monorail

Momx3

Earning My Ears
We will be at wdw in a week and I'm just wondering about the monorail. We plan to ride it around the first night we arrive kind of like a freebie taste of wdw. How do you get to ride up front? What do you do in particular to do this? Also, how many people can ride in front? We have 3 adults and 3 kids in our party. Thanks for all of your help.

4 people total can ride up front. (strollers have to be folded up). You can ask the CM at the loading area of the monorail platform.

To ride up front, just ask the CM on the loading platform if it is OK.

Not sure if your party size is too big...at the very least it could be a bit tight. I think you would all fit but that is likely up to the CM or the Pilot. Never hurts to ask, I s'pose!

Good luck!

WA

The monorail cab can hold up to 4. The best time of day to try this is mid afternoon when the monorail crowd is light. I think ti epcot loop is easiest to get in front

just ask the CM- you may have to pass the first ride and wait until it's open- but if you've got kids- they'll love it! Hope you get a good captain, sometimes they'll give you a pilot's license!!!!
GO REBELS!

Go to front of the loading area and ask a Castmember. If they say someone already has asked, don't be afraid to ask for the next available cab.

Also, your best bet will probably be to catch the monorail from the TTC and not a resort. And don't forget you always do both the MK and EPCOT monorails!

we did this on our trip 2 weeks ago, what a blast! we asked the cm attending and he said that no one else had asked, so we were next!

another family asked to go after hearing us, and the cm said, 'only 4 riders'. they wanted to wait on the next monorail, which the cm said they could do, but they decided to put their dd in with us and take that trip.

what a view! the driver gave us co-pilot cards and it was one of the highlights of our trip!

good luck!

We asked a couple of times and finally got to do it on our lastday. Like someone else said it was mid afternoon from the MK to the TTC. We just surprised our kids. They loved it! Our pilot was great but no licenses or certificates. :(Maybe next time!! Have fun!!!:D

We did on our trip a few weeks ago and it was really neat! OUr pilot wasn't the happiest that day so I didn't even ask about the copilot liscense. We had fun though!!

If the Front Cab is available, it has a maximum capacity of FOUR guests. Big or small, young or old... doesn't matter. Four in the front, the rest can ride in the back. If on the Resort Monorail, there is no switching seats at the next stop. If on Epcot or Express, it's a one way trip only.

To get in the front, simply ask a monorail host or hostess. If the front is already occupied, ask to wait for the next available train. They will have you stand/sit in a special waiting area. Do not move from where they ask you to stand/sit.

When in the Front Cab, please be respectful of the driver. It is okay to talk to them, and ask them questions. However, remember they have a job to do. Driving the train and listening to the radio is thier number one priority.

We do ask that there be no flash photography while the train is in motion. If you would like to take a flash picture while the train is stopped, please let the driver know.

Above all else... have fun :)

Thanks!! You have all been so helpful. One more thing, we are staying at ASMo, should we take the bus to MK, then what do we do?? We have only traveled by bus, so I'm not sure.

Originally posted by Momx3
Thanks!! You have all been so helpful. One more thing, we are staying at ASMo, should we take the bus to MK, then what do we do?? We have only traveled by bus, so I'm not sure.

Take a bus from ASMo to Magic Kingdom. If you are early you can visit Magic Kingdom. Maybe you can go on an early entry day. In the afternoon take the monorail from Magic Kongdom to the TTC. There are two different monorails to choose. The express monorail go without stops to the TTC, while the resort monorail have stops at the resorts. The resort monorail is the quitest, so the chance to get in the front is bigger. After that take the monorail from the TTC to Epcot. After this you can visit Epcot for the rest of the day, and finally take a bus from Epcot to your resort.

If you want to ride the TTC - Epcot monorail just one time, one way, be sure to take the ride from the TTC to Epcot and not from Epcot to TTC. If you start the trip at TTC you make the loop through Future World. Going from Epcot to the TTC the monorail does not go inside Future World.

Marcel.

Originally posted by mslangen
The resort monorail is the quitest, so the chance to get in the front is bigger.

Actually, no. The Resort Monorails is by far the HARDEST to get into the front. From the TTC or MK, it's nearly impossible. Plus, you run the chance of getting bumped out of the cab.

If you want the front, the Express and Epcot monorails are the better chances. If someone is waiting, you simply wait in line. With the resort monorail, you wait in line, only to have the train come in already full.

Hi,

For sure you will have the right answer instead of me. My answer is only based on the two trips I made in the past.
When I was there we ride both monorails and noticed that the resort monorail was much quiter then the express one.
We didn't ride in the frontseats either. At that time I didn't know that it was offered.

Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
Actually, no. The Resort Monorails is by far the HARDEST to get into the front. From the TTC or MK, it's nearly impossible. Plus, you run the chance of getting bumped out of the cab.

If you want the front, the Express and Epcot monorails are the better chances. If someone is waiting, you simply wait in line. With the resort monorail, you wait in line, only to have the train come in already full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter