.

Last edited:

You must register to play with your party tickets and event wrist band to get a card.

I saw the Disney Parks Blog info pop up on my phone via a twitter notification and I went straight to the MNSSHP threads. I was in the middle of a clothes shop as well. (Checking out the new release of Harry Potter stuff in Primark, my local store didn't have the best mix of things. I saw the Beauty and the Beast Rose cup though, the Primark one does not appear to light up).

I have not watched Country Bear's yet so I will have to make sure I do this trip.

I've never played, but I like to get the card as a keep sake. What does it mean we have to register to play?

Instead of them just handing it to you, you're required to go inside the firehouse. It's been years since I last played but I think they scan your Magic Band or Party Ticket for confirmation then they hand you the card and a pack of cards. They still may mark your party wristband with a black magic marker though I wouldn't see why.

This is going to be crazy if they do in fact make you register. The line will be long, very long! :crazy2:

If it rains, do you think there will be an alternate location for 7 dwarves?

I don't know. I remember last year when it rained someone posted they went to see Gaston & Belle and luckily a CM walked her over to a new very hidden location. Can someone else chime in? Thanks!
This is a great question for the main board since so many are there now. :-)

Instead of them just handing it to you, you're required to go inside the firehouse. It's been years since I last played but I think they scan your Magic Band or Party Ticket for confirmation then they hand you the card and a pack of cards. They still may mark your party wristband with a black magic marker though I wouldn't see why.

This is going to be crazy if they do in fact make you register. The line will be long, very long! :crazy2:
We play and definitely want our cards! It's going to make the lines super long! Even with just a family or two ahead of us, it takes forever, because they have to scan everyone's band, etc.

I wonder if they are trying to discourage people that don't play but sell their cards on eBay?

This is actally how it used to be when i first started doing the parties. You need you key card and its all based into your magicband so if you dont have one or have not yet started your quest again you have to wait to reactivate it or set a new start point if possible

This is actally how it used to be when i first started doing the parties. You need you key card and its all based into your magicband so if you dont have one or have not yet started your quest again you have to wait to reactivate it or set a new start point if possible

Thanks this all sounds so familiar. My son plays when we go but I haven't for a while.
He's in the kitchen baking brownies!!! :scared1: YUM!!!

We play and definitely want our cards! It's going to make the lines super long! Even with just a family or two ahead of us, it takes forever, because they have to scan everyone's band, etc.

I wonder if they are trying to discourage people that don't play but sell their cards on eBay?

Good Point! I wonder if they ran out of cards during a party and this was the best way to prevent it from happening again!

We are planning on going to Disney World Tues Oct 17 and leaving Sat Oct 21 on the Disney Fantasy.

Right now we plan on doing MNSSHP on Tues Oct 17th. We will be driving down from Jacksonville, FL on that day and it should take about 2.5hours. Our thoughts are if we leave around 10am we will be in town by 1pm and hopefully be able to check into our hotel (Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista) in the Disney Springs Resort Area.

We would like to go over to Disney Springs and take the bus over to Magic Kingdom. How long should we plan for that to take? I was thinking 1h - 1.5h.

2:00-3:30 Travel to Magic Kingdom
4:00 Enter for the MNSSHP

Staying offsite we will not be able to get our Fast Passes until Sept 17th but we will try for three between 4pm and 7pm concentrating on the rides that will be closed during the party. It will just be my husband and I. We do lots of character pics on DCL so are not real interested in characters at the party. Our main interest will be riding the rides as this will be our only Magic Kingdom day. We would not mind doing some trick or treating and probably want to see the 2nd parade.

10:00-10:45 HalloWishes Fireworks
10:45-11:45 Boo to You Parade

And last but not least do you think the buses will continue to run to Disney Springs after the MNSSHP so we can get back to our hotel area.

Thanks,
Michelle

And remenber it's ONE pack of cards per day. So if your park tickets and party tickets are linked to the same profile in your MDE account you only get one pack per person, per day. ::yes::

Last edited:
Hi! Our Halloween party day is October 5th and this is our first trip!

We are planning on going to Disney World Tues Oct 17 and leaving Sat Oct 21 on the Disney Fantasy.

This thread has a wealth of information in it. I cannot stress enough how important it is for you to read through its pages. Yes, it's 38 pages, but the reality is half of it is news and articles that may impact your visit. It also includes itineraries of fellow DISers and recommendations. Please take the time to research, spending a few grand cannot be easy on anyone's budget. Thank you and :welcome: to the party! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter