Mom's Going to Disney and leaving the family at home! PTR

tammilynne

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! Big Disney fan here who is going on a solo (mostly solo) trip to Disney in July!!! I have friends who are going for work who asked me to road trip with them. They will be in conferences all day Monday - Friday so I will be solo in the parks! I told my husband and kids and asked their opinions and they all said GO! I am the big Disney fan in our family.. my kids and hubby just go along with the madness :)

Anyway, we are road tripping from Texas and driving straight through there and back ( 12 1/2-13 hr one way)
We leave home on Sunday and arrive late Sunday night - no plans for arrival day ..

Here are my plans as of now
Monday -Hollywood Studios - Toy Story Mania, Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, Muppet Vision, Frozen Sing Along, Star Wars Launch Bay and Little Mermaid Show. Thinking Starring Rolls for lunch (We have always done Sci Fi and I love it, but not sure how it would work solo??

Tuesday - Magic Kingdom -- Space Mountain, Buzz Space Ranger Spin, Peter Pan's Flight, Haunted Mansion and Small World. Be Our Guest @11:05

Wednesday - Epcot - head straight to Soarin' .. Kringla bakery for the Norwegian club for lunch (This was surprisingly good on our last trip) My friends plan to meet up with me at Epcot in the evening - This will be their only park day. We plan on doing the walk around World Showcase, have some drinks and explore the countries and shops.

Thursday - relax day - Massage at Grand Floridian at 10 followed by Afternoon Tea at Garden View Tea Room (I am very excited about this -- Generally if I was there with my guys I would not take the time out for this and I think it will be a treat!! Head over to Magic Kingdom for the 3:00 parade. That night my friends are meeting me at Polynesian for Ohana dinner @8:10 and maybe fireworks from the Poly Beach.

Friday - last day and back at Epcot. Pass through Canada and England for breakfast in France.

Some things I am unsure of --

Since we are there for my friends work, we are staying offsite at Hilton by Downtown Disney. I am not sure if I should uber (I have never used uber but not sure how to get where I want to go on time) just nervous as single female, you know you hear horror stories --

Have a garden grill Wed at 9 but may cancel -- not sure on this one

Park Hopper?? I have always gotten the hopper but not sure I would use it --- If I decide Thursday or Friday I want to add it can I go to guest relations and add it for remaining days?

I am sure there is something else I am forgetting!!??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter