Moonlight Madness registration question

I am continuing to get the same error message that my numbers don’t match.
I was getting the "numbers don't match" error for 40 minutes on 2 different browsers, and my mobile. Then I tried using the confirmation number for my Tuesday night reservation, and I got past the error message and registered. It doesn't make sense, but it worked.

I was getting the "numbers don't match" error for 40 minutes on 2 different browsers, and my mobile. Then I tried using the confirmation number for my Tuesday night reservation, and I got past the error message and registered. It doesn't make sense, but it worked.

Sounds like they haven't changed a thing, same errors that we got last year.

:earsboy: Bill

Sounds like they haven't changed a thing, same errors that we got last year.

Totally insane. We booked 2 nights at Copper Creek for this event specifically. Was on the site at 9am trying to register, and it kept telling me wrong reservation number. On hold with Member Services for 40 minutes, and now its filled. Ridiculous

I called MS again yesterday to make sure that both of our villas had comments in about us traveling together. Again I was told that when registering, I should be able to put "11" in for the number of people attending, even though the resv # would be for a 2 bedroom, max of 8. "No problem" I was told, "you're allowed 16 people with your 2 villas".

So OK, I never got an email link. Went to DVC site around 6 this morning, and the RSVP link was on Standard time instead of DLS. So I went in a few minutes before the start time, expecting the count down to tell me that there was another hour plus left to go. Instead, it was live. I put in one member/resv #, and got the msg that the info didn't match. I double-checked the #, everything was Ok, tried again, and same msg. I started to put in another resv#, but site had crashed, server down, etc. Finally, I was able to put in the info for a different resv#, and this time it kept kicking it back for not checking an agreement box. I kept clicking on the box, and around the 4th time it went thru. However, it wouldn't let me put "11" in for the total attending. I kept getting the message that the # exceeded my resv info. So I went with 6, and finally completed the registration for 1 villa. And I started the whole process over for the 2nd villa. I was careful to print off the 1st one before starting the 2nd one. I did get the email for the 1st villa right away, but the one for the 2nd one took about 20 mins to com thru.

I'm relieved that this is done, but Disney sure didn't make it easy! Hopefully everyone will eventually get their registration too.

is yours a cash only stay? mine is and I wonder if that is the problem

I had no issue booking online with my cash YC stay. It doesn't surprise me though that others are as I had issues with a cash stay when I was booking the Magic Kingdom event.

As I have posted before, IMO these events are more about using them for show to entice new buyers to purchase direct. If they really cared about providing owners with a positive experience, they would fix the website and not have these issues go on for years.

Totally insane. We booked 2 nights at Copper Creek for this event specifically. Was on the site at 9am trying to register, and it kept telling me wrong reservation number. On hold with Member Services for 40 minutes, and now its filled. Ridiculous
same here. We booked our trip specifically for this

Just read the post before mine, the event is filled already? MS had thought it would last until 11 or so. But they warned me that if I tried to do 2 different registrations that I might not get the 2ned one. That's why I was advised to put the total party size on just one resv#.

disneynutz I don't understand how these events would be used to entice buyers to buy direct when only members who bought direct can attend. Disney is known for it's horrible web sites and lack of IT, it's not just signing up for these events.

got my reservation number but cannot register for the event now that it is at capacity

Now it says event filled to capacity. Can that be right???

Do people think they will release more tickets on the day it was supposed to be open for registration for people who are not staying on site? (June 20) Wondering if anyone knows what happened at prior events.

disneynutz I don't understand how these events would be used to entice buyers to buy direct when only members who bought direct can attend. Disney is known for it's horrible web sites and lack of IT, it's not just signing up for these events.

That’s not true. The event is open to those that bought resale or direct prior to the cut off/policy change and possess the blue membership card.

IMO Disney doesn't care if anyone attends, they want to be able to tell perspective buyers that if the buy direct they will be able to attend membership magic events.

Buyer in sales meeting: I read online that we can save money if we buy resale.
Guide: If you buy resale you won't be entitled to Membership Magic and other wonderful benefits. We have several private party events during the year at the different parks for free.

Which date is sold out? Thx

Nvm looks like both dates. What’s the capacity on these things? Can’t believe they filled so quickly

Last edited:
Well I'm screwed. Specifically planned vacation on property around this event and its sold out.

The more people who buy DVC the greater the competition for rooms and extra events. Just for CCV if half of the points are purchased by new owners and their contract is 200 points, that's over 8,000 new owners.

Disney don't disclose capacity. But if they increased availability, people would complain it was "too crowded" or that they ran out of hot dogs or whatever.

I tend to think @disneynutz estimate on the new CCV buyers is low. I see so many "I just bought 75 points as a new member!!!" posts on various boards. Someone probably is looking at average contract size, but I get a feeling that a lot of people are buying smaller with the new pricing, and that's just going to amp up issues with studio booking, and also with events like these.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter