Mom's 70th Birthday:Surprise Trip To WDW

DISNEYSQUIRRELS

DIS Veteran
My mom is turning 70 in November & I am planning a surprise week at Disney.
I would love some suggestions about how to deliver this surprise.
Our family loves Disney & we have vacationed there many times over the years, my mom included, so no worries about it backfiring. I know she will be excited & I would like to deliver the news in some creative way-all suggestions appreciated.
Thanks for listening!

Surprise her by saying you're going on a road trip, and when you get to where you're going, tell her you're actually going to Disney for her 70th and then spill the details to her.

What an awesome surprise! How far in advance of your departure are you thinking of telling her of the plan? I only ask because it is easy to spring a trip as you are departing on children (as you do all the planning, packing and other details) but I imagine that timing would be much harder with adults. Most of us prefer to pack our own stuff, and could have things on our calendars which would require rescheduling. Not saying it can't be done, though.

You could say you want to take her out for dinner, then hand her a printout of a dining reservation. Or have a couple menus printed and say you'd like her to chose. What about a photo collage with pics from previous trips. You could make a few obvious blanks and label them "Happy Birthday" and the trip date.

Maybe wrap up a Disney t-shirt, or even do matching ones for your travel party, if you are into that kind of thing. It is so much fun seeing the families who have their own celebratory design. I only wish I had the time and creativity...

No matter how you serve up this surprise, i am sure it will be amazing and pixie dust will follow you all the way.

No one is too young at heart for a scavenger hunt, if you want to tell her in advance.

If you're looking to tell her right before, you could wrap a present and put a poem inside (I did this for my DD's 8th grade graduation). You could end it with "And we're leaving for our flight in an hour, so get packing!"

Thank you for these creative suggestions! My mom's birthday is November 14th & our trip dates are January 9th-16th. Here is how it will go down:
My daughter wrote a poem that will be written on a hand-held mirror that reads... Mirror, Mirror in my hand...It's your birthday & we've got something planned... Pack your bags & do it quickly ... We're off to see our good friend, Mickey!
My son has a countdown sign with the # of days until the trip & I will include our itinerary. We're also planning to order matching t-shirts to wear while we are there.
Thanks again!!

Today is the day! We (me, DS26 & DD15) will be telling my mom about her trip. I am weirdly nervous! Her birthday is 11/14, but next Friday (11/10) is FastPass day for us, so we need to let her in on the surprise early & this was the best day for everyone. We are so happy to be doing this for her since she cares & does so much for all of us:tinker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter