Mom's first maybe last trip to WDW

dwelty

"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney
My mom has been fighting Ovarian Cancer for about 2 years. She has been in and out of the hospital for the last year. She has always loved Disney since she visited Disneyland on opening day (Her dad worked on the park) She has shared the love of Disney with her kids thru yearly visits to Disneyland. My wife and I just bought into DVC and will be taking our first trip to Saratoga Springs the week before Christmas. We are bringing my Mom and Dad along with our kids 16,3, and 4 months. Mom has always wanted to visit WDW. Unfortunately mom is back in the hospital. Asking for your prayers that she will be able to leave for our trip on December 16th...

I am sending prayers that she is well enough to go to WDW that week before Christmas, it is so beautiful then..

Hang in there and let's hope that she recovers enough to make the trip. Hugs..

Dwelty, see my tag. I know where you all are. I've been there/am there. My very best wishes that she'll be able to share in Walt's vision at least one more time.

I am going to WDW in 11 days. We are calling it the "I Survived Cancer Victory Tour". I have a quarter I have in a silk bag. In the bag are tiny slips of paper with the names of all those who need comfort. That bag is going with me and when we get to the well by the castle I'm going to make a wish for all the name in the bags and drop the quarter in. I'd love to include her name. And anyone else's who could use the boost.

Prayers for your family!! Make sure you tell us about your trip!!

dwelty,

Sending prayers and pixie dust your way for your family and your mom. Here's hoping she can make the trip. :grouphug:

Shugardrawers - what a great idea! Mind if I steal it for my trip in mid-December?

escape said:
dwelty,

Sending prayers and pixie dust your way for your family and your mom. Here's hoping she can make the trip. :grouphug:

Shugardrawers - what a great idea! Mind if I steal it for my trip in mid-December?

Please do, it's not copyrighted :teeth:

dwelty, I am sending prayers for all of you. I hope you all get to make this trip.

Shugardrawers, that is a wonderful idea. I would love to be there when you do this. Can you get to the wishing well in MK. It was blocked off by the crane.

safetymom said:
dwelty, I am sending prayers for all of you. I hope you all get to make this trip.

Shugardrawers, that is a wonderful idea. I would love to be there when you do this. Can you get to the wishing well in MK. It was blocked off by the crane.

I have no idea :confused3 I didn't know it was blocked off. Is there an alternate place you can think of that people often throw coins? I would love for you to be there too.

Shugardrawers, please can you include my Tommy in your wishes.....you would love him, everyone does. You know the good cop/bad cop scenario, he is the good cop, I get to be the bad cop......

Update:

My Mom is out of the hospital! She is feeling much better. Please keep praying that she will feel this good on the 16th of December when we leave. Thanks to everyone for keeping her in your prayers.

I'm glad your mom was released and I wish you a joyful and memory-making trip at sucha magical time :hug:

Dwelty your family has my prayers and I wish you the best trip ever.

Shugar - what a wonderfully beautiful thing to do. You are probably at disney now but if the wishing well is blocked off then you may be able to toss the quarter in area under the bridge leading toward tomorrowland. If not there then the entrance fountain in Epcot.

Dwelty,

My most sincere thoughts and prayers are with you, your mom and the rest of your family. I am praying for you all to have the most magical and memorable trip ever!
:grouphug:

That is such wonderful news that your mom is feeling better! I went through a very similar situation earlier this year. When I found out my mom was already stage IV at diagnosis, I knew it was important for us to have a very special mother's day. We had such a wonderful time at the Poly and made wonderful memories that I will treasure always. I hope you are just as lucky. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter