Moonlight Madness registration question

Disney don't disclose capacity. But if they increased availability, people would complain it was "too crowded" or that they ran out of hot dogs or whatever.

I tend to think @disneynutz estimate on the new CCV buyers is low. I see so many "I just bought 75 points as a new member!!!" posts on various boards. Someone probably is looking at average contract size, but I get a feeling that a lot of people are buying smaller with the new pricing, and that's just going to amp up issues with studio booking, and also with events like these.

Might be low, CCV has 3,321,966 total points to be sold. Think of all of the new resorts and the total number of points that were sold and all of the additional people that have and will be added to the system. The days of the old DVC are gone.

:earsboy: Bill

So, due to DVC not having my information correct in their system, I missed out on getting tickets this morning. Every single combinations of member ID to reservation number I tried gave me the error "Either your Member ID Number or Resort Confirmation Number does not match our records. If you have more than one reservation number, please try again using an alternate reservation number." I ended up spending two hours and 36 minutes on the phone with MS who told me ultimately, there was nothing they could do since the event is now sold out. We booked this trip specifically for this event as a surprise for my mother's milestone birthday. I am now praying more tickets open up...

Why does this always have to be so stressful!?

So, due to DVC not having my information correct in their system, I missed out on getting tickets this morning. Every single combinations of member ID to reservation number I tried gave me the error "Either your Member ID Number or Resort Confirmation Number does not match our records. If you have more than one reservation number, please try again using an alternate reservation number." I ended up spending two hours and 36 minutes on the phone with MS who told me ultimately, there was nothing they could do since the event is now sold out. We booked this trip specifically for this event as a surprise for my mother's milestone birthday. I am now praying more tickets open up...

Why does this always have to be so stressful!?

It's stressful because Disney doesn't spend some of their 9 billion dollars in profit to fix the problems and/or because DVC doesn't have a big enough voice to get things corrected.

It's stressful because Disney doesn't spend some of their 9 billion dollars in profit to fix the problems and/or because DVC doesn't have a big enough voice to get things corrected.

Exactly.

Now to hope that maybe I'll be able to grab 3 tickets before the event. That is, if the system lets me when/if I can.

Wow, just tried to book the MM at Epcot for Aug and it is saying that the event is sold out.

Last edited:

To be fair, all of Disney tech has problems. Not just dvc.

And not for nothing but... I'll be staying on property for the August 15th Epcot event. But there are thousands of DVC rooms across Disney property and if you check the RAT very few of them are vacant. So to get a ticket to this event, I am competing against literally thousands of other people who either bought direct or are grandfathered in. Guess when I think about it, I'm really can't be too surprised that it sold out so quickly. Kind of like scoring Bruce Springstein tickets! Yes, I'm from Jersey LOL

I had been told that the Epcot MM was the hardest one to get in to because there would be less "tickets" given out for this park than at the other parks. Basically, this party will only be in the future world section where as MM at the other parks is open thru out the whole park and is able to accommodate more people. Don't know if that's true or not because this will be the 1st MM we've been to.

As for what Bill is saying, I totally agree. I don't think that Disney cares much about the existing members, they're just looking to sell more points. I get so worried every time I hear about a new DVC resort opening up because that's throwing so many more people into the pool of membership. Also, it seems like the new units are so many more points, unless you are looking at a studio. So the number of people trying for the more desirable villas just keeps growing.

Wow, just tried to book the MM at Epcot for Aug and it is saying that the event is sold out.
I spoke with member services at about 10 AM and was told it was sold out then. Tried at 9:00 online but got what seems to be the standard error...didn’t recognize me. I was actually surprised I got through to member services. They should just have people request ahead of time and select via lottery, it’s just about that anyways with the luck you need to get the system to work.

To be fair, all of Disney tech has problems. Not just dvc.

I agree and DVC often is on the coat-tails of Disney's IT. Still 9 billion dollars in profit last year, if they wanted to they could fix most of their IT problems. As long as people keep giving them business in record numbers, they will never change unless negative PR makes them do a better job.

Received not one but three different email registration links starting 7:47 am today

Just for giggles logged in early, approx 8:45 am and was able to proceed

Had cash at an allstars booked for 3 people on res. Availability to book total of six. Thot it was limited to occupant if reservation

Received not one but three different email registration links starting 7:47 am today

Just for giggles logged in early, approx 8:45 am and was able to proceed

Had cash at an allstars booked for 3 people on res. Availability to book total of six. Thot it was limited to occupant if reservation

No, it was advertised that a member could book for themselves and up to 5 additional guests or the max number on the reservation.

I have not used MDE to book this event and I don’t even know if you can. I always do it on the DVC site.

To get to Moonlight Magic registration, I:

-The first option is Moonlight Magic. Click that.
-Then there is a list of MM locations. Click on the park where MM will be.
-Then there either a blue box that says “How to Register” (if it’s not open yet) or “RSVP online” if it is open.

You can go to the page today and just bookmark it for tomorrow. There is no need to wait for an email and no need to log into MDE. Just DVC.

I don't see Discover Membership Magic listed. I see Explore Membership? then under that I see Member Offerings etc. Thanks

I don't see Discover Membership Magic listed. I see Explore Membership? then under that I see Member Offerings etc. Thanks

The Discover Membership Magic is just on the main page when I log in to the DVC site on my phone or computer (not in the menu list).

If you are in the menu list you can also get to it by clicking on My DVC Membership and scrolling down to Membership Magic in 2018.

Hope that helps!!

We went to MM at AK back in May. We picked up our "wristbands" at CCV. We had an issue similar to above posts and other posts about having a
total of 5 on my list, but we needed 1 more. We went down to the lobby at 7:30 to pick up "wristbands" for MM, and the CM there said,
how many do you need? I said 6, and she us 6. The persons in front of us had a handful of "wristbands". I think he had 10-12 of them in his hand..

SO... GO FIGURE??? Limit of 6, but they hand out as many as you need.. NOW, keep in mind this was 1 CM at CCV, and your mileage might
vary.........

DeerH

Hubby was able to score our tickets for today. Super excited as this is the first park event we will have done. We did Typhoon Lagoon last year and had a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter