MNSSHP for adults only?

CJK

DIS Veteran
Dh and I just bought MNSSHP tickets for our upcoming trip and truthfully, I'm starting to second-guess our decision. Will we feel out of place being there without children? I've got a big sweet tooth too - but will it be embarrassing trick-or-treating by ourselves? Could someone post their adult only experiences with MNSSHP? Thanks so much.....

I would like to know this too. We will be a party of 6 adults, no children, going to MNSSHP on 10/29.

I went solo last year and loved it. Wish I could go again this year.

Loved the parade and the short wait for rides, and there isn't anything like the atmosphere at MK after dark.

I went with a friend last year (friend of the family - He was 38 and I was nearly 52 at the time). We had a FANTASTIC time! We started with character dining at LTT, did most of the trick-or-treat stations and most of the open attractions (got SOAKED on Splash Mtn. and there was only one other couple on it at the time - zero line!), watched the Headless Horseman and the parade, saw the various special shows, went on the Riverboat, wandered around the park to soak up the Halloween atmosphere - did Haunted Mansion twice. It was a blast!

You are only as old as you feel. If you have a youthful attitude and enjoy Halloween in general, you will have no problem with being adult at MNSSHP. :crazy:

Dean & Nancy
with no kids at MNSSHP on october 20th

We love halloween and it will be a blast
I hear that the people with kids tend to leave earlier...
we will stay until they kick us out.

We love the parks at midnight.

DH and I are going Oct 28. We've never been before, but I'm sure we'll have a blast!

DH & I are going for the first time. Our tickets are for October 26th! Halloween is my favorite holiday and we can't wait to enjoy at WDW! Not to mention the Food & Wine Festival too!:tongue:

My DBF and I are going on Oct 3rd. I know that I'm really looking forward to the parades and trick-or-treating ... I haven't done that in many, many, many years :rotfl:

This will be my our 1st trip to WDW without the kids and we are looking forward to going to the 10/31 MNSSHP. We are dressing up too.

DH, DMom, and I went last year on Halloween, and it was great. Mom says she never went Trick or Treating in her life before, and she left the park with a full treat bag. We enjoyed ourselves very much, I treasure the picture souvenir!

DH and I are going again, Oct. 3rd!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Bobbi

I am still attending MNSSHP on <B>Thursday the 28th</B> and have a PS for 2 adults at Liberty Tree Tavern, but it looks like I'll be solo since my nephew can't make it that evening and I haven't found anyone who can join me. If anyone solo that day is interested in dining at LTT, just let me know. The PS is for 5:05 dinner, so if you are in the park already but not attending MNSSHP, that would work also.

In addition, my (grown) nephew had me get tickets for us for <B>Sunday the 24th</B>. We will be dining at O'Hana at the Polynesian Resort prior to the party. So now I will be at MNSSHP twice in one week!

I think it's great to see adults in costume for the event, and kids seem to like it. I will probably save my Gadget Hackwrench costume for the 28th, because my nephew says he will either be Phantom of the Opera again or a Star Wars character.

BELOW: In any case, I do NOT plan to wear this dress again that adds at least 20 pounds to my appearance! Whoa!
dscn2518.jpg

But you see, <I>adults without children</I> CAN have a great time at MNSSHP! :teeth: Are any other adults here planning to go in costume?

This is our third time going to this, and we love it.....Don't miss the
headless horseman ride at the beginning of the parade.
We are 39 & 45 yrs old.

:jester:

It's good to know that I'm not the only "big" kid that will be there.
DH and I will be there on the 20th.

See ya there:wave2:

There was four of us adults last year and me and my friend trick or treated every chance that we could. We weren't in costume..just a pair of jeans and a sweat shirt and we had so much fun. There are other adults that trick or treat without kids so don't feel ackward about it cuz we did and had a blast.

My first trip to WDW for MNSSHP was with a group of 8 late 20-something adults. We dressed up in various costumes, but the majority (5) of us were characters from Alice in Wonderland -- It was a great trip.

My second trip was with my Mom. She and I didn't dress up for this trip, but we still had a great time.

My third trip was with Mom again. This time she went as Mrs. Potts and I went as Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. We had a blast. Kids were waving and shouting to Mrs. Potts all night. The cast were playing along and the characters who were dressed up in their Halloween costumes all made a big deal of ours.

I *highly* recommend dressing up. It's a ton of fun :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter