Moonlight magic at Hollywood Studios?

I'm in the same position, but since we live here, I'm thinking maybe I'll be willing to go to WDW in September. I did send an e-mail asking what options I would have if "they" cancelled, since I won't be able to bank those points. If I hear back, I'll post.

They are not allowing late banking now that parks and resorts are open. If you can still bank, I would do that vs hanging onto something for MM.

They are not allowing late banking now that parks and resorts are open. If you can still bank, I would do that vs hanging onto something for MM.
But they should if they cancel. The fault will be theirs, not mine. I've got 2 weeks to decide. We'll see. Maybe we'll just go anyway or maybe decide September is still too soon.

Basically, I get the studio for the day/evening of the event. We arrive around noon, spend time in whatever park, come back, shower, change clothes, go back out to the event with the park around 7:30 pm. The room is mostly a backup in case we're tired or not feeling well, but we don't normally stay overnight in a studio. After the party, we pack up and drive home around 2 am.

But they should if they cancel. The fault will be theirs, not mine. I've got 2 weeks to decide. We'll see. Maybe we'll just go anyway or maybe decide September is still too soon.

Basically, I get the studio for the day/evening of the event. We arrive around noon, spend time in whatever park, come back, shower, change clothes, go back out to the event with the park around 7:30 pm. The room is mostly a backup in case we're tired or not feeling well, but we don't normally stay overnight in a studio. After the party, we pack up and drive home around 2 am.
That sounds rough. I’m fully and entirely ready for sleep after a park day. Just thinking about driving home at 2am after a park day makes me want to increase the number of airbags in my car. Lol. You’re a real WDW warrior!

That sounds rough. I’m fully and entirely ready for sleep after a park day. Just thinking about driving home at 2am after a park day makes me want to increase the number of airbags in my car. Lol. You’re a real WDW warrior!

Not really. We're retirees who live here and have been so many times that we rarely spend what anyone else would call "a day" - I'm a night owl who needs to set a clock to be up any time before noon. ;) I'm content with taking a long walk and maybe doing one or two rides. The "day" of an MM event for me is to get to DVC by 2 pm, if the room is ready, we get organized, if not, we park at the DVC and hop a bus to whatever park with a FP around 3 pm. That can't happen this trip, but that's my basic system. We grab a late lunch, go back to DVC, shower, put our feet up for awhile (main purpose of booking the room) and head to the MM park after Jeopardy.

Not really. We're retirees who live here and have been so many times that we rarely spend what anyone else would call "a day" - I'm a night owl who needs to set a clock to be up any time before noon. ;) I'm content with taking a long walk and maybe doing one or two rides. The "day" of an MM event for me is to get to DVC by 2 pm, if the room is ready, we get organized, if not, we park at the DVC and hop a bus to whatever park with a FP around 3 pm. That can't happen this trip, but that's my basic system. We grab a late lunch, go back to DVC, shower, put our feet up for awhile (main purpose of booking the room) and head to the MM park after Jeopardy.

You just described my dream retirement.

Well, I hope you’re wrong.
Right now, based on trip reports, capacity at DHS is a real issue. With so much closed, there is not much to do, which drags the wait for the limited high-demand attractions available early in the day. MM is going to behave like an early-day wait, as people will be arriving in a roughly 2-hour block.

With no character experiences, no fireworks, no shows, no Launch Bay, DHS isn't even the half-day park people always said it was. It'll be 10k DVC members trying to get onto SDD and Smuggler's Run, OR it will be a wildly expensive park rental for DVD marketing that they have to throttle to a much lower admit number to make not an event half the attendees will complain about.

I expect DVC will make a decision the day after my banking deadline, July 31th. Without MM I am not sure SWMBO is willing to risk a trip to Florida.

No news from DVC about Moonlight Magic. Pulled the ripcord on our September stay so I can bank points. SWMBO already has me checking on grand villas to use all the banked points in case we have to cancel our December stay. BLT Lakeview Grand Villa has the inside track. (3 bdrm might be enough for our family of 3. Sometimes you just need the space.)

Yeah getting close to the one month mark to bank the points.

Hope we hear something in the next week or so

still not canceled on the website, so maybe there's like one chance in a million... ;)
people (not me) believe they're going to win the lottery with worse odds, so i'm not giving up yet :tink:
Thankfully, we have nothing to lose though - we just added a night before our usual Oct trip to go to MM.

"Thank you for your patience and kindness" = don't scream at MS if you're past your banking deadline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!