Moonlight Magic at AK, Sept 2017

Can confirm I just spoke to member services and it wil not be opening up until the end of the month.

Thanks for the heads up! We cancelled our September Days, so we are not competing against anyone for a place!

I might just pop on the site tomorrow morning anyway. Just to be sure. :)

If it's open, I'll reserve it and then let everyone know. :D
I just spoke with Member Services, The website posting at the top of this thread was published by mistake:

Members with Disney Resort hotel reservations during the event can book online beginning Thursday, June 15, 2017. Event reservations open to all Members on Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time.

The new dates will be listed on the site later this month. If I remember correctly, it was July 5th or 6th when we were able to book last year for this event.

the member site has been updated....but STILL has the July 15th date for booking "when your reservation window opens". I have a reservation for Sept. 5 checking out on the 6th. technically I should still be able to book this trip. Does ANYONE see their "reservation window" yet or has anyone received an e-mail with a link yet?

Now the DVC Page does not mention anything about how to book.

Event Details
Get important event information.

Note: The following dates and times are subject to change.

Where & When

• Dates: Wednesday, September 6, 2017; and Wednesday, September 13, 2017
  • Time: TBD
  • Event Location: Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park, located at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida

Important Details

• Reservations are required and limited. Unfortunately, walk-ins will not be permitted.
  • Valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID required at check-in.
  • Complimentary admission to the after-hours event at Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park is valid for the duration of the event. If you wish to enter Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park before the event, valid theme park admission is required.
  • Offer is complimentary, non-transferable and cannot be sold.
  • Guests under 18 must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian.
  • We request that Members cancel at least 48 hours in advance.
  • Event may be canceled at the discretion of Disney Vacation Club due to inclement weather and Guests will be notified via resort communication.

I think with all of the updates they are making to the MDE (FP+/SDFP) systems is why they have removed it. But, that is just me thinking (so don't take it to the bank). We are traveling on points, arriving 09/03. We had a great time at last year's event, I sure hope we get to go again this year.

I just read on the "member services" thread above that someone at IT screwed up again. The recording when you call DVC says that AK moonlight reservations will open sometime in June. And now they changed the member website back to no dates. Sheesh.

I checked again this morning, and Member services said they have no information about this...

Has anyone here attended events of this nature in the past? I'm curious if we would be able to select FP+ in advance or not?

TIA!
This is how it was handled last year at AK. The park was closed to everyone at 7 pm (I believe...it could have been earlier, the park closed earlier last year as there was no River of Lights, etc.). No fast passes were available. You check in at a few different locations. You were given an assigned time for the Safari....one per person. You were also given tickets to play the arcade games in Dinoland. Once the park emptied out it was not crowded. You could go on Expedition Everest as many times as you wanted, no wait. There were stands set up in numerous places with free snacks, MickeyBars, lemonade and ice water. There was a dance party. Also a meet and greet with DVC staff. I cant remember if Kali River Rapids was open or not. I am hoping that this year Pandora will be added! Dinoland seemed to be the most hopping place last year. It was a real treat to walk around AK at night....as it wasn't a usual thing last year. Am also wondering if they will have a presentation of River of Lights or not.

I just wish they would get their act together and post the requirements for getting reservations.

Has anyone here attended events of this nature in the past? I'm curious if we would be able to select FP+ in advance or not?

TIA!
We went last year and had so much!
it was RAINING when it 1st opened!
So they moved the DJ and a lot of the characters for meet and greet where
Festival of the Lion king show is.

This whole ordeal with times going up and down and details appearing and disappearing has been a debacle. They could have handled it much better. Just looking forward to getting it booked and hoping they don't change a date at this stage of the game, but it's difficult to put much confidence in them the way it's been handled so far.

This is how it was handled last year at AK. The park was closed to everyone at 7 pm (I believe...it could have been earlier, the park closed earlier last year as there was no River of Lights, etc.). No fast passes were available. You check in at a few different locations. You were given an assigned time for the Safari....one per person. You were also given tickets to play the arcade games in Dinoland. Once the park emptied out it was not crowded. You could go on Expedition Everest as many times as you wanted, no wait. There were stands set up in numerous places with free snacks, MickeyBars, lemonade and ice water. There was a dance party. Also a meet and greet with DVC staff. I cant remember if Kali River Rapids was open or not. I am hoping that this year Pandora will be added! Dinoland seemed to be the most hopping place last year. It was a real treat to walk around AK at night....as it wasn't a usual thing last year. Am also wondering if they will have a presentation of River of Lights or not.

I just wish they would get their act together and post the requirements for getting reservations.

Do you remember how long the event was? and if you were allowed to enter earlier without a ticket. We are thinking about going and getting tickets to Universal and only visit AK for the DVC event.

Do you remember how long the event was? and if you were allowed to enter earlier without a ticket.
Last year the event started at 9:30 pm and ran until midnight. Those registered for the event could enter DAK as early as 7 pm without needing park admission.

Last year the event started at 9:30 pm and ran until midnight. Those registered for the event could enter DAK as early as 7 pm without needing park admission.

Awesome thanks, we did the Typhoon Lagoon a couple years ago and couple remember the exact deal/timing.

This whole ordeal with times going up and down and details appearing and disappearing has been a debacle. They could have handled it much better. Just looking forward to getting it booked and hoping they don't change a date at this stage of the game, but it's difficult to put much confidence in them the way it's been handled so far.

I completely agree. We have this planned as one of our "park days." We arrive on the 4th and we leave for PC for the 3 night Dream on the 8th and we already have tickets to MNSSHP on the 7th.

I completely agree. We have this planned as one of our "park days." We arrive on the 4th and we leave for PC for the 3 night Dream on the 8th and we already have tickets to MNSSHP on the 7th.
We are on a similar schedule this September. We're scheduled to arrive the 5th around lunch and leave the 9th around lunch, so we are trying to maximize park days as well. We also have MNSSHP tickets for the 7th (as well as the Keys to the Kingdom tour during that day) We are enjoying Food & Wine the 8th, and I'm hoping to maximize our Animal Kingdom and Pandora experience on the 6th. The only things I have left to do is book this party and make fast passes. At this point, I'm not sure which will come first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!