MNSSHP for adults?

jamdisney

Earning My Ears
I'm planning a trip with DH and one of my adult DDs and her husband. We're going at the end of August and I just realized that the Not-So-Scary Halloween party actually has a few nights that month. We've done a lot of Disney and always go during the summer (I'm a teacher) and this isn't something that we've experienced before. Is the party worth the price if it's an adults-only trip? Do adults trick-or-treat? I don't see us dressing up except possibly wearing themed t-shirts. I'd love to hear from others with their thoughts on whether we should try to include this in our trip.

DW and I did the MNSSHP one year on a non-Disney trip to Orlando. We did other attractions in the city and went to Disney just for the party 4-12. We wore Halloween themed clothes--not really a costume, but we felt dressed for the party and several people commented on our matching Great Pumpkin shirts. We did go through several trick or treating lines. DW took most of the candy for her treasure chest at school. The ride lines were very short. We enjoyed the parade and fireworks. Its amazing how cozy two pooh sized adults in a Dumbo can be. I am very pleased that we did it. I will always cherish the memories of that trip. Of course, at that time everything was much less expensive, and a party ticket was much cheaper than a regular ticket.

Last edited:

My DFi and I had a great time at MNSSHP! We weren't in costume, but went along the trick-or-treat lines multiple times and had no strange looks from CMs or other party goers and were able to pretty much walk onto most rides the whole night. The fireworks alone were worth the ticket price! It's a really fun evening, so don't be put off going!

Hi!
There's a great thread with lots of information. Yes, adults absolutely trick or treat! And the CMs really love it when the guests are into it.
My late DH and I were Pongo and Perdita and during the Villain meet and greet, we got down on our knees and begged Cruella to return our puppies.
She admired our pelts, cough, cough, coats and said she knew nothing about adorable puppies. The handlers were bent over in laughter. It was quite a sight!
Duringthe parade, we stood in the back due to my late DH being 6'3". When Cruella went by we hissed and booed and she pointed to us and called us terrible parents for losing our beautiful puppies. Then Jasper showered us with candy.

Post or pm me if you have any questions.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/first-solo-trip-first-mnsshp.3599453/

Thanks everyone! I mentioned it to my DD last night and she's excited that we'll get to experience the party and I'm reassured that we'll fit in after reading your responses. FoxC63, I'll definitely be following your thread. One more question: Does anyone know if there are any military discounted tickets for the party dates in August? I've been to a few sites and can't seem to find that information.

Thanks everyone! I mentioned it to my DD last night and she's excited that we'll get to experience the party and I'm reassured that we'll fit in after reading your responses. FoxC63, I'll definitely be following your thread. One more question: Does anyone know if there are any military discounted tickets for the party dates in August? I've been to a few sites and can't seem to find that information.
There are military discount tickets to the Halloween party for August 25 and 29. :)

I have attended as a solo and with a groups of adults only. I always wear a costume- part of the fun. Even if you do something easy like Mouse ears and a tshirt with your name, cast members will compliment you. Plus it is fun to get character pics when you are a character too!

My husband and I went last September and really enjoyed it. Low waits for rides and food, and the show and parade were great. The fireworks ended up being over an hour late due to lightning... we bailed before they finally did them. But overall it was a great time! :)

My husband and I went last September and really enjoyed it. Low waits for rides and food, and the show and parade were great. The fireworks ended up being over an hour late due to lightning... we bailed before they finally did them. But overall it was a great time! :)

Was this the early Sept. party?

My FH and I went in the beginning of October last year and absolutely loved it!! It's worth the money to see the different characters, Sanderson sisters show, Halloween fireworks, and the lower wait times for rides. We had a blast and plan on going next October during our Honeymoon. Have a great time!!

UGH! I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner! Yes there are Military Discounts, AP and DVC available.
Military Ticket Prices*
August 25 & 29 - Adult $53.25, Child $49.75
September 1, 7, 10, 12, 17 & 24 - Adult $53.25, Child $49.75

Annual Passholder Advance Pricing & Disney Vacation Club Advance Pricing

August 25 & 29 - Adult: $69 + tax, Child: $64 + tax
September 1, 7, 10, 12, 17 & 24 - Adult: $69 + tax, Child: $64 + tax
September 19 & 26 - Adult: $73 + tax, Child: $68 + tax
September 15, 22 & 29 - Adult: $79 + tax, Child: $74 + tax
October 1 - Adult: $79 + tax, Child: $74 + tax
October 3, 5, 9, 10, 12, 15, 17 & 19 - Adult: $89 + tax, Child: $84 + tax

Wife and I went last year. It was a BLAST!!! I think it can be even more fun with out kids! We trick or treated, danced, watched everything. There was so much detail. We are going again this year. Totally worth the price. I think it can be argued that this is even more fun than MVMCP! We are planning costumes now!

Wife and I went last year. It was a BLAST!!! I think it can be even more fun with out kids! We trick or treated, danced, watched everything. There was so much detail. We are going again this year. Totally worth the price. I think it can be argued that this is even more fun than MVMCP! We are planning costumes now!

What are your dates this year? Costumes?popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!