monte cristo

disneybeachbum

Mouseketeer
I am taking my first trip to DL this August. Of course I have heard and read a lot about the Blue Bayou and the monte cristo sandwich. I love this type of sandwich and always order one when it is on the menu. But often it is huge. My question is, should my husband and I share one for lunch or each order one. Any advice is appreciated.

I haven't had one as of yet, but from what I've read it's best to share one. They are supposedly big and also quite rich. When we go in May, my husband and I will share a monte cristo and likely an appetizer that isn't so rich.

Also - make sure you call and ask for Priority Seating in advance! It's one of the few restaurants in the park that takes PS!

Have fun!

-Sally :earsgirl:

Another vote in favor of sharing one. It is very rich and gets a bit "sickening" when you over eat. Plus, you have room to share dessert!!!

Another vote for sharing! Here is the skinny on that one: DH is the biggest pig I know God love him. The man eats his own food, the kids' and mine if I let him (not very often). We share. It is huge but in addition it is so incredibly rich. It is however the best thing we eat while at DL! I am currently on Weight Watchers and drooling thinking of that sandwich. Less than six months and I'll be sharing one again!

Another vote for sharing. It is too rich and filling to eat the whole thing. But I have to have more than just that, like soup first or dessert after and that way you have room and feel full but not stuffed ;)

Oh, and I consider myself a fairly big eater, if you eat like a bird, it will definitely be too big!

My wife ate 2/3rds of hers I only ate 1/2. If you share you will probably want to share something else on the menu as well or have a appitizer

Yep, I chime in for sharing. My wife each order something different, I the Monte and her, what ever she is in the mood for. Then we split.

The last time I ate a whole one, I had to be rolled out. LOL.

Sharing vote as well! UNLESS, you have an appetite like my husband and can handle something that is battered and fried like that. Here is a little anecdote for you (not that you need one but I thought it was sorta funny):

Our last DL trip and last Blue Bayou visit, I ordered the Monte Cristo for once and my husband ordered the Jambalya (since he always orders the Monte Cristo). Long story short, I could only really eat half but put myself through torture trying not to waste food and tried eating the other half, sacrificing my stomach of course because all that heaviness really did a number on me. The whole time my husband was thinking he wanted the Monte Cristo instead of his Jambalaya, and the only reason non of us just switched, is because we thought the other one really enjoyed their meal and didn't want to share. hahah. :rotfl:

Now I have to redeem myself of that last visit and make sure I don't order the monte cristo just for myself ever again.

This was a pointless story but you never know when you need to hear something like it! :teeth:

Definitely share, it's very rich. I suggest you each get your own soup or salad, share the sandwich and then share some dessert. All their deserts are great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter