monorail question

3reds

Mouseketeer
What is the best way to ride the monorail when you don't necessarily want to "go anywhere" -- you just want to go for a ride on the monorail?!
We're staying at POR so we're not on the monorail route, but sometime during our stay we thought it would be fun to ride it.
Any suggestions for where to get on/off? Thanks!!
We leave tomorrow!!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

You can hop on at any monorail stop (GF, Poly, CR, TTC, MK and Epcot). If you get on at Epcot, it will stop at the TTC, and you can either transfer to get to MK, or you can return to Epcot.
-MrsAPalm

You can just get on at MK and take a trip around seven seas Lagoon, or get off at Transportation Center and change for monorail to Epcot.

If you go to MK on a day that it closes early, go to Epcot afterwards.
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

BobF58--Does the monorail between Epcot and the TTC continue to run until the closing of Epcot even if the MK closes early? In other words, if we were to park at the TTC and go to MK for the day, then take the monorail over to Epcot for the evening, would we be able to catch the monorail back to our car at the TTC after Illuminations? I assume that it does run late as a convenience for the monorail resort guests...but I just want to be sure so we don't get stuck! :D

the monorail from epcot to ttc will continue to run after epcot closing even though the magic kingdom is closed...
hope that helps!!!!
sunking

Here's what we did (we were also staying at POR). After day 1 at MK (being up from 7am-11pm+) and day 2 at Epcot (being up from 7am-midnight), we were exhausted, so we took a day off from the parks. (We had planned to take this as a day off from the parks, but I had underestimated just how tiring it would be touring the parks—when we were there, MK’s hours were 9a-9p and Epcot’s were 9a-10p—and were criss-crossed the parks several times). So, on day 3, we slept in a bit, went to PO-FQ to spend some time at that theme pool, then went back to PO-R and spent some time at Ol Man Island pool and playground. Then we caught the Disney bus to MK (didn't go to the park, just took that bus to get over to the boats that take you to the Deluxe resorts). We rode the boat over to the Polynesian. We looked around there a little, saw the pool, etc, then boarded the monorail and rode the resort loop. We didn't get off at the other resorts, although we might next time, just to look around. We got off the resort monorail at the TTC and rode the other monorail (from that loop you can see it a lot of Epcot). When we got off that monorail, we took the boat over to the Yacht and Beach Club, looked around there (quite an impressive pool) and ate burgers at Beaches and Cream. Then we took the first boat that came that was going to a location where we could pick up a bus to POR (I think we headed for MGM if I remember right) and took the bus back to POR.

I had also considered going back to the Poly to watch the Electrical Water Pageant, but since we were getting up early the next day, we decided to return to POR and rest up instead. Another option after the Y&B club would have been to take Disney Transportation (I think a boat would have done it) to Downtown Disney, spend some time there, and then take the boat directly from DD back to POR.

It was a slower paced day, and we enjoyed it. I would not want to spend time riding the monorail on the same day that I was using a pass at the parks. I feel like if I'm paying for park admission, I want to take advantage of all the parks have to offer on that day and I don't want to spend time on activities that I can do for free on another day.

Take a trip atound the resorts and check them out. We saw The Grand Floridian at Christmas and it was beautiful. We even saw Mickey an Minnie dressed up to go to a wedding there! Be sure to ask the conductor if you can sit up in front and "drive " the monorail. You have a great view and the kids got little cards saying they drove it. Really cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter