Modifying is up and working on DVC website

m8r

Earning My Ears
Just wanted to let everyone know that I was able to modify an existing reservation this morning on DVC's website. It allowed me to change where I was staying without having to cancel first reservations until I booked the second one.

I'm too scared to modify the dates or resort on an existing reservation (had a hard enough time getting what I needed in the first place), but I was able to add a guest to two different reservations without issue and that saved me a phone call (which is always nice :D)

Just wanted to let everyone know that I was able to modify an existing reservation this morning on DVC's website. It allowed me to change where I was staying without having to cancel first reservations until I booked the second one.

Will this also work if you don't have enough points for the second 'replacement' reservation, i.e., you need the points from the 1st to cover the 2nd?

I use it 2 days ago to add names to 2 ressies, not problem. I just couldn't take a name off.

Will this also work if you don't have enough points for the second 'replacement' reservation, i.e., you need the points from the 1st to cover the 2nd?
Yes. You would be modifying that first reservation, so the points from it would be used first before the second reservation is confirmed.

That really is great. If Disney wants people to be able to get the most use out of their DVC points, then the ability to shift your points from one reservation to another reservation would only make good sense. There used to be a workaround to do this but the workaround no longer works. Calling member services is fine when they are open, but they’re not always open and sometimes new changes appear And then I will go on before they open. So thank you very much for telling us about this and kudos to Disney. I hope they keep it up.

So if I have a longer stay than can initially book I can get on and just add a day everyday without calling now, right?

Used it earlier today to change room category and dates for an upcoming trip. No need to borrow points. What it does is simply hold the first one until you complete the second one and it changes the first reservation to the new one while eliminating the old one and uses the same points and any extra points from your account if needed. It eliminates the need for the "two browser" method in making a change at 7 months out, which two browser method actually no longer works.

So if I have a longer stay than can initially book I can get on and just add a day everyday without calling now, right?

You could have done that before... For me their systems have always caught multiple reservations in a row (same resort same room type) and clumped them together. Others call or email later on once it's all done. But you could have booked those days as you went online...

You could have done that before... For me their systems have always caught multiple reservations in a row (same resort same room type) and clumped them together. Others call or email later on once it's all done. But you could have booked those days as you went online...

You couldn't do that previously. You would have had to have waited until the 11 month day for the extra days rather than being able to add on prior to 11 months at the tail end of a reservation.

You couldn't do that previously. You would have had to have waited until the 11 month day for the extra days rather than being able to add on prior to 11 months at the tail end of a reservation.

All he said was "So if I have a longer stay than can initially book I can get on and just add a day everyday without calling now, right?".

He gave no timing for when he was going to add the days. And I answered based on MY understanding of his question.

I've seen many people post about thinking they needed to call to book more days, thinking that's how they had to do it no matter what the timing was.

All he said was "So if I have a longer stay than can initially book I can get on and just add a day everyday without calling now, right?".

He gave no timing for when he was going to add the days. And I answered based on MY understanding of his question.

I've seen many people post about thinking they needed to call to book more days, thinking that's how they had to do it no matter what the timing was.

The only time they would have the max (longer than they can initially book) would be at 11 or 7 months. If they were not at those dates they could book the full stay at once and not need to add one day at a time.

So, I want to be absolutely clear: Say that right at the 7 month window, I book 5 days, which now extend 'past' the window. Then, the next day, I decide to add two more days. Those two days are 'outside' the window, so I couldn't usually get them without calling Member Services. But now I could just go in and 'modify' my reservation to include them, and I can pick them up with no problem?

So, I want to be absolutely clear: Say that right at the 7 month window, I book 5 days, which now extend 'past' the window. Then, the next day, I decide to add two more days. Those two days are 'outside' the window, so I couldn't usually get them without calling Member Services. But now I could just go in and 'modify' my reservation to include them, and I can pick them up with no problem?

That's how it 'should' be working if I understand correctly as well.

I made 7 night reservation two days ago and then was able to add the 8th night yesterday on the website with no problem. I just did a modification to have all 8 nights. I could have just waited one more day to book, but the first 7 nights of the reservation were more important to me than that last night which is a bonus day for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts