Modify or cancel to upgrade?

DianaMB333

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Hi.. I have a split stay booking, and want to do a change of dates ans resorts that require a different combination of points (current resort 1: 70 pts, resort 2: 130pts)... -no more points available-...
the new desired booking would be: resort 1: 100pts, resort 2: 200 pts)... what is the best way to complete the change? Cancelling current ones? (Fear of losing without having the new), calling MS ? (Fear of losing the 7mtns window availability) ... LOL... a world of possibilities and fears heheheh

It appears you may have 100 points to use (possibly by borrowing) in addition to the ones already in the reservations, i.e., another 100 points is needed to make the new reservations. In that case, if you want to modify at 7 months out, you can modify one of the reservations online and then modify the other. Just be aware that, if you can do the first modification, there is no guarantee the modification you want to make for the second reservation will still be available when you try to do it after doing the first change.

Last edited:
I would just do the modify feature if you are pulling in borrowed points to complete it as you will be using 100 more points.

What I might do is modify the one you want more just in case you can’t get the other one right away.

There really is no need to cancel since that’s the benefit of the modify feature...you don’t lose what you have while you try for the other!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter