Mom Takes on Disney Solo...

So, they changed my flight times again. Not so bad on the trip there. It's only by about 45 minutes or so. However and this has me more irritated than anything, the return trip home has gotten moved ahead by almost 5 hours. Wahhhh...I can deal with getting there a little bit later, but leaving early makes me cry. LOL!! I know I shouldn't, but i wish they would stop changing the times up on me.

So, since I bought DVC I went ahead and bought an AP. And since I have another trip planned with my son in May, I just went ahead and reassigned the ticket to him and I got an AP.

Met with my friend from work today and we ironed out a lot of the plans that we are making for the trip. I'm scaling back a lot of the ADR's for the first week. Mostly because she is on a tight budget and we are going to do a lot of counter service meals that week. Then, the second week I have a lot of ADR's planned for. I've already told her that I'm going to be getting up early and if she doesn't want to she can meet me in the parks later. She's buying her tickets this week. Then next Tuesday is our Fastpass day.

I'm going to go and get a bunch of snacks and stuff from Sams Club and since she's driving down I'm going to have her bring it with her. Then we can have it while we are there. Buying water and all kinds of goodies.

I really need to stop asking myself how many times the airline can change the flight times. I'm starting to think that they are taking it as a challenge.

Got another email last week changing the time from 10:30 am to 8:30 am. Okay, no problem there. I'll take an early arrival time any day.

Okay, then this morning they sent me another email not only changing the time back to the original 5:15 pm time. Which again, I honestly don't mind. Last return times are a good thing. I just wish they would make up their minds. It's just a little annoying. Oh and the flight number has also changed for the return flight. I checked to make sure that I don't have to let DME know. They said I was fine, but that I could call Disney and ask them. I might wait to get a little closer since heaven knows it might change again....

And so it begins again. Sighs...my friend came into work today and I immediately knew that something was wrong. She came over to me and told me that she wasn't going to be able to go. They have apparently lost a lot of people at her other job and they need to hire new people. So, her boss told her that she couldn't go.

So now it's back to a solo trip. I'm really okay with that.Just a bit bummed out. Part of me was expecting it, but another part of me is still bummed out by it. Oh well. It will still be an amazing trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter